uploading firmware

Reaction score
newby here to the drone world, I can download the latest file taken off this site for my P3 pro to my computer but do i need a driver or something to load that file into my controller, what steps am i missing here ?

I suggest you go online to YouTube and search for videos on updating firmware. You will get a wealth of knowledge.

I did that and found exactly what I needed, thanks !
Just be careful about old outdated videos such as updating the RC with a USB stick which hasn't been the correct process for 2+ years now.

Here are the most often referenced instructions for updating:
P3 Firmware - HOW TO: Install Phantom 3 firmware

Also, click here for some background and other very important information about the flight distance restrictions starting with 1.11.20.

If you are interested click here for some tips that I often share with new P3A/P3P owners.

Cheers!

ok so i go through all the required sequences to upload the files to both remote and drone, everything goes according to what I saw on utube, so I'm thinking maybe I got it ! not able to fly due to all the rain we're getting here but looking forward to it

ok so i go through all the required sequences to upload the files to both remote and drone, everything goes according to what I saw on utube, so I'm thinking maybe I got it ! not able to fly due to all the rain we're getting here but looking forward to it
make sure when you're doing FW update on a P3 Pro to have a house fan blowing at full speed in the general direction of the gimbal on the P3 because it will overheat and burnout.

make sure when you're doing FW update on a P3 Pro to have a house fan blowing at full speed in the general direction of the gimbal on the P3 because it will overheat and burnout.

I remember reading that somewhere too, i didn't do that this time around hope all is ok with it but as i my previous post indicated I haven't got success in getting the thing fired up, my drone buddy is back next week and he's offered to get it flying

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94