UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

FYI.. I use a Galaxy Pro and have had no issues, so you should be fine.

I have noticed the crash thing in my tab S 8.4. It happen if using phone as home point, otherwise no.

phantomi said:
I have noticed the crash thing in my tab S 8.4. It happen if using phone as home point, otherwise no.

Probably has to do something with your device's location service then. Does the Tab S have GPS? Or the ability to locate itself in Google Maps? Either way looks like the app doesn't like what it gets when it polls your device for its location.

ilovecoffee said:
phantomi said:

Probably has to do something with your device's location service then. Does the Tab S have GPS? Or the ability to locate itself in Google Maps? Either way looks like the app doesn't like what it gets when it polls your device for its location.
Saw that location service was off. After turning it on app don't crashes. Working good. Thanks!

I have a question about using IOC home lock in static and dynamic home point

if the home point is static, will home lock always use that Initial take off point as the target?

What if dynamic home point is on?

Confused. Thanks.

Hi

Is there a way of changing the app so that we can adjust the Yaw speed? I rarely need to spin the bird fast when I fly so it is pointless for me that it spins so quick. If I could slow the max Yaw rate by say 3/4 it would mean that doing pans would be much easier to attain without any of the jerkiness that comes with quick pans.

srchadwi said:
Hi

Is there a way of changing the app so that we can adjust the Yaw speed? I rarely need to spin the bird fast when I fly so it is pointless for me that it spins so quick. If I could slow the max Yaw rate by say 3/4 it would mean that doing pans would be much easier to attain without any of the jerkiness that comes with quick pans.

Yaw doesn't go thru the app... that's a direct control from the TX to the phantom itself... nothing in the app would address Yaw speed.

Hi

Had a bit of a nerve racking moment yesterday. I was quite happily flying a fair distance away when I decided to bring the bird back using homelock. After a while I lost signal. Turns out that the number of satellites had fallen below 6 and I hadn't noticed. As the phantom was pointing towards me when I decided to use homelock it actually started moving away from me rather than towards me hence why I lost signal. Luckily the signal came back and I was able to bring her back.

Would it be possible to have an audible alarm when the number of satellites falls below the required amount for GPS mode? The App causes the satellite symbol to change colour so couldn't this be used as a trigger for the sound to be made (maybe when it both looses signal and regains signal). To make it easy the noise that is used could be the same as the one that occurs when the battery goes low, unless of course it is easy to make it do another noise.

Cheers

srchadwi said:
Hi

Had a bit of a nerve racking moment yesterday. I was quite happily flying a fair distance away when I decided to bring the bird back using homelock. After a while I lost signal. Turns out that the number of satellites had fallen below 6 and I hadn't noticed. As the phantom was pointing towards me when I decided to use homelock it actually started moving away from me rather than towards me hence why I lost signal. Luckily the signal came back and I was able to bring her back.

Would it be possible to have an audible alarm when the number of satellites falls below the required amount for GPS mode? The App causes the satellite symbol to change colour so couldn't this be used as a trigger for the sound to be made (maybe when it both looses signal and regains signal). To make it easy the noise that is used could be the same as the one that occurs when the battery goes low, unless of course it is easy to make it do another noise.

Cheers

I've looked into it previously as it was a request before. I wish it were that easy. But it seems a great deal more complicated to do, at least for what I have time for. Generally I fly always looking at the screen rather than the Phantom, this has prevented that situation from happening to me (although TBH I don't think I've lost satellites when it's up in the air).

I think it's living in New Zealand - maybe not many satellites pass over :)

Don't you ever loose them even when you're filming in valleys or between buildings?

Another thing. I have a Galaxy Note 8.0 which says it has an accelerometer (the screen rotates when you rotate the tablet). But the YAW attitude function doesn't work with it (I have it ticked). Is there a setting in tablets that you have to change in order for it to work?

cheers

srchadwi said:

Don't you ever loose them even when you're filming in valleys or between buildings?

Another thing. I have a Galaxy Note 8.0 which says it has an accelerometer (the screen rotates when you rotate the tablet). But the YAW attitude function doesn't work with it (I have it ticked). Is there a setting in tablets that you have to change in order for it to work?

cheers

I live in NZ and always get 8+ satellites when in the air. Check out this thread as it could be a solution for you:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19099&hilit=shield

You mentioned:

Need to get this working: Added Camera Direction control during Ground Station missions (ability to face Front, Left, Right and Back)

Have you been able to get this working?

Have you thought about also exposing the "speed between way points" to allow for travel to vary way point to way point?

kenargo said:
You mentioned:

Need to get this working: Added Camera Direction control during Ground Station missions (ability to face Front, Left, Right and Back)

Have you been able to get this working?

Have you thought about also exposing the "speed between way points" to allow for travel to vary way point to way point?

I've tried everything. I think right now it's a firmware limitation with the Phantom that's preventing it from flying facing a certain direction.

The speed thing is certainly doable. It is a pain for me to implement because I'd have to create new functions in several locations, but it would mirror the height function at each way point. But that and changing pause time at way points is on my to-do, when I get more free time to do it (my free time has been a little constrained lately!)

Being a developer myself I can appreciate the lack of free time. It is interesting that the position doesn't work; I see it in the SDK for the Phantom but perhaps it's for some future thing (or DJI has a way to turn it off based on the application ID; hard to tell.

Hmm, I can't reply to your PM for some reason; PM me a better address and I'll reply.

wharfbanger said:
srchadwi said:

cheers

I live in NZ and always get 8+ satellites when in the air. Check out this thread as it could be a solution for you:

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=19099&hilit=shield

Yes I've made all the mods and it improved things a bit. When I'm high up in the sky it is OK. But sometimes I'm filming footage in less that ideal conditions e.g. flying in a valley. In such places the number of satellites will obviously be reduced. My point was that it would be useful to have an audible sound to tell you that you were now in Atti mode (i.e. GPS signal lost) in order to take extra care of what the phantom is doing - especially if there is a little wind around (which has been basically the last 5 weeks for me).

New to the forum...I have a question...Is there anyway to fly a mission from one point to another without "returning to home"? I know this would require a wide open grassy area as an end-point landing area, but I feel this would give a really nice 7-8 mile one way flight.

jamiebd77 said:
New to the forum...I have a question...Is there anyway to fly a mission from one point to another without "returning to home"? I know this would require a wide open grassy area as an end-point landing area, but I feel this would give a really nice 7-8 mile one way flight.
all missions do not return to home by default.. you have to plot a point near home at the end of a mission if you want it to come home.. otherwise.. it'll sit "out there" until it autolands due to low battery :)

Jayson Hanes said:
jamiebd77 said:
all missions do not return to home by default.. you have to plot a point near home at the end of a mission if you want it to come home.. otherwise.. it'll sit "out there" until it autolands due to low battery :)

That is not correct; when you create a mission the app set the last way point at the home position; I just tested it to verify.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT