Upgrade Failed (No SD Card) - Please Help

Reaction score
I have tried upgrading the firmware via the Android and iOS app unsuccessfully. This is what I have done:

1) Powered on the controller and the P3
2) Downloaded the update through the app
3) Clicked update in the DJI app

The following error message continues to popup:

"No SD Card inserted, unable to upgrade"

However, the SD card is inserted. I have tried multiple SD cards. I have also tried putting the downloaded "P3C_FW_V01.03.0050.bin" file in the root of the SD card to manually upgrade (I have read this is not possible on the standard edition).

The camera view shows nothing and I am unable to upgrade after several attempts. I have tried contacting DJI support and I have not received an email back (it has been 2-3 weeks now).

Please help. How do I get this update installed and get my camera working? Thank you.

Format the sd card with the go app. Download the update through the Dji web site. Unzip the file and put it onto your card.

@garykeithmead1, thanks for the reply.

> Format the sd card with the go app

I tried this with two separate SD cards. I went into camera mode -> menu -> tool icon -> "Format SD card". After a couple of seconds, the app showed a dialog informing me that it failed to format the SD card. I also formatted the SD card on my computer and the update still didn't take.

> Download the update through the Dji web site

I have read in multiple places that updating the standard edition via putting the update file one the SD card does not work. I have already tried this with no success.

My original problems still remain:

1) Cannot update to the latest firmware via the DJI Go app.
2) No camera view and a "No signal" or "disconnected" label in red in camera view.

I am wondering if the update was a good, and now you need to re-link the Phantom and the controller.

I am wondering if the update was a good, and now you need to re-link the Phantom and the controller.
Ime still having the same problem to maybe in-between we do need to re link the RC maybe the SD card error we are getting is because the RC and air craft is not linked any more I'm try download the package,then relink the RC and air craft then click upgrade

I have tried upgrading the firmware via the Android and iOS app unsuccessfully. This is what I have done:

1) Powered on the controller and the P3
2) Downloaded the update through the app
3) Clicked update in the DJI app

The following error message continues to popup:

"No SD Card inserted, unable to upgrade"

However, the SD card is inserted. I have tried multiple SD cards. I have also tried putting the downloaded "P3C_FW_V01.03.0050.bin" file in the root of the SD card to manually upgrade (I have read this is not possible on the standard edition).

The camera view shows nothing and I am unable to upgrade after several attempts. I have tried contacting DJI support and I have not received an email back (it has been 2-3 weeks now).

Please help. How do I get this update installed and get my camera working? Thank you.
Just found this video with the same problem we are both having ,he was trying to use a bigger SD card to ,he said after going back to same brand and 8 g SD card it come with everything is working now it may not can see nothing bigger that what it came with

I new to this not shur I just got no camera and have a orange update thing pop up when I try turn the stuff in and I always get the no SD card but I have Ben trying to use a card/cards bigger than what the p3s come with

I am using a 32Gb sandisk card and that works well........I did try a 64Gb sandisk card but the P3 was not having any of it.... and BTW the 64Gb card was formatted as ex-fat.

I am using a 32Gb sandisk card and that works well........I did try a 64Gb sandisk card but the P3 was not having any of it.... and BTW the 64Gb card was formatted as ex-fat.
What do you mean see because I've not did the update yet I have no camera options,to format the sd cards in the go application I can format with my smart phone but it don't seem to work I'll download the package,the get to the start upgrade part then I get a error no sd card inserted

Ime still having the same problem to maybe in-between we do need to re link the RC maybe the SD card error we are getting is because the RC and air craft is not linked any more I'm try download the package,then relink the RC and air craft then click upgrade

I'm still waiting for an answer to the question on this post.
Cache/SD Card

and this post
Cache/SD Card

and the first question on this post.
Cache/SD Card

Rod

What do you mean see because I've not did the update yet I have no camera options,to format the sd cards in the go application I can format with my smart phone but it don't seem to work I'll download the package,the get to the start upgrade part then I get a error no sd card inserted

Have you tried using the sd card that came with the P3?

Last edited:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl