UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed and M

That's awesome. I plan to give you a run for your money once I figure out this app/tablet problem. Keep the videos coming!

cadsii said:
23,000 feet :) total usage 51% :p I'm going to keep pushing the limits :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMFKO2YFidE[/youtube]

ilovecoffee said:
I thought about your issue this morning. Perhaps one of two things since it was a Chinese tablet

a) Did it have the Google Maps app installed? It's required to work as it needs the framework installed.
b) Ground Station does not work in China (I guess it's against the law there)....so if it thought it was located in China by default because it never accessed its location before, it might have run into a problem.

I returned the tablet, so I can't test it anymore. I have a dell coming tomorrow and will test it out! Like I said I think it is mostly an operator error and an inferior tablet (components). So, just curious when the new tablet comes, install the .apk and then install google maps app then open? Sorry to be ignorant, but this android OS is new to me. I don't want to state issues if there are none. Much appreciated,
JL

Gents,
At what point are you loosing and getting back your video when you send it off on these over 1 mile missions? If you are keeping the video signal what antenna and booster sets are you using?
Cheers,
Jim

ilovecoffee said:
Google maps should already come installed on the Dell tablet so don't worry about that. Just install the apk and you should be good to go.

Great!

jl_coat said:
That's awesome. I plan to give you a run for your money once I figure out this app/tablet problem. Keep the videos coming!

cadsii said:
23,000 feet :) total usage 51% :p I'm going to keep pushing the limits :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMFKO2YFidE[/youtube]

Quick question ... What do you use to speed up the speed of your video?
JL

I had a flight of 27,000+ using coffee's app and GS. I'll try to upload it to youtube. I think I was down to about 30% battery at that point, but don't remember exactly. I remember thinking I could easily get 6 miles before the battery tried to auto land.

Jstic said:
I had a flight of 27,000+ using coffee's app and GS. I'll try to upload it to youtube. I think I was down to about 30% battery at that point, but don't remember exactly. I remember thinking I could easily get 6 miles before the battery tried to auto land.

Wow! Nice!

Coffee is a rockstar for sure! I've enjoyed many flights with it! It sounds like I've covered the most ground so far, still, at almost 33K feet (6.2 miles) a few weeks ago (sorry if I've already posted this!):
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_x24JX9i-M[/youtube]

I returned with 29% battery.. and this was before the "bank and turn" feature (time and distance was lost slowing down and speeding up).. I've been wanting to go 8 miles.. but I don't think my batteries are up to it. I should have the new limefuel this weekend to test.

Sorry I've not been more active lately -- I did a couple flights with the bank-and-turn, and I LOVE IT.. I have been doing sky-writing, lol.. here's a cork-scew flight:
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... nes-82643/

and here's a heart flight:
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... nes-82648/

i've been wanting to edit up a video but haven't had time yet.

**edit, ok, just went back and I see I did post the distance YT already back on page 41.. sorry for the noise

Jayson Hanes said:
Coffee is a rockstar for sure! I've enjoyed many flights with it! It sounds like I've covered the most ground so far, still, at almost 33K feet (6.2 miles) a few weeks ago (sorry if I've already posted this!):
[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_x24JX9i-M[/youtube]

I returned with 29% battery.. and this was before the "bank and turn" feature (time and distance was lost slowing down and speeding up).. I've been wanting to go 8 miles.. but I don't think my batteries are up to it. I should have the new limefuel this weekend to test.

Sorry I've not been more active lately -- I did a couple flights with the bank-and-turn, and I LOVE IT.. I have been doing sky-writing, lol.. here's a cork-scew flight:
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... nes-82643/

and here's a heart flight:
http://www.flytrex.com/mission/quadcopt ... nes-82648/

i've been wanting to edit up a video but haven't had time yet.

**edit, ok, just went back and I see I did post the distance YT already back on page 41.. sorry for the noise

It's incredible the distance you are getting, I have downloaded app but really haven't used groud station the way some of you have...
question

Are you getting video feed from camera when taking these types of long distance flights? Or you just watching the ground station map view? I have fpvlr stage 2 kit

if you initiate a mission you can switch back and forth to/from FPV view just fine -- however, all of it will be useless when you fly beyond your normal WIFI range.. which depends on your antenna arrangement (or upgrades), location, LOS, interference, etc.. Most of these flights I've done have been at low altitudes and there's no way I'd be able to maintain a clear LOS for FPV beyond a 1/4 mile or less.. however, I've been more comfortable sending my phantom out these distances only BECAUSE I have a flytrex live.. if it were to fail to come back, I'd at least have an idea where it was last seen.

Furthermore, when your device loses connection, and you are near another WIFI that you'd normally connect to, like when I fly in front of my house -- reconnecting to the phantom when it completes the mission is not automatic and requires a few steps -- which is a little concerning the first time :)

Bigdz said:
Furthermore, when your device loses connection, and you are near another WIFI that you'd normally connect to, like when I fly in front of my house -- reconnecting to the phantom when it completes the mission is not automatic and requires a few steps -- which is a little concerning the first time

Will the Phantom automatically reconnect to WiFi when it comes within range, assuming there's no other WiFi points you normally connect to?
I also believe video recording will continue, even if you fly out of range. Is that correct?

Hi Coffee,

When setting the height for each waypoint, would it be possible to turn down the sensitivity of the slider or maybe include a box to manually enter the height value? With the current slider, I am not able to enter a consistent height value for each waypoint. Your consideration of this upgrade and the work you have been doing is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

GustavL said:
Will the Phantom automatically reconnect to WiFi when it comes within range, assuming there's no other WiFi points you normally connect to?
I also believe video recording will continue, even if you fly out of range. Is that correct?

yes and yes

Avanti1963 said:
Hi Coffee,

When setting the height for each waypoint, would it be possible to turn down the sensitivity of the slider or maybe include a box to manually enter the height value? With the current slider, I am not able to enter a consistent height value for each waypoint. Your consideration of this upgrade and the work you have been doing is greatly appreciated!! Thanks

+1

I have an S Pen for my Samsung Note tablet, and use a rubber tipped pen for my phone and can dial in the height for each waypoint much, much easier than with my finger.

Ok, I could possibly put in a text field where you can set the default height to something other than 30m....but as far as adjusting the sensitivity...no go!
If I understand you correctly the text field default height would be the same for all the way points and would not be individually adjustable? This would an improvement over the current height input. Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka