URGENT: New P3S Gimbal Motor Noise

Reaction score
So I just bought a P3S last week and upon arrival it starts up fine but then has a horrible gimbal noise when facing forward or upward (please see video:
). I contacted DJI and they actually told me this was normal... After disagreeing with them, they issued me an RMA but I'm really reluctant to waste the time and money sending it to them to fix. It flies great and the gimbal functions normally otherwise.

Here are some things I've tried to do:
- tightening screw for the yaw
- updated to 1.6.8
- all calibrations have been done

Can someone please advise me on what I should do?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Send it back to the place u bought it for an exchange if u can. Dji will take weeks to get it back to u

Send it back to the place u bought it for an exchange if u can. Dji will take weeks to get it back to u
Unfortunately the company on Amazon said they won't send a replacement and the price has gone up :/ Any concerns if I just keep it?

My P3S makes the same noise when it's pointed down at about a 30 degree angle. It's hard to tell how loud yours is, but I'm assuming it's exactly the same as mine.

My P3S makes the same noise when it's pointed down at about a 30 degree angle. It's hard to tell how loud yours is, but I'm assuming it's exactly the same as mine.
Have you contacted DJI about it? They told me not to worry about it but I can only imagine how that's gonna affect the gimbal in the long run.

I have not. All of my P3 gimbals make a similar sound.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl