Upgraded P4 propeller mount now available from DJI

I purchased my P4 in January of this year. Anyone know if the upgrade would be considered under warranty?
Many thanks!

Is it fair that I ordered mine before telling you guys? LOL

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots
It would only have been unfair if you hadn't told us at all :)

Actually, since I'm a new owner, I saw the post a few days ago on the subject, and since I have not yet done a flight, but researched a lot; I contacted DJI (US) and hinted strongly that since the new hubs constitute an "Engineering Revision" for reliability and flight safety improvement, they might send me a set free of charge. After getting the email forwarded to Mainland China (and I'm sure it loses something in the translation...) they said to stay tuned to the DJI Store for the new hubs (no mention of "free upgrade" however:rolleyes:
I'll get a set (of two) ordered this evening before I do fly, but I can see from an engineering point of view that the existing "leaf springs" in the hub might fail from metal fatigue right at the radius where they go flat along the hub base, particularly where the props are put on and off frequently.

Reactions: elarryland
Hi, was wondering how tight to make the new 3 screws? Tighten where it can not turn anymore?
I tightened mine until the screw was flush with the hub and firm and then a tiny bit more, the screws have loctite. I flew twice yesterday with them, checked the hubs and they were fine.

I tightened mine until the screw was flush with the hub and firm and then a tiny bit more, the screws have loctite. I flew twice yesterday with them, checked the hubs and they were fine.
Ok thanks, I did two screws have to do the third one. I can say this not an easy install for me. The very tiny hex nearly fell into the opening of the motor. .

Ok thanks, I did two screws have to do the third one. I can say this not an easy install for me. The very tiny hex nearly fell into the opening of the motor. .
Try putting some small pieces of tissue paper in the motor openings so that if you drop the screw it will bounce off. That's what I did.

Fester,
Many thanks for the reply. I figure I'll just pay the $18 and avoid the hassle. I'll save my warranty communications for higher stakes! Again, many thanks for the reply!

Ordered mine on Sunday, arrived 2pm today (Tuesday) how brilliant is that?
Ordered mine on Sunday, arrived 2pm today (Tuesday) how brilliant is that?
Mine too, and promised tomorrow (wed.), I suspect the package should fit comfortably in the mailbox as looks to been shipped from stateside.
Ordered an DJI universal fit neckstrap too, that however is going to be somewhat lagging in delivery according to the email...

Mine too, and promised tomorrow (wed.), I suspect the package should fit comfortably in the mailbox as looks to been shipped from stateside.
Ordered an DJI universal fit neckstrap too, that however is going to be somewhat lagging in delivery according to the email...

They ship FEDX and require an adult signature.

Right you were on the signature. The shipping box measures was roughly 7" square and would have fit the my bit oversized mailbox though. It hard to tell these days just who is going to actually delivery it to your door, as there seems to be lots of interaction now between the USPS, FedEx and UPS, never seem who will show up with it.
The earlier suggestion about putting tissue temporarily in the motor vent holes is a really good idea, because I checked and the the new screws are highly magnetic and would probably fall into and stick to the motor magnets in a heartbeat!

FYI, It comes via FedEx, and they require a signature. Got mine yesterday.

Mine came DPD delivered in a box to my neighbour no way it would go through the letter box. Strange they arrive quicker in UK than in the USA

I ordered mine while in Tucson last week after reading this thread and they came yesterday, already installed. Never had any problems with the original design but have to say these definitely put a lot more tension (locking) on the props.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl