Upgrading firmware on phantom 3s

Reaction score
I am very new at all of this, did some reading and downloaded the dji go app then turned on the drone and the controller started the phone and went to my wifi and clicked on the phantom then the app opened and it said that there is an upgrade to be done. The first and second time it said the upgrade failed try again later so I did an then it seemed ok. Tried it in house without blades and it looks ok with lots of features in the app. but I did not use the sd card which is only right in the gimbal but when I read on the forum everyone seems to be talking about putting the firmware on the sd card then in the drone. have I done it wrong or am I missing something. My drone is the Phantom 3 standard.
Thanks Ayrem

Here is what i did on mine. Never have to use the sd card though but i left it on the drone. I made sure that both the drone and the controller are fully charged. I had my second update 2 days ago and i had the drone for 3 weeks now. The first update took about 20mins or so and the second one was about 10 mins no even. When i connect to the drone it said new update. I disconnect from the drone and connected on my home wifi. Downloaded the update using the app (i am using ipad mini 2). Once done, i disconnect and reconnect to the drone. Once connected it says new firmware. I just tapped on that and the update went on. It will make that same sound the very first time you made an update. The sound will change once done or you can see on the app that says update completed. I did that same process on both occasions and it worked for me.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Yes, the standard is supposed to updated with the App, not the SD Card.

Thank you so much for the information it was a big help for me.
Ayrem

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl