Using DJI GO to create movie

Reaction score
Would you use it?

My tablet has only 2 GB RAM and the app struggles to do functions like cut , etc.

If you have been successful with creating movies using the app do advise on how you do that.

Can the DJI GO app work on Windows ?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: omarkatwe
Would you use it?

My tablet has only 2 GB RAM and the app struggles to do functions like cut , etc.

If you have been successful with creating movies using the app do advise on how you do that.

Can the DJI GO app work on Windows ?

Perhaps 2mb and not gb? If Android I'd recommend Cyberlinks video app for $5 if it will install on your tablet. Keep in mind that you are just likely editing 720 HD cached video.

Perhaps 2mb and not gb? If Android I'd recommend Cyberlinks video app for $5 if it will install on your tablet. Keep in mind that you are just likely editing 720 HD cached video.
Can I stop the app from caching the video

Yes. It's a setting within the DJI app. You can also have it automatically clear the cache. However, RAM in a tablet is measured by MB, not GB. Storage is a different animal.

djipilotdisablevideocache-jpg.25222

Yes. It's a setting within the DJI app. You can also have it automatically clear the cache. However, RAM in a tablet is measured by MB, not GB. Storage is a different animal.
It's 2048 MB then

Reactions: With The Birds
Deuter Go App is available for android and IOS, no PC or OSX version atm. It might run in a virtual machine. I assume your intent hasnt vanged from your earlier post, you need a quick and easy way to get videos online to share and you arent particularily interested in optimim quality or effects. Thats why i recommended DJI go in your last post. I would set the phantom to record in 1080p (4k if your pc handles it) and use dji go for the quick edits). That way you also have the opportunity to do extra work on the PC if you like also.

Deuter Go App is available for android and IOS, no PC or OSX version atm. It might run in a virtual machine. I assume your intent hasnt vanged from your earlier post, you need a quick and easy way to get videos online to share and you arent particularily interested in optimim quality or effects. Thats why i recommended DJI go in your last post. I would set the phantom to record in 1080p (4k if your pc handles it) and use dji go for the quick edits). That way you also have the opportunity to do extra work on the PC if you like also.

Thanks , but noticed how un intuitive the app is.

It doesn't allow you to quickly browse where the videos are on local storage of the tablet.
It accesses some video repository which tries to load like 100's of media files sorted by date.
With no sorting option and hence I need to sit and browse through 100's of file before I might be able to locate the recent ones I copied from the micro SD.

There is an option to copy from the micro SD but it always errors with " not connected to the phantom "

Why is this so hard seriously

LoL..... i feel your frustration... my experience is there is no quick easy way to produce a video that people (other than freinds) will be engaged by or bother watching for more than 15 seconds. Unless its some seriously interesting news worthy type event. Playimg with the footage in post takes a lot longer than the filming and can be a syeep learning curve.

Iam now planning to use the Windows Movie Maker as I got a Windows computer , I believe it will be a lot simpler

I think it's a great little addition to the app, OK it will never create an oscar winner but for quick videos to share online it's great.

Once you master the way in which you select the clip from your videos and that you can tweak the edits to suit you'll get some very pleasing results.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Would you use it?

No.

In fact I would like to NOT use it at all but Lichi doesn't have drone settings that are in GO so I am forced to run that POS for certain things. I think my record for running GO is about 4-5 minutes before the app freezes and crashes.

I wouldn't fly with it let alone attempt to make a movie with it.

If you have a slower computer and record in 4k, you'll have to compress the video. I'm using Windows7 and have to compress the video to 720 for Movie Maker to run it smooth.
I haven't used Movie Maker in a while,

I just hope it's not as lame as it was 5 yrs back.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl