Unedited 4K vs 720P video - Why does 720P look so much better?

Here's the original untouched 4K video. When I watch it locally on my computer it looks very bad. Now that it's uploaded to YouTube it looks quite nice. I guess YouTube it downgrading it to 720 or something. Let me know what you think.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
It looks way better than before! You must be doing something right with the video!
It's trial and error+ to get it right sometimes.
I'm happy with what I upload!
I say, Just keep working on it! It's what I do!
It only get's better!

When I watched my 4K video on YouTube last night, it was shortly after I uploaded it and I guess it had not fully processed yet and was playing at a lower quality which is why it actually looked good for me. Now it is showing in 4K on YouTube and once again it looks terrible on my computer screen. I'm hoping to find a better computer/monitor to view this on and see if it really makes a difference and that is the problem versus the video itself being messed up. I just don't have a high enough resolution monitor to view it which is probably why it looks so terrible on my side.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

When I watched my 4K video on YouTube last night, it was shortly after I uploaded it and I guess it had not fully processed yet and was playing at a lower quality which is why it actually looked good for me. Now it is showing in 4K on YouTube and once again it looks terrible on my computer screen.

I'm displaying it on a 3k screen and it looks very good.

upload_2016-7-11_6-41-56.png

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl