Upgraded short SMA cables for DBSMods

Thanks to you I just ordered the correct one! What exactly are you putting into the search engines that I'm not? Do you see one on amazon prime by chance? I really want this cable today.
I saw that in another tread and I didn't use a search . But when I do I use the one in my signature :)

They do take between 3 and 3 weeks to get them. I just ordered another set and sure you can get them here but I don't know where .

The rg 402 cables have been tested and the results showed a lot of the signal is going back at the controller. Also they will break easily. My first set of them crapped out after about 2 months.My range went from 4+ miles all the way down to 2500 ft. I switched them out with the original rg316 cables and the problem was fixed. The SWR meter showed that the rg402 are not the best ones to use. I ordered a couple pairs of rg 58. Hopefully they will be here in a few days. I'll put up a link for anybody that wants to try them. Email the seller and he will make the exact length that you want and right angle as well.
RG58 SMA male plug to RP-SMA male RF coaxial pigtail jumper LOW LOSS cable lot

The rg 402 cables have been tested and the results showed a lot of the signal is going back at the controller. Also they will break easily. My first set of them crapped out after about 2 months.My range went from 4+ miles all the way down to 2500 ft. I switched them out with the original rg316 cables and the problem was fixed. The SWR meter showed that the rg402 are not the best ones to use. I ordered a couple pairs of rg 58. Hopefully they will be here in a few days. I'll put up a link for anybody that wants to try them. Email the seller and he will make the exact length that you want and right angle as well.
Is the blue ones you are referring to?

Yes the blue ones. Which sucks because I recommended them to everybody when I got them :( At least they are inexpensive.

Did you get a chance to try the RG58? I'd like to shorten the cables (between controller and antenna) that came with my DBS mod (I think they're RG316)...so I was thinking of replacing the RG316 with better cables...if necessary.

Yeah they are working out good so far . No complaints.

Attachments

• 1452044350086.jpg
    1452044350086.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 259
Yes the blue ones. Which sucks because I recommended them to everybody when I got them :( At least they are inexpensive.
I have to but have had great results with mine .

Great! Thanks!

I noticed you have amps. Every so often I'll get weak signal in a wi-fi congested area, even with the DBS mod. Would recommend amps? If so, which ones, where to buy, which battery? I found this (bracket looks good): Drone Evolutions
Yes I would definitely recommend amps !! Sunhans are the best and they just came out with some gold 2.4 ghz 3w amps thar are a lot smaller than the ones I have buy they are the same specs. Amazon.com is a good place to buy them .

That great!! But a have seen several reports of those cables being unreliable. So if you ever start having issues check those cables first . They also don't test well on rswr .
Their all cheap and ya right . Is why I always buy more than I need :)

Reactions: phantom13flyer
That great!! But a have seen several reports of those cables being unreliable. So if you ever start having issues check those cables first . They also don't test well on rswr .

So the cables that come with the DBS antenna mod are no good?

How short are those newer and shorter cables?? I bought my dbs mod from my friend(not installed,can't tell when it was bought) and would like to measure mine and check which cables I have..

Here's my RC with DBS:
d326622fe18df8cad6dc75958a2a2992.jpg

Lähetetty minun SM-G930F laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik