UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc)

Nothing better then someone that exhibits dedication to their hard work. Much appreciated.

Shoot me now, or later, but I have not had a chance to install and use your app, yet. I have one question which is if you changed the way to add height number input? The last time I used the ground station default app, they had it as a slidebar. It is much better if numbers are added rather then guessing when it's time to stop type setup.

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

ilovecoffee said:
There may be a way to increase speed. But weather was bad today. Will check tomorrow. Does 8m/s sound about right for the "fast" setting?

Maybe I missed something but don't you already have it set to 15 m/s for the fastest speed?

Dirty Bird said:
ilovecoffee said:
There may be a way to increase speed. But weather was bad today. Will check tomorrow. Does 8m/s sound about right for the "fast" setting?

Maybe I missed something but don't you already have it set to 15 m/s for the fastest speed?

Well yeah... you quoted an anciently old post :lol: ... Lol all the speeds except slow have been increased since that.

ok so now that we have the 1.21 jiga-wattaged flux capacitor.. well.. fluxing.. can you please enable 88 mph speed so that I can go back in time and get rich betting off sporting events?

This coffee "guy" is pretty amazing :)

Too cool. Coffee you da man! :cool:

7.2 Mile GS Flight - v8 with 3.0 Vision+ Firmware
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wcB1Prukyw[/youtube]

Great app!

Idea - it will be great to have an option to set interval photo shooting not only every 30 seconds as it can be done in official app.
I want to shoot more frequently while drone flying 4 kilometer away by way points with you app :)

The app may be unofficial but you're officially a rock star. Now help us BT-200 guys get that FPV image centred on our screens like it is when you press the arrow to hide the telemetry data, pretty please! :)

Thanks everyone for the kind words :D

Next on my list I'm going to test out a couple things:

1) Decrease the time between taking photos (I wonder if it's a hardware limitation or more of a safety thing to fit a broad spectrum of card speeds). Currently JPEG is 2.5s and RAW is 8.5s
2) Get rid of camera animation (wondering if video still gets disabled while taking a picture)
3) Take a picture while recording video (probably won't work but worth a shot)
4) Make the right bar in camera view mostly transparent so buttons and stats are more like a HUD- should work better for those with FPV goggles. I may have to adjust the video frame width to be wider to go "underneath" the right bar.
5) Decrease 30s timer on RAW/DNG timed pictures. This I think is ridiculous since in manual mode raw is already 8.5s

Dirty Bird said:

Risky, awesome long range flight. How many juice left in the lipo?

Dirty Bird said:

Cool video! However I'm curious about two things, on the forward flight to there, it seems like the phantom is under an left yaw angle like 10 degrees or so. One can notice that if you look at the factory chimney towers which are never at the center of the image, yet you are flying towards them!

And what's with that turn?! First it started turning(yawing) back to the left side to the correct return heading, then all of the sudden it decided to do a full 360 turn to the right to the same heading?!

Did I miss some features that ilovecoffee implemented, or does your phantom have a mind of its own?

Nathan Carter said:
Cool video! However I'm curious about two things, on the forward flight to there, it seems like the phantom is under an left yaw angle like 10 degrees or so. One can notice that if you look at the factory chimney towers which are never at the center of the image, yet you are flying towards them!

And what's with that turn?! First it started turning(yawing) back to the left side to the correct return heading, then all of the sudden it decided to do a full 360 turn to the right to the same heading?!

Did I miss some features that ilovecoffee implemented, or does your phantom have a mind of its own?

The yaw thing is a common issue with ground station flights. Sometimes it doesn't orient itself correctly and flies on a slight angle (or maybe the camera is not oriented properly).

As for the turning, this is because Dirty Bird was using the stop and go turn type, and sometimes the Phantom also does this in Ground Station flights as a way to correct its heading...sometimes has a mind of its own like that.

Dirty Bird said:

Wow. This setup is more sophisticated and far cheaper than the aviation systems of most 2nd and 3rd world countries that are still using 1960's era technology.

Nathan Carter said:

I just began using GS and it always flies yawed to the left. I recall reading others mentioning the yaw under GS also. First, I am running the older 3.0 Phantom firmware. That is, as I understand, before DJI made the compass magnetic deviation corrections. I understand that has been fixed in the newer firmware. When I fly manually, there is a very slight yaw left which I compensate for with the stick. It isn't as pronounced as when I do a GS mission.

LOL not sure about the crazy turns when it arrives at a waypoint? I notice it usually seems to initiate the turn, turns back, then turns again. Like it is hesitant. :D

ilovecoffee said:
What is bank and turn?

This will allow you to fly through way points. Traditionally the Phantom will slow down, stop, and then turn. However using this new method the Phantom will just breeze right through them. Keep in mind, it will therefore need a much wider radius for turning and it is fairly liberal with what it considers reaching a way point by up to 5 meters in my testing. So DO NOT plot a course where precision is key with Bank and Turn turned on.

Does anyone have looked better at the "bank and turn" function, in order to predict a bit better how the route will approximated between waypoints?

ilovecoffee said:
The yaw thing is a common issue with ground station flights. Sometimes it doesn't orient itself correctly and flies on a slight angle (or maybe the camera is not oriented properly).

As for the turning, this is because Dirty Bird was using the stop and go turn type, and sometimes the Phantom also does this in Ground Station flights as a way to correct its heading...sometimes has a mind of its own like that.

My camera is straight. Ummm...I will have to re-verify that after last evening's little episode! :?

If you only have a start point and and end point, does the bank setting get there and make a smooth circular turn? I noticed your video on the app shows if you have a lot of close together waypoints it cuts a lot of corners. I assume that isn't the case if the waypoints are distant?

Dirty Bird said:
My camera is straight. Ummm...I will have to re-verify that after last evening's little episode! :?

If you only have a start point and and end point, does the bank setting get there and make a smooth circular turn? I noticed your video on the app shows if you have a lot of close together waypoints it cuts a lot of corners. I assume that isn't the case if the waypoints are distant?

No nothing should be wrong with your camera, just sometimes the electronic gimbal is not always on center, but I think this is due to the Phantom itself not flying on a perfect straight line due to the compass.

Bank and turn will smooth a turn based on speed and direction/proximity to the next way point. But in this instance, the Phantom would come to a screeching halt mid air and turn around quickly to do the 180 degree turn-- like stop and go on steroids.

ilovecoffee said:
On a side note it looks like DJI left in some code that displays the current LED status of the craft next to the battery bar but has left it disabled. Time to enable..... :lol:

Anyone care to test this out and post up a screen shot of the LED indicators? Rainy today here.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart