Upgraded short SMA cables for DBSMods

Reaction score
I know somebody was showing off upgraded SMA connectors for their DBSModded controller. Any idea on that thread or where I can get them. I'm a bit pissed that my SMA connectors from DBSMods already broke in half after a few weeks.

Thanks!

Took 3 weeks to get them and well worth the wait and not that hard to bend . I wouldn't want them like the stock ones .
IMG_1642.JPG

I had the DBS mod for 3 weeks. I flew 4 times, and the cable broke. It cost me my Phantom 3 Professional. My replacement P3P arrives tomorrow. I'm pretty upset, but I'll write a complete post tomorrow. Those cables were pretty bad. I just ordered those blue ones and they won't come for 3 weeks. Couldn't find a stateside seller. There was one person on amazon who had black versions of the cable but they were 8 inches, so I'll just get these and fly with the stock controller for the next few weeks.

Reactions: dirkclod
Last edited:
Where can I read about this? What does it offer over just DBSMod I have? Looks cool!
DBS is the itelite panel . The S is 2.4 and 5.8 . Not like the Pro/Adv . Has 2 cables for 2.4 and 1 for 5.8

Added / Is cool like me :cool:
;) Thanks

Last edited:
@dirkclod really enjoyed looking at your video wow you have gotten some distance great job on all.. I can maybe get 1600 feet with the DBS mod only because I'm in cogested Wi-Fi area park.but alot better then my original 800 feet

I tred going the cheap route putting 3 6 dbi antennas .. worked better but no comparison to my dbs mod wow great $130. .. only lil problem i ran into is i put one of my antennas wires were my old antenna was, so the hook up on dbs i lil close ... don't want to open the transmitter again but with your right angel blu wires that will solve my problem

Can u send me a link to the blue wires please thx

I took my p3 standard quad apart and added 2.. 5.8 antennas to the side it Definitely helped I did not see where the 2.4 wires go? I did see the antennas in the battery box but I don't see where they get disconnected from?

I heard clover antennas might be better ? I looked on fplvr didn't see the antennas you have

Thanks for your help using voice dictation hope you're able to understand it

I had the DBS mod for 3 weeks. I flew 4 times, and the cable broke. It cost me my Phantom 3 Professional. My replacement P3P arrives tomorrow. I'm pretty upset, but I'll write a complete post tomorrow. Those cables were pretty bad. I just ordered those blue ones and they won't come for 3 weeks. Couldn't find a stateside seller. There was one person on amazon who had black versions of the cable but they were 8 inches, so I'll just get these and fly with the stock controller for the next few weeks.
So how did this happen (loss of P3) if the signal was lost due to a broken cable it should have gone into RTH.

@dirkclod really enjoyed looking at your video wow you have gotten some distance great job on all.. I can maybe get 1600 feet with the DBS mod only because I'm in cogested Wi-Fi area park.but alot better then my original 800 feet

I tred going the cheap route putting 3 6 dbi antennas .. worked better but no comparison to my dbs mod wow great $130. .. only lil problem i ran into is i put one of my antennas wires were my old antenna was, so the hook up on dbs i lil close ... don't want to open the transmitter again but with your right angel blu wires that will solve my problem

Can u send me a link to the blue wires please thx

I took my p3 standard quad apart and added 2.. 5.8 antennas to the side it Definitely helped I did not see where the 2.4 wires go? I did see the antennas in the battery box but I don't see where they get disconnected from?

I heard clover antennas might be better ? I looked on fplvr didn't see the antennas you have

Thanks for your help using voice dictation hope you're able to understand it
Am sending you a message with what you ask Ray .
Sorry guy's I didn't mean for the Standard stuff to spill over to the wrong section .

I got the wrong ones, can you help me? I need that socket on both ends of the cable. What's it called?
You want the 90 degree connecter's like on mine ?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl