UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

Jayson Hanes said:
if you fly beyond your antenna/booster powers, you will have no idea where the EFF your phantom is.. unless you have a flytrex LIVE and/or until you hear it coming back to you. Period.

So if I get like 10K ft of FPV with antennas and boosters I could essentially get the same with this version on GS?

okay. Last question.... So are the new Flytrex records now a result of this GS software instead of antennas and boosters? Is the rules... anything goes or is there a separate category for antenna vs. ground station?

cough cough..... :]

justin00 said:
Is it possible please to mod the gallery so when you watch a video it asks you what player you want to use. Like what android does when you select a file...recognises its a video and asks which player you want.

The default gallery player doesnt seem to want to play the videos on sdcard/phone...but they work in other players such as vlc or mx.

Avanti1963 said:
Coffee or anyone else, which Android phones and tablets are 100% compatible with the Unofficial Unlimited Ground Station app? I currently have the new iPhone 6 plus, however, it looks like this app will not be coming to the iPhone so I thought I might buy a used or new Android phone so I can participate in the fun of long distance GS navigation. I look forward to hearing your suggestions. Thanks!
I bought a Nexus 7 1st gen off eBay for $85. Works great!

justin00 said:
cough cough..... :]

justin00 said:
Is it possible please to mod the gallery so when you watch a video it asks you what player you want to use. Like what android does when you select a file...recognises its a video and asks which player you want.

The default gallery player doesnt seem to want to play the videos on sdcard/phone...but they work in other players such as vlc or mx.

I don't think this can work because the player opens up a stream over the Phantom's network to stream the video. If it were playing it locally, I think it could work. The way its set up, its not like it suppresses your choice of player. While I know MX can play network streams, I just don't see how to set it up to work with an alternative player.

hey Coffee as we chatted earlier, here is that video

Start 94%
End 51%
Total Used = 43%

almost 16,000 feet :)

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fUbeczGdAUg[/youtube]

^ Cool!

I'm updating the first post now with some changes

- Screen does not time out on Ground Station
- Removed direction control from view for now until I get it working (hopefully)
- Added "Bank & Turn" in Settings.

What is bank and turn?

This will allow you to fly through way points. Traditionally the Phantom will slow down, stop, and then turn. However using this new method the Phantom will just breeze right through them. Keep in mind, it will therefore need a much wider radius for turning and it is fairly liberal with what it considers reaching a way point by up to 5 meters in my testing. So DO NOT plot a course where precision is key with Bank and Turn turned on.

ohh sounds nice, bank and turn is going to get me even further and now i can plot the river path... testing after dinner :)

how does it work when you have to do a 180 ? need to add 100 feet clearance for slowdown ?

cadsii said:
how does it work when you have to do a 180 ? need to add 100 feet clearance for slowdown ?

It will stop frighteningly fast. Sort of like when flying in gps mode and letting go of the controls

Banked curve option is SWEET!! Nice work once again.

jl_coat said:
okay. Last question.... So are the new Flytrex records now a result of this GS software instead of antennas and boosters? Is the rules... anything goes or is there a separate category for antenna vs. ground station?

The only distance record on the Flytrex leaderboard using this app is Jayson Haynes at 3.1 miles... All the others in the top 10 are antenna flights as far as we are aware.

So a little more testing... JUST FYI Banked Curve is seriously banked LOL. Maybe I should just rename it to cowboy mode.

But definitely useful when you want to guide the Phantom along a path well above obstacles.

NsR8liQ.gif

Looks like it only came close to one waypoint. I understand smoothed averages, but that might be stretching the term just a bit.

I did a test run with banked turn mode too.
I used the 7m/s speed and went for 4 waypoints about 2000 feet out at 90 ft altitude. In my case the radius of the banked turns was much tighter. It could depend on the speed setting.

ilovecoffee said:
And the distance between points. Mine were probably only 10 to 15m apart.

Definitely true on both. Speed setting and waypoints further apart really smooth out the banked curving. Tried about 5 flights with it so far.

Ilovecoffee, not sure how hard this would be, but could you add an audible warning when no. of satellites drops to 6 Or below ?

Great work by the way. Very impressed !

I noticed in setting up this updated app (w/banking option) that the Low Battery Auto Go Home box has a grey check mark and cannot be turned to green -- so it appears it cannot be activated. Immediately below it is the FPV setting which also has a grey check mark, but that can be turned green. Is this a bug with the update? I used your previous version yesterday (without banking option) and don't recall if that setting was also greyed out -- but I do know that the Low Battery Auto Go Home response did work for me when I got that alert while flying and it returned home. Thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka