USING THE DJI GO APP - WHICH WAY IS DRONE POINTING ??

Reaction score
OK, I was hoping to figure this out on my own, and I have not yet. My question has to do with the Go App and which way the drone is pointing according to the Pointer on the map.
I have been trying to practice using the flight simulator, but unless the drone is right in front of me so I can see the battery, I cannot tell which way it is pointed. So I fly off in the distance, move around and turn a little, and all of a sudden I can't tell which way the Phantom is pointed. One minute it will come to me by pushing the stick forward and pointing the single point on the drone symbol straight at me, then the next minute it's flying in some other direction. Why would it not always be pointed at the pilot when the pointer is pointed at him?

Screen_Shot_2016_01_28_at_11_12_31_AM_2.jpg

Last edited:
you need to yaw around until the pointy end of the arrow on your map in the bottom left corner points at the home point, then right stick forward will bring it towards you. as in this example the bird is still pointing away from you.

**EDIT** the above assumes you are still at the home point.

Reactions: dirkclod
I went in and looked at the simulator again, and I think what I may have been doing is pointing the pointer at my self, in real life, and not at the home point, just like you said. I think I have been doing that all along, and you pointing that out has helped me tremendously. Thanks so much. I've been afraid to let it get out of sight for that reason. I've had the Standard for 3 days now, and have watched a lot of tutorials, but have been afraid to let it out of my sight. Thanks agin.

Last edited:
If the locator arrow was pointing at you and right stick forward flies the bird away from you it sounds to me like you have Course Lock set. Check to see what position your PAF switch on the RC is in. The F position allows IOC flight capabilities of which Course Lock is part of...

It's hard to remember everything that might have been going on in that instance, but your thoughts of it are surely possible. I'm going to keep studying and watching videos on all the modes and get more familiar with all this drone and app can do before I get too brave. It would crush me if this thing got away from me.

Reactions: 750r
Do you get satellite imagery with simulation or just plain green looking fields

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Do you get satellite imagery with simulation or just plain green looking fields

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I figured out what was going on Yankee. I mistakingly had it in course lock mode. Thanks again everyone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl