Unstable flight

I always imagined everyone would keep a spare set of props?

The spare set has already been used. I broke three one day I had my back turned when I went to take off in my yard and wasn't thinking about the branch that hangs over my driveway. Then I broke two yesterday trying to tie my dogs rope to it but didn't have it balanced as good as I thought I did and it ended bad lol no worries I have more on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I won't ask why you were trying to tie the dog's rope to it!!! I guess you're hopefully joking??

The spare set has already been used. I broke three one day I had my back turned when I went to take off in my yard and wasn't thinking about the branch that hangs over my driveway. Then I broke two yesterday trying to tie my dogs rope to it but didn't have it balanced as good as I thought I did and it ended bad lol no worries I have more on the way.

The places people are taking this hobby... Nice way to ruin it for everyone, strapping dogs to drones... Wow.

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using PhantomPilots mobile app

6af2c2e15dbfd9b7795b3874d4aae8c5.jpg

I won't ask why you were trying to tie the dog's rope to it!!! I guess you're hopefully joking??

No like tie his chew toy to it, and just circle it around at a height he can't get... he will chase it the entire time it's flying. Don't hate

Seriously. Props are $12 for a set of four. Don't risk losing your Phantom 3 because you're too cheap to replace the props.

Do you still have the set of 4 spares that came with the A/C? Use one of them. Double check the other three used ones as well incase there are any hair line cracks or chips out of them.

Do you still have the set of 4 spares that came with the A/C? Use one of them. Double check the other three used ones as well incase there are any hair line cracks or chips out of them.

I didn't read the second page before replying. You've ordered mor, good. Still worth checking the other three and if in doubt replace.

Im sorry to have to interject but tying your dog to your drone is all sorts of stupid. Im not sure you should be in charge of either a dog or a drone. Hopefully you are messing around as the idea is funny but f ing stupid

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: PageSide
Guys where did I ever say I tied my dog to the drone [emoji23] I said my dogs rope, ya know like his chew too. That way he can chase it around the yard ya know. Cmon now hahah

c7bf9ef8f7d7b67ac0e4697b0ce2d8b1.jpg

So I ordered these and I gotta say they are awful... normally when I'm accelerating forward if I pull back on throttle it just stops and starts going backwards... with these it flips the drone upside down and sends it plummeting

c7bf9ef8f7d7b67ac0e4697b0ce2d8b1.jpg

So I ordered these and I gotta say they are awful... normally when I'm accelerating forward if I pull back on throttle it just stops and starts going backwards... with these it flips the drone upside down and sends it plummeting

Odd, very odd. Do these have a different pitch than the DJI props, or larger area? Might want to do a side by side comparison any time you change props from what came on the AC. Being a collective pitch RC helicopter pilot, I know just a little change in pitch or throttle changes the handling a lot. Sounds like what happened to you. Or practice flying near ground and get used to the feel before cutting the grass with an inverted Phantom, so to speak.

Odd, very odd. Do these have a different pitch than the DJI props, or larger area? Might want to do a side by side comparison any time you change props from what came on the AC. Being a collective pitch RC helicopter pilot, I know just a little change in pitch or throttle changes the handling a lot. Sounds like what happened to you. Or practice flying near ground and get used to the feel before cutting the grass with an inverted Phantom, so to speak.

The only difference to me seems to be the red ones are a little lighter and different material. Did a side by side and they were same size. They do okay except when making quick directional moves that's when it goes inverted. Happened 5/6 times I tested theory. Only reason I prevented it the one time was due to fact I quickly jolt forward as it was attempting to back flip

Are those DJI props or third party?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka