P3s gimbal disconnected.

Reaction score
Hi guys! New here and I already have a bad taste in my mouth :(((. I've looked everywhere I could to find a solution so here I am before you all in search of your great wisdom.

The story:
Three days ago I got my refurb P3s in the mail from dji. Initial start up prompted a firmware update. Did the update and it failed at 40% turned it off and back on and it prompted the update again. Initiated it again and it failed at 99%... third time it actually fired up without the prompt. Went to the more info on the go app and it showed it was the 1.8.10 version.

The real issue:
It is extremely intermittent there is no rhyme or reason but at times either at start up or once I land the bird I will be disconnected from the app. When going to the status page it will indicate the gimbal status is disconnected and it will also show the battery temperature status to show n/a obviously it will show that but these two status lines are also red. Unlike other status that show n/a. It has disconnected while in flight once.

When this occurs, I still have control of the drone and gimbal when disconnected just no feedback from the app.

It will also at some point, when left idle at least, make a loud buzzing noise as if the gimbal is trying to turn but something is stopping it.

Another note: when I received my package, upon opening it I noticed the gimbal lock wasn't properly attached to the little slot on the underside of the drone...

I've called and texted at online support. All four times nothing was found. My next step is sending it in and having them look it over. Though the wait time is so long and I fear the issue won't be fixed because I lack faith in most. Is there anything else I should consider before sending it in.

It will also disconnect while in the little training mode thing that I wish had fpv...

I've tried all of tech supports suggestions. I've tried older firmware versions. Removed the sd card. Tried new cards. Reformatted... everything a newbie would try. I haven't looked deeper into actually removing the gimbal and look at the wire connections inside...

Aaaand I'm in the wrong thread. Awesome!
Don't beat yourself up about posting in the wrong forum. It's really amazing how many P3S owners post here in the Pro/Adv forum.

Gonna be one or two P3S owners around here, might be best to post in the correct forum though just in case

I don't see a piece of white foam anywhere on this thing. It is refurbished. Is that a difference?

I think I fixed the issue. As stated it is random some times so maybe it will happen again.

I downloaded different versions of firmware onto a sd card. First 1.5.xxx(I don't remember) upon checking it came up on the app as unknown version so I removed that from the ad card and I think I upgraded to 1.7 (the one below the newest one) and from there I upgraded via app to the newest version. Upon doing this alone it seems to have let me fly with no issues for two battery cycles with 0 issues. Turning everything off and back on and letting it sit for a few as well....

Since I'm not the only one to f-up and post in the wrong area maybe this will find some other poor unfortunate soul and maybe assist them in the future.

Reactions: crash1sttime

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj