UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Distance, Speed, etc) v11

Re: UNOFFICIAL Vision App for Android (Unlimited GS Distance

Jayson Hanes said:
yeah man, and all entirely unintentionally and I had no idea at all until reviewing the video.. @lsteigerwalt, I went to bed after I posted this, and the youtube video edit was still processing, sorry about that.. it sometimes takes an hour or more..

Jayson, you should use this tool.
It will give you elavation differences (Height above or below your starting point) for each waypoint.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... apsmeasure

Downloading that app now! I certainly won't be doing anything crazy like this again without some better planning that's for sure...

I'm just happy it made it back.. I even asked my wife if it was really in the kitchen on the counter while I was watching this video.. it was almost dream-like at first watch.. (dumb of course, since I was watching from the SDcard on my laptop, but still... lol)

Secure Air 1 said:
Jayson Hanes said:
yeah man, and all entirely unintentionally and I had no idea at all until reviewing the video.. @lsteigerwalt, I went to bed after I posted this, and the youtube video edit was still processing, sorry about that.. it sometimes takes an hour or more..

Jayson, you should use this tool.
It will give you elavation differences (Height above or below your starting point) for each waypoint.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... apsmeasure

Thanks for letting us know about the app man :)

Hey everyone,

So I figured out how to make the Phantom "pan" shots.... As in, force it to fly facing a certain direction.

My only issue is that I need someone who is a bit more experienced in coding Java for Android, as I need to use AlertDialog Builder to have it ask the user to choose the direction/angle when dropping a waypoint, save it to a variable and then call to that variable in another file. Otherwise the only way I'm able to do it is basically force it to only face a certain direction ALL the time...much like it always attempts to face forward. If you have any experience with coding for Android please shoot me a PM. Thx!

Glad you are still tweaking the app coffee, you back in the air yet?

Jstic said:
Glad you are still tweaking the app coffee, you back in the air yet?

Oh yeah, parts came 4 days later and I got it fixed up! Big PIA to replace a whole shell though, but got it done! Just hope my horrible soldering job on my new ESC board will hold LOL (I get so nervous and my hands get so shaky.... :lol: )

Glad to hear your back in the air man. Keep up the good work on the app. Ive got no coding in java to help or I would.

Coffee, the Gordian Knot of aiming the camera during waypoint flights is on your radar, and this is good for all of us. I cannot help with your Java coding issues, but I do urge you to stay focused on this problem. If you solve this issue, we may have have to elect you Mayor.

Yaw Master said:
Coffee, the Gordian Knot of aiming the camera during waypoint flights is on your radar, and this is good for all of us. I cannot help with your Java coding issues, but I do urge you to stay focused on this problem. If you solve this issue, we may have have to elect you Mayor.

I can already solve it in the sense that I can make it fly in the direction it's facing when it starts the mission, but I am having trouble implementing a system whereby it would ask you at every way point what direction you'd like it to face.

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in an application package where the phantom would simply not turn to face its new waypoint....but I can certainly deliver that in 30 seconds LOL.

ilovecoffee said:
Yaw Master said:

I can already solve it in the sense that I can make it fly in the direction it's facing when it starts the mission, but I am having trouble implementing a system whereby it would ask you at every way point what direction you'd like it to face.

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in an application package where the phantom would simply not turn to face its new waypoint....but I can certainly deliver that in 30 seconds LOL.

i think you can tell it which way to face at a way point in ground station?? i'm sure i saw a youtube vid on the subject.

ilovecoffee said:

Honestly I would feel sufficiently happy if you could move the waypoints placed over 500 meters without being brought back to 500 meters!

Smb said:
ilovecoffee said:

Honestly I would feel sufficiently happy if you could move the waypoints placed over 500 meters without being brought back to 500 meters!

LOL. Ok ok I think I figured out that problem. Will release an updated version in the next several minutes.

ilovecoffee said:
Smb said:

LOL. Ok ok I think I figured out that problem. Will release an updated version in the next several minutes.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

ilovecoffee said:
Smb said:
ilovecoffee said:

let me know when it's ready, i have 2 batteries charger for my p2v+ AND ready to go :)

How much flight time can I get total ? what's the total distance it can travel in 50% or 60% or 70% ? anyone

I'm so eager to try this !!! can't wait !!! been doing groundstation flights everyday this week around the neighbourhood, and i'm so excited i can finally go over 500m !!!

Be careful with the long waypoint flights. I had a 4 mile waypoint flight recently where I thought I had figured all the elevations correctly, but missed one small rise of about 300 feet. The video shows where I got into trouble. Remember to calculate tree height, duh. If you get bored, go to the 7:20 mark and you will see the near disaster. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuQKDRA6x2I

Wow that was close, I plan on starting small and increasing over time

lol Jstic! welcome to the club :)

Cadsii, flight time depends on so many things.. headwinds and battery efficiency/age are probably the main ones.. I don't think anyone has posted about what happens when the battery goes under 30% or 15% while doing a mission yet.. I've not flown longer than 4 miles worth either, and that particular battery I was using was at 47% by that time.. (it started the mission at 92% though).. after 10 minutes of flying.. waypoints also will reduce your distance as even with the modified app, more than 30 seconds is lost due to deceleration and acceleration between points.

I'm an experienced java programmer and I used to code android apps full time, but it has been a few years.. so I've just re-installed the android sdk etc now and I'll see what I can do to help!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor