Had to send p3s in for repair

Reaction score
Hi, today was a sad and nervous day.I had to send the p3s back for repair, I bought it new off dji website.I took delivery on the 14th of January but had to wait about a week to fly. My first 2nd and 3rd flight all showed jello in the screen, loss of video image error msg. Along with the option to return home or cancel, I always hit cancel amd would regain video for about 30 seconds each time.I talked and chatted with dji "techs" and we couldn't figure out the issue.Also the camera shook/vibrated alot.I felt the upper gimbal mount plate and it was vibrating, along with another vibration and noise coming from the yaw motor.I checked the grub screw for tightness and made sure it was tightened down on the flat spot of the motor shaft.I have seen many videos with most of sending in the unit, while others played with settings in the app.Another guy on you tube said he sent his unit in and dji said they loosened the brushless yaw motor.I know im all over the place in this topic, if anyone has had this issue and resolved it, can you please tell me how?Thanks.Ill try and upload a video and screen shots.

Sent from my SM-T217S using PhantomPilots mobile app

Attachments

• 1486140906236.png
    1486140906236.png
    322.5 KB · Views: 422
  • 1486140955273.png
    1486140955273.png
    296.1 KB · Views: 480
Hi, today was a sad and nervous day.I had to send the p3s back for repair, I bought it new off dji website.I took delivery on the 14th of January but had to wait about a week to fly. My first 2nd and 3rd flight all showed jello in the screen, loss of video image error msg. Along with the option to return home or cancel, I always hit cancel amd would regain video for about 30 seconds each time.I talked and chatted with dji "techs" and we couldn't figure out the issue.Also the camera shook/vibrated alot.I felt the upper gimbal mount plate and it was vibrating, along with another vibration and noise coming from the yaw motor.I checked the grub screw for tightness and made sure it was tightened down on the flat spot of the motor shaft.I have seen many videos with most of sending in the unit, while others played with settings in the app.Another guy on you tube said he sent his unit in and dji said they loosened the brushless yaw motor.I know im all over the place in this topic, if anyone has had this issue and resolved it, can you please tell me how?Thanks.Ill try and upload a video and screen shots.

93ffd4ec143810208d51c87b0c1b258b.jpg

I think I know what it is. Did you remove the foam at the back of the gimble? Very easy to miss.

Neon Euc

The Standard does not ship with that foam block. The OP should send it back to DJI for replacement, it's a fairly painless process.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj