Editing videos in apps versus computer

T

TriadAerial

Just curious who else edits all their videos right on their iPad (or other tablet/phone). For me it's just so much easier and faster. I use the DJI app and open the editor function and import all the videos straight to my iPad. Sometimes I'll use the actual DJI editor to make my videos but usually I put them into my Video Shop app that I love. It makes it so easy to trim clips and make edits. I know using a computer and professional software would give better results but it's just so complicated and I haven't found any software that works or I can figure out. Using these apps provides a nice video in minutes. I just wonder how much quality am I losing by doing this? Although I have the Phantom 3 Pro, I find that I get the best results on 720P/60fps. Anything higher than that just seems to look bad when played back on computer. I have this fancy 4K camera yet I'm using the lowest camera setting. Seems odd but I've read that others also prefer 720P.

So am I the only one using my iPad to edit my videos versus a computer?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

it looks very nice. I'm also using the editor in dji go app,are you using you're iPad when you are editing you're videos?

Yeah I do it all right on the iPad with the DJI app and/or Video Shop app.

Hmm. It's complicated for me. I am new to dji and drones (but not videography). I didn't know you could edit in the dji app. I transfer videos from sd card to computer and use final cu pro to edit. Final cut pro allows better use of slow mo/high speed, filters, music etc. Unfortunately my software doesn't export in 4k. But video shot in 4k and exported to 1080p still look amazing on most devices smaller than 50". In a pinch i will edit some short videos (for instagram) right on my phone using splice. But again it will only export in 1080p max.

Does the Ipad edit the actual 1080p/2.7/4K footage from the SD card or does it edit the 720 from ipad's cache file? I really doubt the ipad can edit the 4K footage, as it requires heaps of processing power. Please correct me if im wrong as I always edit using a PC.

I'm only filming in 720 so I can't say.

Yes believe it or not I had edited 4K on my wifes iPad Pro, it's amazing how optimized this things are processing image . I'm a old timer PC user but this Thing do have a edge for such a small toy...

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl