UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

Ilovecoffee i have tried you v3 version and it works with the vision plus with the quickrelease and gopro. I tried the V8 one you sent me and it does NOT work. I was wondering if i could get v4 through v7 and try them all. I know v8 v9 and v10 doesnt work. Thanks in advance

justnoneya72 said:
Ilovecoffee i have tried you v3 version and it works with the vision plus with the quickrelease and gopro. I tried the V8 one you sent me and it does NOT work. I was wondering if i could get v4 through v7 and try them all. I know v8 v9 and v10 doesnt work. Thanks in advance

Give me a chance to compare the changes between them. But for now I'll send you a PM with v7 ;)

Unofficial (AND OFFICIAL) Ground Station crashes Vision App on Android 5 (Lollipop)

I am using a Nexus 4 with Android 5 Lollipop.

I cannot use Ground Station in the Vision app if I am connected to the bird's wifi.

If I swipe while connected, the G.S. screen will open for a moment, then the app crashes and reopens to the main app screen.

If I disconnect from the bird's wifi, G.S. opens fine and my stored map comes up.

Has anyone else experienced this?

NOMADIXaerial said:
HI

Have seen this post up for awhile. About to switch over to this software. Was wondering if people using it have had any issues. The post hasn't been replied to in couple months. There has got to be more users out there that have tested and and give it major thumbs up. Any tricks or suggestions?

Thanks

Hasn't been replied to in a couple months? :eek: Are you serious?!! :shock:

I've been using ilovecoffee's app for awhile now. It works flawlessly, just like the official DJI app with added ground station functionality that I find very useful. If you are going to switch over, make sure you delete any previous DJI app and every time there is a new release of the unofficial app, delete the old one before updating. Get the link to the most recent unofficial app in the first post in this thread, which sees lots of replies.

Just tested with nexus 5 on lollipop and was only indoors so had no satellites at all but could swipe into GS and move around the cached map. Pitch dark here now but will test outdoors tomorrow and see if it still works once I have position lock.

is there a apple version?

I was keen to get this but i think i must have had issues downloading it as my connection keeps dropping out when using it .I uninstalled the app and tried the official one and it works fine .I did this just to make sure it was not my HTC MOne .
Kinda sick as i wanted the added benifits of the app for longer groundstation flights but not to be.

I love the app but have yet to send the thing out of control range. I've got 4 charged batteries and today may be the first and hopefully not the last time I watch her fly out of sight.

CapnBob said:
Unofficial (AND OFFICIAL) Ground Station crashes Vision App on Android 5 (Lollipop)

I am using a Nexus 4 with Android 5 Lollipop.

I cannot use Ground Station in the Vision app if I am connected to the bird's wifi.

If I swipe while connected, the G.S. screen will open for a moment, then the app crashes and reopens to the main app screen.

If I disconnect from the bird's wifi, G.S. opens fine and my stored map comes up.

Has anyone else experienced this?

I'm running Android 4.4.2 (KitKat) on a Poloroid Tablet (A7_PTAB735) I picked up thinking it would make a great ground station tablet. I can connect to the Phantom Vision 2+ and see the camera, but trying to swipe left to the map crashes - both Official version and this enhanced version. Is it a case of the tablet just not being able to process the app? I'm looking forward to rounded corner way-points!

Thanks,

Jay

Just finished a 1.3mile run with the app. She actually left my sight for the first time. I never did loose fpv and she got to 1800' away in the swamp. Next...is lower and further...first of many flights like this in our future...I think I found a new thrill :) I know she will do 9.5 miles manually in large loops...now to see how far she can go on autopilot. Thanks again ilovecoffee.

Great application upgrade ilovecoffee!

I would like to report a possible issue that might've been addressed before. ( Couldn't find it using search)

My low battery failsafe was enabled to auto return home.

When the quad came back home , I coudn't control it to land.

I can control my RTH engaged via S1 switch.

Equipment : Vision+v3 Nexus 7 tab.

Thank you ,

lsteigerwalt said:
Just finished a 1.3mile run with the app. She actually left my sight for the first time. I never did loose fpv and she got to 1800' away in the swamp. Next...is lower and further...first of many flights like this in our future...I think I found a new thrill :) I know she will do 9.5 miles manually in large loops...now to see how far she can go on autopilot. Thanks again ilovecoffee.

I have sent my on a seven mile trip before, but right when it made it back to me it went into autoland mode. So I guess I cut it really close and kinda scared me a little bit. This was also on a nice calm day and no real altitude changes either. Just to give you a point of reference.

hionbusa said:

I would like to report a possible issue that might've been addressed before. ( Couldn't find it using search)

Thank you ,

When a mission is complete, the Phantom will return to home and hover. To take control back, you must switch S1 down and back up to go into GPS mode and regain control of your craft.

Does this address your question?

PhilAnderson said:
hionbusa said:

Thank you ,

When a mission is complete, the Phantom will return to home and hover. To take control back, you must switch S1 down and back up to go into GPS mode and regain control of your craft.

Does this address your question?

I was flying in gps mode with no mission . When the battery hit the low level warning , the failsafe engaged into an auto- return home

At the final hover stage, I attempted to switch s1 back and forth and finally resorted to turning off the controller off and on . I couldn't regain control the copter.
My goal was to control the landing manually since I was near the ocean.
Luckily, it auto- landed safe and sound . As of now, low battery fail safe is disabled until i figure it out .

I can control landing manually (Gps mode) when RTH is engaged via S1 switch failsafe position...

saltire said:
I was keen to get this but i think i must have had issues downloading it as my connection keeps dropping out when using it .I uninstalled the app and tried the official one and it works fine .I did this just to make sure it was not my HTC MOne .
Kinda sick as i wanted the added benifits of the app for longer groundstation flights but not to be.

My first post as a new Phantom owner.. woop!!

I tried this app and had the same connection dropping problems as Saltire. Issues started when quad was only 30m away. The official app works fine up to 500m. One possible clue, I am also using a HTC One android the same as Saltire.

Sorry guys I have been missing in action, I guess winter hibernation mode has gotten to me a bit.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and for those who have donated to the coffee fund recently. ;)

I'll try to address more on Monday but there may be issues with Android lollipop at the moment because it runs in what's called ART runtime, but I'm fairly certain the app needs to run in Dalvik runtime which is used in KitKat and below.

If the app crashes when opening Ground Station on a cheapo tablet, check the Google Maps application is running properly and make sure ALL apps are up to date.

Again, I want to reiterate when people are mentioning other unrelated issues when using this app, it won't have anything to do with this app. There isn't anything special about the modifications I've made that would affect other parts of regular usage. For example, I've simply changed Max Distance or Max Height variables, or changed a colour setting for the satellite icon, or changed stay time = 0, instead of 3. They are very precise and specific modifications. Cheers!

Thanks @Ilovecoffee,
I have installed 10v on Nexus 7 with Android 4.4.4 and it works perfect most of the time.
Sometimes it does the strange thing as described earlier, when going into GS it goes back to the start window.
If I try 2 or 3 times suddenly it works ok. Not a big deal :D
I will wait until next week to update to lollipop.
Perfect job @Ilovecoffee it is only 22 days until it starts to change to more daylight :lol:

ilovecoffee said:
Again, I want to reiterate when people are mentioning other unrelated issues when using this app, it won't have anything to do with this app. There isn't anything special about the modifications I've made that would affect other parts of regular usage. For example, I've simply changed Max Distance or Max Height variables, or changed a colour setting for the satellite icon, or changed stay time = 0, instead of 3. They are very precise and specific modifications. Cheers!

My issue was a cheap-o tablet - with both DJI version and mod version.. I exchanged for a Samsung Galaxy Pro and the app is working better. Looking forward to some unleashed phantom flights!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT