UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed and M

Cheers, Coffee! You have done great things, and I thank you!

Please do not give up on turning the Vision camera in a specified direction. As we all know, this is critical to performing some amazing autonomous videos. I know you are battling with this issue, and I encourage you to keep at it. This appears to be a real challenge and overcoming it will be even sweeter in your Coffee Fund! Thanks again, Coffee.

Which V (V7, V5) version of your wonderful Modded App would match 1.0.52 or older of the DJI app?

I just got my Epson Moverio BT-200 Goggles and the first pieces of instructions from Prelaunch mentions not to use the latest version from m.dji.net/djivision.. but download from that site is 1.0.52 version number for the DJI app which is the latest.
How does your V versions match with the DJI versions? Like what version would V5 be equivalent to the DJI Version release?

Thanks!

Hi Coffee--- been following your development of the GS, you are doing a great job!!! Your efforts to improve the app has brought by interest back to the DJI platform. DJI is behind in the devleopment of the user software just take a look at what 3D Robtics has released with the Iris+

ttp://youtu.be/YcM2761mM2g

This will give you an idea as to how other vendors are keeping the camera focus on a "subject" and the ability to circle the subject.
Keep up the great work and I hope to give your version of GS a try this weekend.

td119 said:
DJI is behind in the devleopment of the user software just take a look at what 3D Robtics has released with the Iris+

ttp://youtu.be/YcM2761mM2g

Why would DJI care about releasing innovative software for the Phantom? They are like Apple now --- treat their customers with the Steve Jobs adage of "Customers don't know what they want, so we will give it to them".

I can't stand the arrogance and laziness of DJI --- which is why I hope 3D Robotics and other drone companies kick their ***. That is the only way to have true innovation for this hobby.

Avanti1963 said:
Ok, I could possibly put in a text field where you can set the default height to something other than 30m....but as far as adjusting the sensitivity...no go!
If I understand you correctly the text field default height would be the same for all the way points and would not be individually adjustable? This would an improvement over the current height input. Thanks

It could still be adjusted, but each time you add a new waypoint it would have that new default value. Still some things for me to figure out to get it working.

Yaw Master said:
Cheers, Coffee! You have done great things, and I thank you!

Please do not give up on turning the Vision camera in a specified direction. As we all know, this is critical to performing some amazing autonomous videos. I know you are battling with this issue, and I encourage you to keep at it. This appears to be a real challenge and overcoming it will be even sweeter in your Coffee Fund! Thanks again, Coffee.

It's tough. I'm not sure exactly what's going on... It seems whatever I do, the Phantom will pause for a moment, try a few things, and then ultimately correct itself on its own and fly to the next way point head on. There may be a reason why DJI didn't have this option enabled from a firmware perspective....perhaps. Nonetheless I'll keep futzing with it. Thanks!

NRL777 said:
Which V (V7, V5) version of your wonderful Modded App would match 1.0.52 or older of the DJI app?

I just got my Epson Moverio BT-200 Goggles and the first pieces of instructions from Prelaunch mentions not to use the latest version from m.dji.net/djivision.. but download from that site is 1.0.52 version number for the DJI app which is the latest.
How does your V versions match with the DJI versions? Like what version would V5 be equivalent to the DJI Version release?

Thanks!

These are all from 1.0.52 the latest version. I don't see why it would make a difference on your glasses, the versions seem almost identical. I bet there were just a few bug fixes.

Well, last night I got everything up and running with the new Dell 8" tablet and being excited at the time I decided to fly the 'unofficial GS' and see what it is made out of! I must say I am impressed!! I decided to do a 'short flight' of 18,000 total ft and in retrospect probably should not have! I usually can reach out 10,000 ft out and fly back with enough battery left. So I decided to do the same route with your ground station app, since I know the route. About 6K feet out I lost FPV and wasn't too worried ... so I switched to the GS app to see the progress and I get "GS unable to connect" ... I am not going to lie, I had a moment of panic! Me standing in my yard with the transmitter in my hands just thinking WTF did I just do! After about 5 min of an unknown fate I see the red LEDs far on the horizon... Holy $h!t its coming back. I quickly pointed the antenna(s) at it and sure enough my FPV returns along with the GS mapping and waypoints.

Of course, this morning I had to try it again in the other direction and placed my first waypoint 11,000 feet away with a nice wide curve second waypoint to promote the smooth flyby feature. All went well again! Some people might think I am stupid launching my stage 4 FPV drone out of sight .... and I might be... but it is so enjoyable to see the footage afterwards. Also, I have performed these routes before so I have some comfort in knowing where the drone is or anticipated. Ya, fine I am crazy.

**ilovecoffee awesome job! I almost feel like this app is showing up the Stage 4 FPVLR antenna upgrade. At least right now being new to me and potentially letting me reach places I have yet been able to reach!

Feedback- A couple things that would be 'sprinkles on the cake' would be the option to place manual type in altitude settings or a default all the waypoints to the same setting and then be able to change them individually.
- Ability to adjust the speed of the DJI between waypoints. (alternate between 15m/s and 7 m/s etc. between waypoints)

Otherwise, this app is awesome! There is a building that I want to fly to 12,000 ft away one direction... I have not had the 'balls' to try it with only three flights, but I will soon. I need to check out the topography a little more closely, so I can complete a nice low fly mission.

Thanks, so much for your diligence with the app. Keep up the good work! Monetary funding for future app development will come soon :)
Jeremey

Hay Jstc,
By changing the sequence of the motorcontroles on the central controller, one could change flight orientation sidewards. With a circulair waypoint setting the camara could then be focussed inward or outwards constantly. Just an idea.
Regards FA

Ht

Jstic said:
vicdevore said:
I would love to see the ability to set waypoints with a heading change and a picture before moving to the next waypoint. Considering this is sold as a photography tool it surprises me that this ability doesn't exist. The ability to set a circular path with an inward or outward heading would also be amazing, allowing us to get really smooth cinematic sweeping pans. I'm asking a lot, I know, but I figured I would turn this into a wish list. Honestly, I have no desire for the added distance because, but the added tools to improve my photography and videography... I'd pay for that! I would LOVE to setup my flights at home before I arrive on my shoot location, just send the program and watch it take pics and video for me. That would be a real drone!

DJI's GS for Windows and IOS has the rounded waypoint feature. Instead of making a hard corner, it lets you round off the path. There are lots of other features the full GS has that we are not able to take advantage of with the P2V+.

Tried this software out tonite on a 2000 foot flight with just 3 waypoints, and it worked fine. Thanks again to ilovecoffee.

aartsf said:
Hay Jstc,
By changing the sequence of the motorconnestors on the central controller, one could change flight orientation sidewards. With a circulair waypoint setting the camara could then be focussed inward or outwards constantly. Just an idea.
Regards FA

Ht

The Phantom will stop the mission and RTH (if the GPS is setup and working correctly) if the mission is beyond the Tx/Rx signal range correct?
Cheers,
Jim

Jesolins said:
The Phantom will stop the mission and RTH (if the GPS is setup and working correctly) if the mission is beyond the Tx/Rx signal range correct?
Cheers,
Jim
No. It will complete the mission.

jl_coat said:
Well, last night I got everything up and running with the new Dell 8" tablet and being excited at the time I decided to fly the 'unofficial GS' and see what it is made out of! I must say I am impressed!! I decided to do a 'short flight' of 18,000 total ft and in retrospect probably should not have! I usually can reach out 10,000 ft out and fly back with enough battery left. So I decided to do the same route with your ground station app, since I know the route. About 6K feet out I lost FPV and wasn't too worried ... so I switched to the GS app to see the progress and I get "GS unable to connect" ... I am not going to lie, I had a moment of panic! Me standing in my yard with the transmitter in my hands just thinking WTF did I just do! After about 5 min of an unknown fate I see the red LEDs far on the horizon... Holy $h!t its coming back. I quickly pointed the antenna(s) at it and sure enough my FPV returns along with the GS mapping and waypoints.

Of course, this morning I had to try it again in the other direction and placed my first waypoint 11,000 feet away with a nice wide curve second waypoint to promote the smooth flyby feature. All went well again! Some people might think I am stupid launching my stage 4 FPV drone out of sight .... and I might be... but it is so enjoyable to see the footage afterwards. Also, I have performed these routes before so I have some comfort in knowing where the drone is or anticipated. Ya, fine I am crazy.

**ilovecoffee awesome job! I almost feel like this app is showing up the Stage 4 FPVLR antenna upgrade. At least right now being new to me and potentially letting me reach places I have yet been able to reach!

Feedback- A couple things that would be 'sprinkles on the cake' would be the option to place manual type in altitude settings or a default all the waypoints to the same setting and then be able to change them individually.
- Ability to adjust the speed of the DJI between waypoints. (alternate between 15m/s and 7 m/s etc. between waypoints)

Otherwise, this app is awesome! There is a building that I want to fly to 12,000 ft away one direction... I have not had the 'balls' to try it with only three flights, but I will soon. I need to check out the topography a little more closely, so I can complete a nice low fly mission.

Thanks, so much for your diligence with the app. Keep up the good work! Monetary funding for future app development will come soon :)
Jeremey

Great to hear it! I'm not sure if you've watched Seinfeld but it's sort of like the Kramer/Gas record episode, such a thrill to see it come back but nerve wracking as hell hahahahaha.

Those are two very doable potentials. Speed is already unique to each waypoint, but the app applies it globally from one setting.

I'm also working on setting the default values for altitude. Again, I'm not a programmer, just a tech enthusiast so it will take me some time to figure out.

jl_coat said:
Donation sent! Thanks again.

Thanks!! :D

aartsf said:
Hay Jstc,
By changing the sequence of the motorcontroles on the central controller, one could change flight orientation sidewards. With a circulair waypoint setting the camara could then be focussed inward or outwards constantly. Just an idea.
Regards FA

Ht

Unfortunately this isn't possible under the current app setup. It only gives instructions as straight line destinations.

Dankguy123 said:
I did a 4 mile flight today (22085ft) Here is a video of it

http://youtu.be/Ny5r8LJqaO0

Nice!

Avanti1963 said:
Dankguy123 said:
I did a 4 mile flight today (22085ft) Here is a video of it

http://youtu.be/Ny5r8LJqaO0

What was your battery level after landing and what was your approximate height for your waypoints? Thanks

I had 37% battery left and I did 308ft on all waypoints just so I wouldn't hit anything lol

Donation sent ilovecofee Confirmation number: 0UF56877JD746493F

I really appreciate this app cuz now I can fly places that I would of never thought about trying before with just antennas

Thanks a lot and here is a 3 mile video I did today

http://youtu.be/MxtGYGCqAJI

P.S. I sure some one has probably asked this before but is there a way you can make it where you can set the height to all waypoints at the same time if you wanted to

Now I wish we could get a better battery that can last longer lol

Im wondering if its possible to enable other fov modes for the camera. One between narrow and wide

Dankguy123 said:
Donation sent ilovecofee Confirmation number: 0UF56877JD746493F

I really appreciate this app cuz now I can fly places that I would of never thought about trying before with just antennas

Thanks a lot and here is a 3 mile video I did today

http://youtu.be/MxtGYGCqAJI

P.S. I sure some one has probably asked this before but is there a way you can make it where you can set the height to all waypoints at the same time if you wanted to

Thanks! :D Yes I'm working on the height thing!

darkoth23 said:
Im wondering if its possible to enable other fov modes for the camera. One between narrow and wide

Probably not but I'll look into it.

coffee, did you ever look into the ability to enter negative altitude values for GS? Some of us take off from higher elevations and are stuck with that elevation when flying over much lower valleys and want to go lower for better camera shot. I know this was mentioned a while back when you first started modifying the app.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl