UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

ilovecoffee said:
^

I would just suggest "G-P-S Lost"

Or " Huston we have a problem " ?

Pls make it selectable.
I was in a gorge last summer and the steep hills/cliffs made it impossible to get more then 6 sats even there were 100 of them in the sky.

GustavL said:
Hi there

Downloaded your app V7 last night. Everything looks good and I am planning my first unlimited mission. Even setting the way points felt easier now than with the original DJI App. Don't know if you did anything about that! :)
Just want to make sure of something.... maybe it's been asked before but can't find it....
I live on a hill and the route I am planning is all downhill, but I need to clear some obstructions.

My question: Is the way point height you set on the GS app measured from take-off (home point) or natural ground level, for each way point?

Thanks

It is from "home point". I know that because I have asked the same question before on another board. Tested as well.

Also looks like part of the "cloud" function that really never made it into the app is going to let us record flights and upload it. Part of the code is there... just doesn't seem to have any calls anywhere else.

Similar to how the ground station base code was in the app since version 1.0.39, but the map view and other front end features weren't there.

On a side note, while a sound notification would probably be possible. It looks like too much of a pain in the a-- for me to do after looking at it more. In any case I've made the satellites RED/GREEN instead of grey-blue. I will put that out when I get some other stuff working.

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed and M

Downloaded V7 apk to android tablet (4.4 kitkat) and app works, but unable to access ground station even though it is checked. App crashes when swiping left. Any ideas as to a fix?

jl_coat said:
Downloaded V7 apk to android tablet (4.4 kitkat) and app works, but unable to access ground station even though it is checked. App crashes when swiping left. Any ideas as to a fix?

Bizarre. First time I've heard of this happening. It's stable, and if it's working for others, I don't see what would be different with yours. Perhaps it's the tablet? Have you got another Android device to test on?

jl_coat said:
I think you have to uninstall the official dji vision app first and clear all dji data catch.Now you install unofficial app.Try it ;)

Thanks. I bought an android tablet just for this app, so the DJI app has not been installed. It is obviously operator error. I will keep trying. Thanks for the info

Nope! Says not compatible for official app. I guess that explains it. I bought a 7" knock off $79 android kitkat tablet just to run this unoffical app. I guess i need to return it! I am an iphone/ipad only guy so any insight of the cheapest 7" tablet that will work would be greatly appreciated. I know a Samsung galaxy 3 or 4 works, but $125. I only want to use the tablet to run one app ... the unoffical GS. Any suggestions?
Jeremey

I bought mine for the sole purpose of running the app as well... I bought a nexus 7 second hand on Amazon for $110 and it works great! it was listed as Refurbished but it looked essentially brand new and the tablet works great for a lot of other things as well. before buying the tablet I also tried it on a $79 Chinese knockoff tablet which didn't work and I also tried it on an android emulator on my laptop which didn't work either.

if you buy a decent name brand 7 inch tablet it should work great for the app and you'll find that you can use it for a lot of other things as well. if you end up getting a Nexus 7 just make sure you get the 2013 version its only 10 or 20 dollars more for the refurbished unit and its much better then the 2012 version

Okay. The Samsung Galaxy 3 is around the $100 mark. Would that work with android 4.2? That's the most I want to pay lol or my wife will allow after a fpvlr stage 4.. I'll look at the nexus tablets... but ,my whole house is run by Apple. Ugh!

Bought a dell 8. Hopefully it works. Thanks JL

I thought about your issue this morning. Perhaps one of two things since it was a Chinese tablet

a) Did it have the Google Maps app installed? It's required to work as it needs the framework installed.
b) Ground Station does not work in China (I guess it's against the law there)....so if it thought it was located in China by default because it never accessed its location before, it might have run into a problem.

thanks for the app, will test it soon, donation done.

curious if this one works better on my moverio glasses ;-)

Michel
Utrecht
Netherlands

sexybeast said:
thanks for the app, will test it soon, donation done.

curious if this one works better on my moverio glasses ;-)

Michel
Utrecht
Netherlands

I haven't changed anything in regards to the video frame size, but the yaw control should be interesting by simply moving your head. And thanks for the donation! :D

ilovecopy,
Donation complete. Thank you. I have v5 installed and working. Does v7 allow you to point the camera once at the waypoint? I noticed the statement that the camera direction doesn't work during the mission, but wasn't sure if it worked once the phantom reached the waypoint. Keep up the good work!

Gunner311 said:
ilovecopy,
Donation complete. Thank you. I have v5 installed and working. Does v7 allow you to point the camera once at the waypoint? I noticed the statement that the camera direction doesn't work during the mission, but wasn't sure if it worked once the phantom reached the waypoint. Keep up the good work!

Thanks Gunner! :D

I'm currently stumped in regards to the camera direction...there's missing data in the app, but I believe it does have the ability as there are a few key indicators in the code.

If I don't figure it out, DJI will likely release it in the next update. They have included a lot of "future" code in past versions. The functionality behind Ground Station was actually included since version 1.0.39

Not sure if it's a business decision to not cannibalize sales of their own ground station hardware, or something lacking in the firmware.

But they have included this Direction code and GPS Flight Logging to their cloud, just not properly implemented (yet).

23,000 feet :) total usage 51% :p I'm going to keep pushing the limits :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SMFKO2YFidE[/youtube]

lol your going to make the Phantom 3 obsolete before its even released :lol:
this vid was a quick and dirty test...just set one waypoint 8800 feet away, i cut the first half of the vid out cuz the sun was right in the lens....

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qzJRtQepuY[/youtube]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka