4K 60FPS?

It's the same problem as with the A9 equipped GoPro action cams - also only 60Mbps and I-Frame flicker.
But, as with my Sony PXW-X70 with 4K FW2.0 that was also limited to only 60Mbps (now we have 100), this camera showes a very good resolution (similar 1" oversampling sensor as P4P) and no smearing when panning with faster shutter times.

Efficency is not always the same with codec implementation.
I would hope DJI and Ambarella could tweak some parameters to become better in this regard.

Is there anybody here with a P4P who also finds the image somewhat blurry while moving (4K/30p)?
First I thought this happens due to some ghosting I see in very fast motion and high contrast picture elements, but the ghosting seems not to be the reason for the smearing.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks for sharing those tests, Roland.

If I'm reading the charts correctly, 1080p on the P4P is resolving the same level of detail at 25fps and 50fps, with the line-skipping only occurring at 120fps?

What leads you to conclude the video is oversampled from the full 5.2k sensor read as opposed to some moderate pixel binning/line skipping in the 25p mode?

Thanks for sharing those tests, Roland.

If I'm reading the charts correctly, 1080p on the P4P is resolving the same level of detail at 25fps and 50fps, with the line-skipping only occurring at 120fps?

What leads you to conclude the video is oversampled from the full 5.2k sensor read as opposed to some moderate pixel binning/line skipping in the 25p mode?
Do we know the P4P oversamples, like the Inspire 2? I thought that had to do with the internal CineCore processor in the Inspire, something the Phantom doesn't have. I think the P4P is "only" 4K UHD.

From the testcharts it´s a clear yes from me in regards of oversampling. Since there are only half as much red and blue pixels in a bayer pattern sensor than green pixels resolution is usally worse from red and blue testcharts. Resolution here is clearly advanced in contrast to native resolving cameras like Sony FS7 or much simpler Sony AX53 or Panasonic LX100. All these cameras don´t do oversampling in UHD and show visible less resolution in the red and blue charts

Hi everyone! I have a Phantom 4 Pro and I tried to make some videos with the highest camera settings (4096X2160 60 fps). Does anyone can help me because when the upload in you tube is complete I can't get any 4K videos but only 1080p60 option is available. I didn't used any software for edit the video and I uploaded directly with you tube editor. Thank you in advance, take care and keep flying! Here's a link of my flights

Hi everyone! I have a Phantom 4 Pro and I tried to make some videos with the highest camera settings (4096X2160 60 fps). Does anyone can help me because when the upload in you tube is complete I can't get any 4K videos but only 1080p60 option is available. I didn't used any software for edit the video and I uploaded directly with you tube editor. Thank you in advance, take care and keep flying! Here's a link of my flights

If I understand your question correctly you record video at 4K60 (4096x2160 60fps) but YouTube only displays the video as 1080P60 -- if so it could be you need to wait a few hours or even a few days for YouTube to make the video available at the higher resolution. I have been uploading mostly 4K30 videos for quite a while now and it's common to have the video, once uploaded and processed, to be available only in lower resolution for a while and then, over time, the video will be available in higher resolutions up to the level of the upload. It can take a few days. OTH, there may well be limitations to the YouTube editor that I'm unaware of as I do not use it.

If you plan to make a lot of videos it would be a good idea to get a good video editing program, know as a NLE (non linear editor) and although I use Adobe PP CC you can also go with the free and very good program like "Da Vinci Resolve".

Brian

If I understand your question correctly you record video at 4K60 (4096x2160 60fps) but YouTube only displays the video as 1080P60 -- if so it could be you need to wait a few hours or even a few days for YouTube to make the video available at the higher resolution. I have been uploading mostly 4K30 videos for quite a while now and it's common to have the video, once uploaded and processed, to be available only in lower resolution for a while and then, over time, the video will be available in higher resolutions up to the level of the upload. It can take a few days. OTH, there may well be limitations to the YouTube editor that I'm unaware of as I do not use it.

If you plan to make a lot of videos it would be a good idea to get a good video editing program, know as a NLE (non linear editor) and although I use Adobe PP CC you can also go with the free and very good program like "Da Vinci Resolve".

Brian
Thanks for the tip Brian and for your quick reply! Propably you tube needs more time to process this resolution...Do you think next time is better to record my videos in the same resolution but 30 fps? Maybe this help you tube to process faster the 4K result...Thanks once again!

Thanks for the tip Brian and for your quick reply! Propably you tube needs more time to process this resolution...Do you think next time is better to record my videos in the same resolution but 30 fps? Maybe this help you tube to process faster the 4K result...Thanks once again!

I shoot at 4K30 because the limited bandwidth of 100Mbps is not going to provide the same quality at 4K60 when you double or nearly double the raw bandwidth. If you want to shoot at faster frame rates I'd recommend a lower resolution. When I first started with drones with the DJI Inspire 1 Pro I shot at 4K24 as that is supposed to be more 'cinematic', but I found 24fps to be to 'stuttery' and 30fps was a big improvement. 60fps might seem smoother yet, but it puts a harder burden on the compression.

Brian

Reactions: GUSPMETAL
I shoot at 4K30 because the limited bandwidth of 100Mbps is not going to provide the same quality at 4K60 when you double or nearly double the raw bandwidth. If you want to shoot at faster frame rates I'd recommend a lower resolution. When I first started with drones with the DJI Inspire 1 Pro I shot at 4K24 as that is supposed to be more 'cinematic', but I found 24fps to be to 'stuttery' and 30fps was a big improvement. 60fps might seem smoother yet, but it puts a harder burden on the compression.

Brian
Thank you for your advices, I'll keep in mind for my next flight...Take care mate!

So i have had a Phantom 4, Inspire 1 Pro X5 etc.. but i always loved the Phantom, so i got the Pro and set all the video settings to the highest possible, i filmed the clip below today and im very confused as to why the video looks jagged in the beginning and gets better through near the middle/end?

Is it possible that 4K 60FPS is a bad setting, maybe i should be using 30FPS? My Go app is version 4.0, everything is on latest firmware and the settings are set to auto.

Take a look and tell me what you think this may be from? Thanks

I cannot get your video to play full screen so it is impossible to evaluate it... Firefox, latest version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka