UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

ilovecoffee said:
This is a network hardware limitation, the port for the camera can only be accessed by 1 device. Unfortunately nothing in the app will allow this to be changed.

Newer Android phones support Wi-Fi Direct and can connect to more than one Wi-Fi connection at once. But, that's something you can exploit with Miracast, so no changes to the app are necessary.

http://www.visionflyer.com/wirelessly-s ... rson-view/

-- Roger

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed and M

lustang89 said:
I just ordered two of those yesterday

Please let us know how those batteries work out for you. Been looking at those myself.

On saturday, I finally made up my mind to try the app. Kind of nervous. I know that any mistake in flight planing could cause a disaster. I drove around the rout that I planed to fly to make sure no high posts, no unnoticed elevation changes. then I went to a park and took a manual flight first to check the tallest obstacle around it by looking at the horizon to make sure nothing protrude above and remember the height from the telemetry data. Then I swapped out the used battery and put in a fully charged battery. I turned on the phantom and waited for sat fix and then started planning the flight route. That took about 3 minutes. I have to change the height for each waypoint, that's kind of suck if 30 meters default height is not what you want. And I finally hit the done button and check to make sure every waypoint have correct height. I then took a snap shot of the flight path just in case I lost it I know where to look for it. Then I went through a check list to make sure nothing was forgot, like having to remember to change speed to 15m/s, if I left it to 7, it may not have enough battery to complete the mission. Make sure the total distance is not greater beyond the Maximum value etc. when I were finally ready to hit go button, I did it. Boom!, I got a message saying that my flight path has gone through a restricted area, can't fly. I was really outrageous. After all these preparations, I can't do it. what a bummer. I then checked the map and found the airport was about 3 miles away and just have the park that I was at in the circle. Have to cancel the flight plan !. What I don't understand is that I can fly manually, but not with GS. The air port is so far that I never think that place is anywhere near airport. The US has a total of more than 20 thousand airports, this restriction is really too big. Wondering if it can be removed from the unofficial version.

^ I won't remove airport restrictions from the app. If a ground station flight goes into a forbidden area, the Phantom will RTH or do something funky that I've not tested because the restrictions are also built into the Phantom's firmware itself.

But you were 3 miles out from the nearest airport circle in your ground station flight? If so, seems a bit odd. What was your height setting? Did the "enlarged" circle touch the red airport circle? I'm wondering if that's the cause of the issue, but it shouldn't be.

Also DJI does not program all airports in its database, I think just the larger ones.

I did a 4.5km trip last night (~15,000 ft) using the bank and turn. Very nice! Did the trip in around 5 minutes and I still had basically half a tank of battery left.

Forts said:
I did a 4.5km trip last night (~15,000 ft) using the bank and turn. Very nice! Did the trip in around 5 minutes and I still had basically half a tank of battery left.

Half a tank of battery eh? ;)

Yup :) LEDs showed half a battery. The app showed 10 minutes I believe. My flight was a tad over 5 minutes and I had a few minutes of the Phantom just hovering while I fiddled around planning my route. I would be so nice if you could plan and store a route without the Phantom powered up... But I guess it's reasonable that it needs to know where the trip is starting from.

I'm having a problem with the app, which may have been covered somewhere in these 53 current thread pages but I'd prefer not to have to scroll through that many screens. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Android tablet and I am having no issue with the regular flying, just the GS. I do have GS activated. After establishing my home point, I can call up the map and insert all of the way stations that I need. When I tap "Done",the way-points then appear across the bottom of the screen (as well as on the map), but I can't seem to edit their altitude. No input window pops up when I tap a way-point either on the map or at the bottom of the screen. And I had uninstall the original app as instructed. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

MapMaker53 said:
I'm having a problem with the app, which may have been covered somewhere in these 53 current thread pages but I'd prefer not to have to scroll through that many screens. I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 Android tablet and I am having no issue with the regular flying, just the GS. I do have GS activated. After establishing my home point, I can call up the map and insert all of the way stations that I need. When I tap "Done",the way-points then appear across the bottom of the screen (as well as on the map), but I can't seem to edit their altitude. No input window pops up when I tap a way-point either on the map or at the bottom of the screen. And I had uninstall the original app as instructed. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

You set the heights on each waypoint as you set them before you hit the done button

Doooh! Thanks. I'll try that. Could have sworn I watched a video that showed setting them after "done" but before "go'.

ilovecoffee said:
^ I won't remove airport restrictions from the app. If a ground station flight goes into a forbidden area, the Phantom will RTH or do something funky that I've not tested because the restrictions are also built into the Phantom's firmware itself.

But you were 3 miles out from the nearest airport circle in your ground station flight? If so, seems a bit odd. What was your height setting? Did the "enlarged" circle touch the red airport circle? I'm wondering if that's the cause of the issue, but it shouldn't be.

Also DJI does not program all airports in its database, I think just the larger ones.
The height was about 120 meters

Dankguy123 said:
http://youtu.be/B8Ydo8q8NDc can someone please click on that link and tell me if my video plays for you thanks

Does not play for me, but I am using a tablet not PC.

Smb said:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=29796864&postcount=1061

Oh oh. Time to start all over lol.

I believe you can manually set your GPS on rooted devices so this might be a good alternative for setting new home point.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadabyanza24