UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

I use this modified app and although this may be a problem with the DJI app itself, I'm having horrible FPV problems again, frozen-green screen. I normally set mine to 640x480 15fps and ever since this last update it has been an issue like several updates back when it was a big DJI issue? I'm having to downgrade to preview quality 320x240 15fps and it sucks!! I'm also noticing once again when I take dng photos camera screen not refreshing (goes black and preview doesn't return). To reset unfortunately exiting the app doesn't fix, you have to land Vision+ and reboot it! I'm using Android 4.4.4 on Samsung GS5. Anybody else noticing this?

hi

can some one please tell me that the ranges you are all getting, is this with the stock dji equipment?

robb01 said:
codylv said:
Yeah just re-read the instructions and saw that, installed perfectly.

Thanks!

Can you confirm this is working on your Moto X running lollipop? I don't want to upgrade my X w/ lollipop quite yet as I've heard numerous reports of the DJI app not working correctly with lollipop
No go on the lollipop, it wouldn't recognize the Phantom wifi was connected. Probably needs a change in the way it reads it from os

clayton4115 said:
hi

can some one please tell me that the ranges you are all getting, is this with the stock dji equipment?
I have found that on a non-windy day, you can do a 25,000 foot flight easily, round trip. And I lover that number to 20,000 feet during winter and windy days.

eyecon82 said:
clayton4115 said:
hi

I have found that on a non-windy day, you can do a 25,000 foot flight easily, round trip. And I lover that number to 20,000 feet during winter and windy days.

At what speed????

GSSP said:
eyecon82 said:
clayton4115 said:
hi

At what speed????

The fastest speed

eyecon82 said:
clayton said:
eyecon82 said:

At what speed????

The fastest speed

I agree with these distances as well to be on safe side. I have pushed mine to just over 32,000 and got it back, but I won't do it again.

Mistake of the day... after downloading v11 (thank you coffee), and having a week of bad weather, I was playing with the app, and set my default waypoints to 60 seconds. After a week, the weather broke so I took it to a police training site to set a long Gps mission... set at 280ft height, I set it out for 10 waypoints....with a total of 4 miles... being about 60 feet below ground surface, surrounded by rock caverns, i knew i wont have connection for very long,.... after liftoff I saw this uav hover over me for what seemed to be forever, questioning what is going on, id better bring it down... then of course my wife calls my cell at the perfect moment it takes off to the next point..... Being deep in a rock quarry, i lost connection very quickly, and of course, thats when i realized..... DID I CHANGE THOSE WAYPOINT SETTINGS???? NOPE.... 10 waypoints 60 sec each, plus a 4 mile flight????? ****.... closed off to the public, I figured, when it goes do, at least no one else would find it.... Jumping in my truck, I had 10 minutes to off road it through the trails to get a connection....NOPE, When I returned, I started planning my search, when all of a sudden, my low battery alarm was going off advising, not enough power to make it home, I looked to the horizin, and there it was, coming home.... it came down, and landed in a bush.... the thing I have to share, besides my heart attack story, is, when I checked the settings after the flight, it had 60 sec waypoint, but when I checked the rest, the low battery return home WAS NOT selected.... any ideas on how DOROTHY came home.

The return to home on low battery in the desktop assistant worked

GSSP said:
The return to home on low battery in the desktop assistant worked

Thanks.... I did not check desktop.... do you know in this type of scenario, if... I can once again gain control... she barely made it over a tall tree.... I was in naza, but course, home, and atti, had no response...

flipping S1 (right side) switch down then up will give you back control

RCF - DRONE said:
Mistake of the day... after downloading v11 (thank you coffee), and having a week of bad weather, I was playing with the app, and set my default waypoints to 60 seconds. After a week, the weather broke so I took it to a police training site to set a long Gps mission... set at 280ft height, I set it out for 10 waypoints....with a total of 4 miles... being about 60 feet below ground surface, surrounded by rock caverns, i knew i wont have connection for very long,.... after liftoff I saw this uav hover over me for what seemed to be forever, questioning what is going on, id better bring it down... then of course my wife calls my cell at the perfect moment it takes off to the next point..... Being deep in a rock quarry, i lost connection very quickly, and of course, thats when i realized..... DID I CHANGE THOSE WAYPOINT SETTINGS???? NOPE.... 10 waypoints 60 sec each, plus a 4 mile flight????? ****.... closed off to the public, I figured, when it goes do, at least no one else would find it.... Jumping in my truck, I had 10 minutes to off road it through the trails to get a connection....NOPE, When I returned, I started planning my search, when all of a sudden, my low battery alarm was going off advising, not enough power to make it home, I looked to the horizin, and there it was, coming home.... it came down, and landed in a bush.... the thing I have to share, besides my heart attack story, is, when I checked the settings after the flight, it had 60 sec waypoint, but when I checked the rest, the low battery return home WAS NOT selected.... any ideas on how DOROTHY came home.
yikes. Sounds similar to my story where my s1 switch is broken and stopped a mission halfway without me even knowing. Next thing I know, Phantom is coming back at me in RTH low battery mode and I literally caught it out of the air with like 2 percent battery

Will test that, coulda swore I did, but maybe in the fog and fesr of disaster....who knows... thank you.

Can the vision app be modified to use a constant altitude over land, instead of the altitude just being based on the home point? Changing topography on a long flight make it difficult to use a constant altitude based on the home point, unless you fly very high to compensate. Altitude would work much better if it were based on the point the quad is at, as it is flying. I have already posted this question once but with very little response. I think this would be a worthwhile endeavour to try and include this function in the app.

efloyd said:
Can the vision app be modified to use a constant altitude over land, instead of the altitude just being based on the home point? Changing topography on a long flight make it difficult to use a constant altitude based on the home point, unless you fly very high to compensate. Altitude would work much better if it were based on the point the quad is at, as it is flying. I have already posted this question once but with very little response. I think this would be a worthwhile endeavour to try and include this function in the app.
This request doesn't sound achievable because it needs elevation data or needs a sensor to tell the altitude above the ground. One way around this is to make multi-flight with the same waypoints starting from safe altitude, then each time carefully lowering each way point's altitude separately based on the video of the last mission. Eventually you will get what you want at optimal altitude !

eyecon82 said:
GSSP said:
clayton4115 said:
hi

The fastest speed

My Experience is 32000 feet with wind less than 8 miles per hour and good/healthy battery is safe. It may be able to do a few thousand feet more if no wind. Wind is a key in the range from my experience. All on 15 m/s speed settings

I've done 25,000' flight with lots of altitude changes and returned home with about 30-40% battery life remaining on a little to no wind day.

Does a faster speed setting give you longer flight time and distance compared to a slower speed setting? I am thinking a slower speed setting would not use as much battery power, which would allow you to fly for a longer period of time and distance. Thanks

Hi all,

Sorry I'm abroad at the moment in Dubai. Didn't bring the Phantom with me :p

Altitude based off of current ground location would not be possible under the current app. Well I'm sure it's possible, just not with my limited expertise. My thought would be that you'd simply add or subtract the difference to every way point based on its altitude when planning in Google maps.

And Avanti, most of the battery is used to hover. If you think about it, when moving in a direction two rotors speed up, but two also slow down. You'll cover much more distance if you can travel as fast as possible.

RCF - DRONE said:

You are far braver (or more foolish ;-) ) than me, my friend.
I can imagine the carnage if those surrounding rock walls dropped you to 1 or 2 sats during the mission. Ouch.

Oh, and mine's called "Bill Bailey" ;-)

"Well I Know That I'm To Blame
And Ain't That A Shame
Bill Baily Won't You Please Come Home."

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor