UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

eddyys1971 said:
Good job you have done since the last two versions. For future updates on the UNOFFICIAL DJI Vision App for android, I would like to recommend the followings:
1. Flight log (GPS track with time, speed, distance, altitude, etc.) which can be used for Dashware
2. Flight screen recording with much more telemetry data on the screen
3. Favorite Waypoint or Favorite Track savable for future re-use
4. Freely-defined speed during the Ground Station mode (15m/s is still too slow)
5. Intelligent calculation based on available battery percentage left to automatically set to return home or other user-definable feature (like landing immediately etc)
6. Predefined ground station route shape (circle with adjustable radius, triangle, square, etc.) which can be freely moved on the map

Good luck and thanking you in advance...

I think most of these things are firmware limitations...? From what i can tell ilovecoffee is in it cuz it's fun, i'm not sure he can write this much stuff into the app. A lot has to do with what the copter is capable of with the current firmware version. Most of this stuff is available on the ipad/PC ground station kit.

when is v11 due out?? this has gone through versions quicker than windows :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Hi,

When flying waypoints, do you need to stay in range with your remote control or Wifi.
Or will the phantom fly the pattern autonomeous.

Lars

During a mission you might loose Controller and/or WiFi connection, depending how far you go and what antennas you have.
Don't worry if you loose contact. The P2V+ will continue and complete it's mission.
You might also get controller and wifi signals back when it comes closer to you.
Just remember - you can't take control back or activate RTH in GS when you loose the signals.

eddyys1971 said:
Good job you have done since the last two versions. For future updates on the UNOFFICIAL DJI Vision App for android, I would like to recommend the followings:
1. Flight log (GPS track with time, speed, distance, altitude, etc.) which can be used for Dashware
2. Flight screen recording with much more telemetry data on the screen
3. Favorite Waypoint or Favorite Track savable for future re-use
4. Freely-defined speed during the Ground Station mode (15m/s is still too slow)
5. Intelligent calculation based on available battery percentage left to automatically set to return home or other user-definable feature (like landing immediately etc)
6. Predefined ground station route shape (circle with adjustable radius, triangle, square, etc.) which can be freely moved on the map

Good luck and thanking you in advance...

1 & 2 can be done using the Vision + Utility Pro and Dashware if you really wanted
3...This would take me too much time to figure out
4. This is a limitation with GPS mode and the Phantom itself. You will notice in GPS mode you can't travel faster than 15m/s
5. At least it will land immediately if battery is too low. Again, no idea how to do this.
6. This is impossible under the current firmware/hardware. Naza can only handle waypoints and then the ability to travel directly facing towards them. Triangle, square I guess you could just "draw" yourself.

LOL I do have a day job (actually run a business) so as birdheezy said, I do this for fun :lol:

jmtw000 said:
If you take a look, it has been doubled from the original version.

Yes, I see that. And thank you for making that change. I was just hoping that it could be removed entirely. I wanted to get a shot over a small mountain but can't get up high enough manually without losing signal. So I thought I'd use your GS app with the distance limit removed. But it can only go up to 1312', which isn't quite high enough to see over the mountain :(

Fair enough. You could technically type in the default height value much higher and set a way point that way. I THINK it will work I haven't tested it (it will work in terms of placing way points but I have not hit GO so I don't know if it will throw an error message). You just can't "slide" the height slider if you set your height to 2000', otherwise it will immediately jump to 1312', the new max height.

I didn't make it so high for two reasons: a) safety and b) dragging the slider over a wider range in such a short space is much harder from a user interface perspective.

locoworks said:
when is v11 due out?? this has gone through versions quicker than windows :shock: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

LOL I know the version numbers are ridiculous I should just have called them 0.1, 0.2. I've been busy. I'm not sure what else I can do really. There hasn't been strong demand for any one feature. I'm hoping that DJI will release a new update with more features before the holidays to perhaps spur more sales, or there will be some neat third party app.

It drives me nuts that the Phantom can't fly facing a certain direction. I hope that this is a firmware update away.

Did you ever try to change the waypoint altitude settings so a negative number could be used? Some of us take off from higher elevations and want to get video close to the ground once the quad is out over areas where the elevations are much lower.

Hi Members of the "UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)" I have been following the progress of the development of the app and I cannot thank ilovecoffee enough for all his hard work and effort. In my past life I was a software developer and really appreciate the amount of work you have put into the app, keep up the Great work !!
:D
I need some advise and feedback from member of this group, my current setup I have the FLPVR stage one installed on the controller side and using a Acre 7" tablet with an HDMI output to hook up a set of FatShark Deliminator V2 goggles. I downloaded the latest version and have experience the app dropping back to the home screen and/or receiving the "connection broke" message that the app has lost connection. :eek: Interesting enough I tried the app on my Razor LG cell phone and it works without an issue. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? :?: Would like to hear what Android device members are using with this app and does your device have an HDMI output?

Jstic said:
Did you ever try to change the waypoint altitude settings so a negative number could be used? Some of us take off from higher elevations and want to get video close to the ground once the quad is out over areas where the elevations are much lower.

I couldn't quite figure that out. I did look into it. It seems like the slider bar that Android uses does not allow it sliding into the negative range without some creative coding around it. Adjusting the maximum is fairly easy but it seems to be locked in at 0 for whatever stupid reason. Unfortunately I don't think the default way point height setting will accept negative numbers either, cause that would have been my workaround, you could at least have one negative height set for any way points you don't change.

td119 said:
Hi Members of the "UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)" I have been following the progress of the development of the app and I cannot thank ilovecoffee enough for all his hard work and effort. In my past life I was a software developer and really appreciate the amount of work you have put into the app, keep up the Great work !!
:D
I need some advise and feedback from member of this group, my current setup I have the FLPVR stage one installed on the controller side and using a Acre 7" tablet with an HDMI output to hook up a set of FatShark Deliminator V2 goggles. I downloaded the latest version and have experience the app dropping back to the home screen and/or receiving the "connection broke" message that the app has lost connection. :eek: Interesting enough I tried the app on my Razor LG cell phone and it works without an issue. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? :?: Would like to hear what Android device members are using with this app and does your device have an HDMI output?

Is the original app working?

Good question!! I have not has the opportunity to download the original DJI app. Will give it a try tonight or sometime over the weekend. Are you aware of any one else having this kind of issue?

td119 said:
Good question!! I have not has the opportunity to download the original DJI app. Will give it a try tonight or sometime over the weekend. Are you aware of any one else having this kind of issue?

I've heard of isolated issues...Can never figure out quite why...

eddyys1971 said:
This is such a brilliant idea to film your own car "speeding" and "being chased" with this wonderful unofficial DJI Vision App....
id rather just have my buddy drive while sticking my head out of the sunroof piloting it.

I wonder what the cops would think about that?

td119 said:
original app has this problem too. Just read the Google play reviews

Hi t,
I suspect it is a setup issue in your Acer tablet since you are not having the problem with your LG phone. Check the wifi setup and make sure all the other Wifi connections you have are deleted or set to "forget". If the tablet has a 3g or 4g connection make sure it is off. Sometimes turning off the Wifi scanning will help too. I use the HDMI output of my cheapo tablet and Samsung S4 to Fatshark goggles and it works fine.
Cheers,
Jim
td119 said:

eddyys1971 said:
This is such a brilliant idea to film your own car "speeding" and "being chased" with this wonderful unofficial DJI Vision App....

LMAI if you actually thing i was speeding then i did a great job. Do you actually think a drone could keep up with a speed mustang gt. I was doing may 15 mph and i speeded up the video to make it look like i was speeding. Some people really amaze me at their knowledge level lol.

justnoneya72 said:
eddyys1971 said:

LMAI if you actually thing i was speeding then i did a great job. Do you actually think a drone could keep up with a speed mustang gt. I was doing may 15 mph and i speeded up the video to make it look like i was speeding. Some people really amaze me at their knowledge level lol.

Do you see his use of quotes on "speeding" and "being chased?" He was into your video just the way you intended. He knows you weren't speeding. Some people really amaze me at their rudeness level. :shock:

Does anyone know how I can combine the "fatshark attitude" with the new "phantom 2 vision + v3" ?! Are they combinable? Do you need to buy extra equipment to get the connection going? THANKS A LOT! Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Jesolins,

I will try what you suggested, turn off the other wifi connections.

Pierre Martin said:
Does anyone know how I can combine the "fatshark attitude" with the new "phantom 2 vision + v3" ?! Are they combinable? Do you need to buy extra equipment to get the connection going? THANKS A LOT! Any help is greatly appreciated!!

You need a tablet with an HDMI output which can be connected to a converter which converts the hdmi signal to a RCA/composite then you can connect the fatshark to the video output of the goggles. This is how I have hooked up the Vision+ to my ground station, I have a 9" monitor with up to 3 goggles connected.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT