UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

Avanti1963 said:
Does a faster speed setting give you longer flight time and distance compared to a slower speed setting? I am thinking a slower speed setting would not use as much battery power, which would allow you to fly for a longer period of time and distance. Thanks
yes to have an increased distance covered, you need the fastest speed

ilovecoffee said:
Hi all,

Sorry I'm abroad at the moment in Dubai. Didn't bring the Phantom with me :p

Altitude based off of current ground location would not be possible under the current app. Well I'm sure it's possible, just not with my limited expertise. My thought would be that you'd simply add or subtract the difference to every way point based on its altitude when planning in Google maps.

And Avanti, most of the battery is used to hover. If you think about it, when moving in a direction two rotors speed up, but two also slow down. You'll cover much more distance if you can travel as fast as possible.

ilovecoffee,

Thanks again for your input. I have to ask you another question. What is the highest speed we can set the "high" speed to in v11 since it allows us to? By default, I see it is at 20m/s. Is there any downside in increasing it? Thanks

^ the technical maximum is 15 m/s in GPS mode which is what ground station uses. It's only a speed limit, not anything else. Since the Phantom's firmware prevents it from going faster than 15m/s putting 900 won't make a difference. But I put 20 in case the Phantom actually slows down when being pushed faster by tail winds. Don't know if it will make a difference.

It would be nice to have a button on the screen with the video to switch in and out of fpv mode. I couldn't find if this had been mentioned before

rstekeur said:
It would be nice to have a button on the screen with the video to switch in and out of fpv mode. I couldn't find if this had been mentioned before

Sure that sounds easy enough. Will add that to the to do list.

[/quote]I have found that on a non-windy day, you can do a 25,000 foot flight easily, round trip. And I lover that number to 20,000 feet during winter and windy days.[/quote]

So i am assuming you get these ranges on the stock equipment but lose wifi and still the v+ continues on its merry way because it is programmed in the groundstation that is provided in the dji vision plus app?

Hi,

First off all, thanks for the app, it's great!!

I have a small question. When I choose "fast" in waypoint mode, my phantom does only 8-9m/s, can you tell me why? Do I have to unlock something in the app or the computer software?

Regards / Robin

Avanti1963 said:
Does a faster speed setting give you longer flight time and distance compared to a slower speed setting? I am thinking a slower speed setting would not use as much battery power, which would allow you to fly for a longer period of time and distance. Thanks
It is obvious that faster speed setting give you longer flight distance and shorter flight time.

I have found that on a non-windy day, you can do a 25,000 foot flight easily, round trip. And I lover that number to 20,000 feet during winter and windy days.[/quote]

So i am assuming you get these ranges on the stock equipment but lose wifi and still the v+ continues on its merry way because it is programmed in the groundstation that is provided in the dji vision plus app?[/quote]

Correct
ziphen said:
Hi,

I have a small question. When I choose "fast" in waypoint mode, my phantom does only 8-9m/s, can you tell me why? Do I have to unlock something in the app or the computer software?

Regards / Robin

Are you heading against wind? It takes a little bit for the Phantom to pick up full speed.

eyecon82 said:
Are you heading against wind? It takes a little bit for the Phantom to pick up full speed.

It wasn't to much wind today, no.
Is it possible to see the speed it has reached after the flight is finished?

First, thanks for the app mods!
I've been using the DJI app with ground station for a little while now and everything has worked very well. I wanted to be able to get more distance on my waypoints so I uninstalled the DJI app and installed the modified app V11. I went into settings and set all my defaults.

I was able to go into Ground Station and set up 3 waypoints and simulated the flight without my props. I cancelled the mission and went back into the camera mode. I tried to go back into Ground station and the ground station windows opens for just a second or two, then goes back into the camera portion by itself. I have a picture but no telemetry. If I go back to the main menu, go into the camera portion again, I have picture and telemetry, until I try ground station again, then it all repeats.

I tried a cold reboot with the same exact experience.
I'm using a 16gb Nexus 7 2013 with 4.4.4 installed.

Why did ground station work fine the very first time then not again? DJI ground station still works perfect?
I understand there are fairly minor changes between DJI and this app but something is causing some weird behavior.

Richard

Feature request: add setting in ground station that says which direction drone will face between 2 waypoints.. Thanks for the great app

rwskinner said:
I've been using the DJI app with ground station for a little while now and everything has worked very well. I wanted to be able to get more distance on my waypoints so I uninstalled the DJI app and installed the modified app V11. I went into settings and set all my defaults.

I was able to go into Ground Station and set up 3 waypoints and simulated the flight without my props. I cancelled the mission and went back into the camera mode. I tried to go back into Ground station and the ground station windows opens for just a second or two, then goes back into the camera portion by itself. I have a picture but no telemetry. If I go back to the main menu, go into the camera portion again, I have picture and telemetry, until I try ground station again, then it all repeats.

Why did ground station work fine the very first time then not again? DJI ground station still works perfect?
I understand there are fairly minor changes between DJI and this app but something is causing some weird behavior.

Richard

I've heard isolated issues from what you describe throughout this thread and they have generally been linked to cheap Chinese tablets. So I'm surprised this is happening with the Nexus 7. I'm not running the latest firmware on either of my nexus 7s (I have both the old and the new) and they seem to work fine.

When it jumps back to the camera it's sort of a software crash in one of the components used by the ground station. Check location services are turned on, and open Google maps to locate your position. Also make sure my "use phone as home point" setting is also unchecked.

ziphen said:
Hi,

Regards / Robin

I guarantee it's the wind, it may not have been apparent at ground level, but I've had numerous flights reduced to that when heading directly into wind. Good to have your finger on S1 to cancel a long range flight if you see it's heading off too slowly.

Nothing to unlock.

codylv said:
Feature request: add setting in ground station that says which direction drone will face between 2 waypoints.. Thanks for the great app

As in compass direction info? Or have the phantom face one direction? The former would be tough for me to do but I'm sure it's possible. The latter is impossible at this time due to firmware limitations (see first post)

I had the same problem with my Nexus. I just uninstalled the app and installed it again and now its working with no problems!
//Gunnar

yali said:
Avanti1963 said:
It is obvious that faster speed setting give you longer flight distance and shorter flight time.

Every means of propulsion has it's most efficient range of operation.
Faster speed does not obviously give you longer distance.
It's a delicate dance of efficiency, available energy, ans environmental conditions.

I just did the same think and it's back to working for now. Nasty weather right now so I can do any flying.

Richard

>I had the same problem with my Nexus. I just uninstalled the app and installed it again and now its working with no problems!
>//Gunnar

This has happed a few times, if so just unistall and install again :)
Gunnar

ilovecoffee said:
rwskinner said:

Richard

I've heard isolated issues from what you describe throughout this thread and they have generally been linked to cheap Chinese tablets. So I'm surprised this is happening with the Nexus 7. I'm not running the latest firmware on either of my nexus 7s (I have both the old and the new) and they seem to work fine.

When it jumps back to the camera it's sort of a software crash in one of the components used by the ground station. Check location services are turned on, and open Google maps to locate your position. Also make sure my "use phone as home point" setting is also unchecked.

ziphen said:
Hi,

Regards / Robin

I guarantee it's the wind, it may not have been apparent at ground level, but I've had numerous flights reduced to that when heading directly into wind. Good to have your finger on S1 to cancel a long range flight if you see it's heading off too slowly.

Nothing to unlock.

codylv said:

As in compass direction info? Or have the phantom face one direction? The former would be tough for me to do but I'm sure it's possible. The latter is impossible at this time due to firmware limitations (see first post)
Compass direction, i.e. face north from point 1 to 2 and South from point 2 to 3 so you get the camera shots you want. Thanks for considering ilovecoffee!

Cody. I know there is a lot of information in this thread, but this has been covered and it is not possible to tell the Phantom which way to face while flying.

Bear501 said:
Cody. I know there is a lot of information in this thread, but this has been covered and it is not possible to tell the Phantom which way to face while flying.
Ok, must of missed it. Thanks for the info

Hello
Does this work with the latest main phantom firmware?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka