Updating maps

Reaction score
I have a question, when I go to a new location to fly I don't seem to be able update my map in the dji go map display. I can set my return to home point but my location appears over a blank display with a cursor. I am using an iPad mini and keep the wifi turned off. Hope someone can offer some advice.

I have a question, when I go to a new location to fly I don't seem to be able update my map in the dji go map display. I can set my return to home point but my location appears over a blank display with a cursor. I am using an iPad mini and keep the wifi turned off. Hope someone can offer some advice.
Hi dumb question but what happens when u calibrate the compass that shoud update homepoint

And is that china mainland setting in general settings shoud b off

Notha idea there something in settings where u cache your maps

The map comes from the internet so it can't update unless you have net connection or you have the maps cached on your tablet.

Hi dumb question but what happens when u calibrate the compass that shoud update homepoint
Calibrating the compass is probably unnecessary but it has nothing to do with maps or home point.
The compass just allows your Phantom to fly straight and know which way it's pointing.

The map comes from the internet so it can't update unless you have net connection or you have the maps cached on your tablet.
+1 Meta4 has it right. Go into the app and turn on Map Cache. Then at home or anywhere else that you can get a wifi connection (I often stop at a McD, grab a coffe and use theirs) with the wifi on, turn on e app. Now scroll the map to where you plan to fly and zoom in to get as much detail as you need (map will originally come up centered on your current location). Turn off the app and your map should be saved. When you turn on the app in the field, the map you cached earlier will come up and the location of the bird (home point) will be indicated. No need for any external wifi connection.

Calibrating the compass is probably unnecessary but it has nothing to do with maps or home point.
The compass just allows your Phantom to fly straight and know which way it's pointing.
Ok thanks 4 quote,,and corection ,,i replyed with compass when i do mine it tells me homepoint has been updated that why i say that:)
+1 Meta4 has it right. Go into the app and turn on Map Cache. Then at home or anywhere else that you can get a wifi connection (I often stop at a McD, grab a coffe and use theirs) with the wifi on, turn on e app. Now scroll the map to where you plan to fly and zoom in to get as much detail as you need (map will originally come up centered on your current location). Turn off the app and your map should be saved. When you turn on the app in the field, the map you cached earlier will come up and the location of the bird (home point) will be indicated. No need for any external wifi connection.
Thanks for that ive never had to do my maps so i was unsure was trying to throw some ideas for markg4190:)

i replyed with compass when i do mine it tells me homepoint has been updated that why i say that
That will just be a coincidence. The compass and GPS are separate systems.
Homepoint is recorded when the Phantom gets enough satellited to get a good position fix but this is not at all related to anything you do with the compass.

That will just be a coincidence. The compass and GPS are separate systems.
Homepoint is recorded when the Phantom gets enough satellited to get a good position fix but this is not at all related to anything you do with the compass.
Ok thank you:)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl