Welcome to PhantomPilots.com

Upload to you tube question.

Discussion in 'Pro/Adv Discussion' started by Jesse James, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Jesse James

I shoot in 2k or 1080p but when I upload it to you tube the highest resolution I get is 720p ? How do I get a higher resolution at least 1080p ? Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

2. Jesse James

3. MPPilot

Jesse, your posted video is listed as "Private"

Jesse James likes this.
  4. tcope

Are you using an editor to render and upload your video? If so, there may be a setting as to what resolution to upload. Other then that, Youtube automatically using the highest resolution available. It can take 30-60 minutes for those higher resolutions to show up as choices.

5. NotARubicon

Are you uploading directly from your Phantom's memory card or from some other editing program/source?
    My guess is you are not taking it directly from the memory card and whatever that step is in between is changing the resolution.

6. TXDrone

Jesse, I had this problem the other day. For me the fix was to wait. The low resolution video is available almost instantly but it took a while (I want to say about 20min) for the 4k video to be available.

--Francisco

7. Jesse James

8. Jesse James

ok made it public. seems no matter how long i wait i only get 720p I'm uploading directly from the sd card. thanks for your help. 720p still looks good on retina display but not so much on tvs.

9. tytlyf

Get the video off the SD card on the bird. Other than that, youtube does show lower resolutions for your video before it's completely processed. For instance, I can shoot a 1080p movie, upload to youtube and immediately viewing the video will only show as 360p. After about a half hour it may go up to 720p, etc. Just takes time on the youtube side to process to the original format.

EDIT: Just saw your reply above. Try going into your youtube settings and making sure everything is good. Additionally, you could post a link to dropbox or another file sharing service with the video and we could try uploading to youtube to see the result.

Jesse James likes this.
  10. Reed L

I just run my movie through an editing program first, change it to H.264 when producing and then it displays on Youtube the same res as uploaded.

11. RocketBrew

You don't have to make them Public, I usually set mine to "Unlisted" so they don't get found in searches, but are available in links here.
    2016-06-13_15-34-14.jpg

sonof40, Excavator99 and Jesse James like this.