Upgrade Problems

Thanks for the comments. All working well now. Just never had that loud beeping for ten minutes prior to the start of the upgrade. Now I just need to figure out why my controller still says 1080k. Thanks again.
You will get the loud beeping if you turn off the phantom went its upgrading then turn it back on really loud beep for about 10 mins

This was my experience, just finished updating with no problems.

Placed the bin file into a new formated sd card and then placed the card inside your phantom 3. turn on the bird and let it do its beeping. During upgrading it will beep 4 times continuosly, pause, and then continue to beep 4 times, all these whilst the camera status light blinks red and green.

Now here is the difference i noticed, every once in a while, it plays the start up sound, so far i think i counted that it played it 3-4 times. After that, it stops with the start up sound(but still with the 4 quick beeps). Camera gimbal then dances for a while, and then the beep slows down to a slower 4 beep.

After all this is done, the 4 beeps will cease and you get a steady green light on the camera status indicator.

Power off your bird and you are done!
Garrie,
What software version does your GO App show for the Aircraft and RC?
Thanks,
Denis

ImageUploadedByPhantomPilots - DJI Phantom Forum1441644187.906775.jpg

What is the size of the zipped file? I get 25.9MB which seems small. It appears I have screwed up something because I get a fail on the upgrade.

Ty all very much your help got my update finished now I have to go to work bummer thanks

Thanks for the comments. All working well now. Just never had that loud beeping for ten minutes prior to the start of the upgrade. Now I just need to figure out why my controller still says 1080k. Thanks again.
Try deleting the App and reinstalling it. After I did that, the App finally showed the correct software version for the aircraft.

Did the 1.4.1 update today and the app update but when I was about to do the RC I hit rock. As the "how to" pdf says I turned on the app and looked for an update but it says the FW is the latest. According to the pdf there should be an FW download there. In the app it says the FW for the RC is 1.3.2 so what's going on here? Is there no need for an RC update or what? The pdf claims that it should?!?!?! Saw earlier in this thread that "Garri" also has 1.3.2 on his remote. Wasn't able to do anything about this so I did a test flight anyway and all seems to be working but I would like some experts opinion on this...

Screenshot_2015-09-08-18-47-51.png

I'm having a problem with the update. My GO app is updated, I successfully updated the copter, but the controller won't update. When I start everything up and get ready to fly, I see the red "UPDATE REQUIRED" at the top of Camera view. Here are my versions:
APP: 2.1.0 (Android)
Remote: 1.2.6
Firmware 1.4.0

What, exactly needs updating?
When I try updating the controller, it just sits there with a red light (fully charged) for about 10 minutes. Then it starts beeping about once every 2 seconds, and never stops. Red light stays on solid. If I wait 30 minutes, and finally power off the remote (even though it is still beeping every 2 seconds, red light), there is no .TXT file on the card.

The Phantom flies ok, but I still get the red UPDATE REQUIRED. What needs updating?

Your remote is on older firmware - it needs to be updated to 1.3.20. You can use the package and instructions from Phantom 3 Professional & Advanced - Downloads - Manuals, Software, Drivers download | DJI - use the 1.3.20 package; like it says on the website the latest 1.4.0 doesn't include the controller update.
Ok. So the RC shouldn't be updated?! Remember reading this somewhere but can't find that info on dji.com, in the pdf that follows the FW update it says quite clear that RC should be updated and there is a whole segment describing how to do it. There is even a disclaimer saying you need to update RC FW to 1.3.2 to be able to update to this latest one. Quite weird that it's all there if it's not needed?!?!

You need to update your controller to 1.3.2 if it is not on it already. If its already on 1.3.2 then there is no need to perform an update of the controller.

To figure out what firmware your controller (or aircraft or app) is running check your About screen on the Go App - Instruction on how to do that below -

Goto your DJI Go App -> Goto Camera View -> Select the Options icon on the top right hand corner -> In the pop-up - Select the "..." (Other) category -> Scroll all the way down to select "About" and now it should show you the current version for the app, remote controller and aircraft.

As of today (Sept. 8 2015) the latest versions are

App: 2.2.0 (iOS) or 2.1.0 (Android)
Remote Controller: 1.3.20
Firmware (Aircraft): 1.4.0010

Good luck!

Reactions: SolidP

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member