Using the IPAD MINI

Reaction score
On my way to buy a new ipad mini to use it instead of my smartphone.

Any know of anyone else using this setup yet?
After realizing I would not be able to use any of the current goggle's that are available, I decided the ipad mini is probably my best option to viewing clearer video. Not be able to see much detail when using a smartphone is most likely the vision's #1 red flag. I know I will have to modify a mounting bracket unless I find that one of the current monitor's bracket will work.

It appears the ipad mini's cost in the US is $299. I'm thinking when I'm all done with adding a bracket and doing something to help block the sun from the screen I will have a similar amount invested as a fov goggle setup.

I tried it but too darn big for my liking. More than that I don't fly FPV style much..not a fan. Everytime I have I crash or break something. I prefer to use the screen to frame shots and glance to get an idea of proximity if I'm far away.

That said the iPad mini does give you a bigger picture and allows you to see more. It just didn't suit me. Little iPhone 5 works fine (when iPhone comes out w iPhone 6 and bigger screen though..im all over that). Good luck on your set up.

JJ

I tried an iPad and resolution sucked, but think the mini would be better. I did buy a mini just yesterday and waiting on the DayVu screen protector to reduce glare. Waiting on a mount and should be here Monday. Hope it works out better than the iPhone, however would be great for an iPad version of the DJI app for better resolution.

Reactions: Ih82lose
flyNfrank said:
On my way to buy a new ipad mini to use it instead of my smartphone.

Any know of anyone else using this setup yet?
After realizing I would not be able to use any of the current goggle's that are available, I decided the ipad mini is probably my best option to viewing clearer video. Not be able to see much detail when using a smartphone is most likely the vision's #1 red flag. I know I will have to modify a mounting bracket unless I find that one of the current monitor's bracket will work.

It appears the ipad mini's cost in the US is $299. I'm thinking when I'm all done with adding a bracket and doing something to help block the sun from the screen I will have a similar amount invested as a fov goggle setup.

works great love it viewtopic.php?f=7&t=6318#p47657

I use the iPad mini. I made a mount which works awesome. I love the larger screen but the app is still optimized for the iphone not the iPad so the resolution isn't as good as on the iphone but it still works good. Won't be long and they should have an iPad app.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 531
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 584
I use the iPad Mini Retina. Resolution is great. I hus the Rave mount and the RC is well balanced.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga