UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

Ah, the problem was downloading it through Tapatalk

Bear501 said:
Cooter3690 said:
So now that we can fly out as far as the battery will take us, what's the farthest anyone has flown their phantom? The other day I plotted a 4 mile round trip flight and got it back with 32% battery remaining. It was a bit scary being out of contact with it for almost 10 long minutes but my baby returned. Anyone beat that yet?

I did a flight last month that was about 7 miles just under it. I can't remember the exact feet, but when I redraw it on Google Earth it shows up as 6.7 miles. As soon as it got back though it went straight into autoland no hesitation. That was cutting it really close. It was my fault though I got my numbers mixed up when I planned the flight. Did not mean to go that far. Just got lucky and it made it back.

I did this last Friday, pretty scary: http://youtu.be/CPpdfZPRKO8

Anon-e-mouse said:
kenargo said:
If the application pulled more data when it synced the maps it would be possible. The Google map API allows for retrieval of elevation information and from there one would only need to add calculations, relative to home coordinates (for example) and then add/subtract as appropriate for each way point. I cannot comment on how easy or difficult it would be to implement as I am unfamiliar with the source code but it would be possible.

My guess is this would be rather difficult to code in. However this would be epic, I often fly long distance in a hilly area and sometimes at certain waypoints I wish to fly low to take close up shots but not knowing the exact elevation difference I keep it high, better safe than sorry.

You can fly multi missions on the same route and each time you can lower certain amount to approach the ideal height. That way, you can get what you want safely without having to know the elevation data !

I downloaded the new verison 11... had 10 before..
I can't seem to set the RTH altitude.. I type in 50 and it says failed... tried a bunch of diff numbers between 20-200m as it says.. but nothing works.. I could set it in version 10.. perhaps a user error..

Also when you goto "when connection breaks"and change it to "start recording' it goes back to the default "stay idle" setting.

Can you guys try that out and see if RTH works for you ? as I said it did in .10

*edit* did some testing and if you set a number above the limits 20-200.. so if I set 201 meters it shows the warning.. but if you accept it says failed anyways... Any way to change it back so I can do like 30 or 50 like I could in previous version please. I am running a Samsung S5..
How do I get version 10 again ??

justin00 said:
I downloaded the new verison 11... had 10 before..
I can't seem to set the RTH altitude.. I type in 50 and it says failed... tried a bunch of diff numbers between 20-200m as it says.. but nothing works.. I could set it in version 10.. perhaps a user error..

Also when you goto "when connection breaks"and change it to "start recording' it goes back to the default "stay idle" setting.

Can you guys try that out and see if RTH works for you ? as I said it did in .10

*edit* did some testing and if you set a number above the limits 20-200.. so if I set 201 meters it shows the warning.. but if you accept it says failed anyways... Any way to change it back so I can do like 30 or 50 like I could in previous version please.

User error :p

You have to be actively connected to the Phantom to apply those settings :D

Lol thanks... I was seriousy about to delete my post cause I was playing around and noticed camera setting dont work.. and it dawned on me I need to be connected.

Thanks again!

yali said:
Bear501 said:

yali, that was awesome! I would have been afraid to do that mission. How far was it overall, and how long? Since you increased the speed of the video, I take it the mission was longer then 8 something minutes?

yali said:
Bear501 said:
Cooter3690 said:
So now that we can fly out as far as the battery will take us, what's the farthest anyone has flown their phantom? The other day I plotted a 4 mile round trip flight and got it back with 32% battery remaining. It was a bit scary being out of contact with it for almost 10 long minutes but my baby returned. Anyone beat that yet?

I did a flight last month that was about 7 miles just under it. I can't remember the exact feet, but when I redraw it on Google Earth it shows up as 6.7 miles. As soon as it got back though it went straight into autoland no hesitation. That was cutting it really close. It was my fault though I got my numbers mixed up when I planned the flight. Did not mean to go that far. Just got lucky and it made it back.

The video was edited into different sections...Was this all one flight or multiple flights stitched together? If it was one flight, what was the start/end battery percentages...how long time/distance was the flight? How did you perform the elevation changes at certain points? Were they close waypoints with smoothing on?? Can you help us all here so that we could get a feel for what you did? You disabled the comments on your YouTube video.

BTW any chance you can help me with the modifed version where you change port 2001 and 2002 etc etc to something else please ??
I have decompiled the DJI App and I can see which files you need to modify.. I can give you that info to speed things up if thats possible ?

Reason I'm after this is i think I've gotten a way to allow multiple connections to the DJI App .. but I will need the app modified..

For example, the file \com.dji.vision\java_output\dji\midware\tcp\rc\RcCtr it to connect on port 2001 on 192.168.1.1

private static String IP_ADDR = "192.168.1.2";
private static int PORT = 2001;

Would need that modified so I could enter in the port in the app, or for testing if you could just change it to something else ?? then I can test if it works atleast.
However there are multiple files referancing 2001 so it needs to be in a few spots.. and ofcourse there are multiple ports..

Thanks again :)

I want to do a long 3-4 mile flight, can I set it up on my samsung s4, hit go, then drop wifi off s4 and connect my current ipad mini wifi and continue flight? Simply so I can control camera and see screen better....

Hello ilovecoffee,

I really like the new hold time at waypoints! I just wanted to report that the latest version still crashes with the quick release :( If you want me to test anything with the quick release to help resolve the problem, let me know.

I am unable to get this installed on my Moto X running Lollipop 5.0 or an old S4 running KitKat 4.4.2, any ideas? I would really love to try this app.

Thanks,
Cody-

I had to uninstall DJI APP first

Yeah just re-read the instructions and saw that, installed perfectly.

Thanks!

I really like the new hold time at waypoints! I just wanted to report that the latest version still crashes with the quick release :( If you want me to test anything with the quick release to help resolve the problem, let me know.

What is "Quick Release"? Thanks

Avanti1963 said:
What is "Quick Release"? Thanks

Quick release is a device made by dronexperts.nl which allows you to use different gimbals and cameras on the Vision+.

codylv said:

Thanks!

Can you confirm this is working on your Moto X running lollipop? I don't want to upgrade my X w/ lollipop quite yet as I've heard numerous reports of the DJI app not working correctly with lollipop

jamiebd77 said:
yali said:
Bear501 said:

The video was edited into different sections...Was this all one flight or multiple flights stitched together? If it was one flight, what was the start/end battery percentages...how long time/distance was the flight? How did you perform the elevation changes at certain points? Were they close waypoints with smoothing on?? Can you help us all here so that we could get a feel for what you did? You disabled the comments on your YouTube video.

Sorry for the late reply. I was traveling during last a few days.

Actually it was 2 missions stitched together. The taking off home point was from under the bridge. The one over downtown was like 7600 meters round trip and the yahoo weather says the wind was 18 miles an hour west. I was a little afraid to do it and did it anyway. The whole mission took about 13 minutes that was pretty scary and when it returned under my control, the battery was about 21 % and it was so high (350 meters) that it took me 2 minutes to get it down and when it was close to ground the video was automatically cut because of the low battery. It could have dropped to the river if the battery was not as good at the end.
When I review the video, I was a little scared. It took 10 minutes to finish the first half trip because of the wind and 3 minutes back. The height was set to 150 meters for the first half of the mission and changed to 350 meters on its way back through skyscrappers. I did a google search before the mission and learned that the highest building at Philadelphia downtown was about 300 meters high. So I thought 350 meters should be a pretty safe height. Another mission was from under the bridge towards the New Jersey and that one was about 8300 meters and the battery was about 39 when it came back. You can always change the height at any waypoint. I did not do anything special, just speed it up if it was too slow and boring. Hope it help.

robb01 said:
codylv said:

Thanks!

Can you confirm this is working on your Moto X running lollipop? I don't want to upgrade my X w/ lollipop quite yet as I've heard numerous reports of the DJI app not working correctly with lollipop

Installed fine on Moto X with Lollipop, will do a test flight when my battery is charged and let you know how it goes...

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT