UAV-Outlet Pre-Order Status

I ordered mine from Dronefly. I do agree with supporting others who support this group and will think about that in the future

I will remain patient and with UAV-Outlet. Given all the anticipation and hand wringing, I hope they don't go cheap on shipping. Like send it via USPS. Overnight shipping from the batch expected on Monday (or early next week) will work. Looking forward to it.

Was about to say, RC Depot is no different from you, other than they got their shipments on time.

I hear about Tier levels but I do not know who is a Tier one or if Tier five better...

If you look at DJI dealer list , it goes by what product you are looking for...Funny how P3 has a small list of Dealers and P2 has a longer list, maybe an over stock P2 dealers...lol

I'm sticking with UAV outlet as well. No sense in getting all worked up over it. The package will get here when it gets here. It helps that I don't have a definite need for my P3 until the first week of June, but I won't be disappointed if it takes longer than that. I'm excited about the huge upgrade from my FC40, though!

I hear about Tier levels but I do not know who is a Tier one or if Tier five better...

If you look at DJI dealer list , it goes by what product you are looking for...Funny how P3 has a small list of Dealers and P2 has a longer list, maybe an over stock P2 dealers...lol

Could not agree more. Is one color dealer better then the next? If so... why do these "better color" dealers seem to be getting sent far less product from DJI? Also, it was mentioned by one dealer (won't repeat who) that each dealer only got send 10 drones. Odd that dealers only got 10 when we know full well that RC Depot had _far_ more.

Not saying I'd blame a dealer in any way. If I were a DJI dealer I'd certainly be making a few more nasty phone calls to DJI. But facts are facts... some dealers have stock and some don't and can't say when they will. if you could buy a car at two dealers next to each other and one had it on their lot and the other told you they might get it next month... who would you buy from?

Edit: BTW, as I was typing this I was sent an email that my P3P was just shipped.

Let me be clear... I'm MUCH more upset at the situation that DJI appears to have created and I'm probably a little over-sensitive, having to read about all the people who ordered a different way and already have their P3s. I'm certainly not knocking UAV Direct (I AM knocking US Hobby). Kudo's to a dealer that is willing to post to their customers in this form.

perhaps. At lot of times I get skeptical as well about online sales and want a reputable seller. However, I reason that either it's a total scam and it isn't the Phantom 3 at all (makes little sense) or else
RcDepot is list as well

Hmmm. Well that quieted everyone down, didn't it?

I'm somehow able to curb my "gotta have it now" appetite and choose to wait for UAV-Outlet to get their stock. They have no control over how many units or when they are shipped by DJI and received at UAV, just like those that ordered from DJI have no control...point is, I do not blame UAV for any of this!

Last edited:
Reactions: Built Drones
I'm somehow able to curb my "gotta have it now" appetite and choose to wait for UAV-Outlet to get their stock. They have no control over how many units or when they are shipped, just like those that ordered from DJI have no control...point is, I do not blame UAV for any of this!

I agree. It's not like they received their shipment and are slow getting them out to their customers. I don't think a few days or even a couple of weeks is a big deal.

I agree. It's not like they received their shipment and are slow getting them out to their customers. I don't think a few days or even a couple of weeks is a big deal.

Totally agree especially with delay in iOS app. I rather wait a few days and have everything in place for the first flight. In the meantime reading the manual, learning about aerial photography and learning from issues other people are having is good use of my time.

Last edited:
Totally agree especially with delay in iOS app. I rather wait a few days and have everything in place for the first flight. In the meantime reading the manual, learning about aerial photography and learning from issues other people are having is hood use of my time.
Hoping I get mine before the end of next week and hope the iOS app is available by then.

Have any of the units that have already been delivered come with the extra battery? If not, what's the big deal in waiting until the whole bundle is available. You get to fly for 15 minutes or so, then wait 1 1/2 hours to fly another 15 minutes. I would rather wait until I can get multiple batteries so I can keep flying without delay. I'll wait on UAV-Outlet. By then all the bugs will have been identified, the iOS will be available, and so will a P3 backpack..

Kind of ironic! I received this email from uav-outlet today:

Subject: Please review your recent purchases at uav-outlet.com

Hello Chris,

You've recently bought NEW DJI Phantom 3 Advanced Quadcopter with Integrated FPV Camera, what do you think about it?

I haven't received a shipping notice or the P3 yet. Maybe best not to leave a review at this point!

(I understand why the P3 isn't here yet, and I certainly don't mind waiting until sometime next week, just thought this was funny!)

Chris

I was going to order from Amazon once the furor died down and the app was ready bug free. But seeing how well Chris is handling these emails, I'm going with UAV-Outlet.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor