Using ipad mini or ipad mini retina/Datalink

I use a mini. Its the perfect size. My wife has the mini retina. Its nice but I'm not watching HD movies and I barely use my normal mini as it is so the retina part of it is overkill for me.

Just got a retina mini 2 days ago and love it especially when using the ground station app, although i think it would be just as well on the normal ipad mini, i just wanted the better spec'd one (retina is basically an ipad air with a smaller screen)

That is good news thanks for taking the time to answer my question
Now i can go ahead and get one because my data link is shipping tomorrow
Wait a minute. Do i need the cell version?

I have the cell version. I don't connect it to verizon though. I jailbroke my phone and just tether off my iPhone for internet. I've never run the ground station app without internet.....

@Dave/Ksc: have either of you used the mini with the DJI NAZA settings app, the one that you can use if you connect the BTU straight to the NAZA? I'm not sure if that app is iPhone-only or not.

I don't have an iAnything right now, I was looking at the iPad mini as the cheapest solution for use with the GS and hopefully the settings app too.

I didn't use the mini with the naza app. I used my phone. but I do have a lot of phone apps on my mini. they just look zoomed in. slightly pixeled but they work.

OI Photography said:
@Dave/Ksc: have either of you used the mini with the DJI NAZA settings app, the one that you can use if you connect the BTU straight to the NAZA? I'm not sure if that app is iPhone-only or not.

I don't have an iAnything right now, I was looking at the iPad mini as the cheapest solution for use with the GS and hopefully the settings app too.

It is an iPhone only app, however it does allow you to download and use it on an iPad. I've used it and it works perfectly, albeit a bit iPhone looking, as it has been designed for that but that's not a problem.

P.S - I've jailbroken my iPad and have a tweak installed that gives smaller iPhone only apps a iPad like interface, seems to work well for the Naza App.

edit:

Naza App on iPad Mini Retina:

Naza App on Jailbroken iPad Mini Retina with tweak installed:

Attachments

• IMG_0025.PNG
    IMG_0025.PNG
    474.2 KB · Views: 398
  • IMG_0024.PNG
    IMG_0024.PNG
    455.1 KB · Views: 362
Perfect, thanks Dave! I guess I'll go ahead and get a mini then...after the new camera I'm shopping for now. I hate to spend the money for it, but dragging around a latop for portable groundstation use just isn't always practical or even feasible. If I can find a good condition used one, that'll be fine for what I need.

OI Photography said:
Perfect, thanks Dave! I guess I'll go ahead and get a mini then...after the new camera I'm shopping for now. I hate to spend the money for it, but dragging around a latop for portable groundstation use just isn't always practical or even feasible. If I can find a good condition used one, that'll be fine for what I need.

I found mine (used) for £100 less than new, and it was brand new sealed in box. Apparently they had won it in competition and didn't need it :? happy days lol :)

Plus, i'm sure you'll use it for other things too

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl