UAV Bits Strong Arms and Carbon Fiber Camera Guard Saves the Day

Reaction score
I did a little tree trimming with my P3 and took a 70 foot tumble into a pile of large rocks. You can see by the photo the Strong Arm edge sheered right off but protected the shell. My carbon fiber camera guard also took a hit, did not break and protected the camera. No damage at all. Worth every penny I paid for them.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    473.6 KB · Views: 644
Reactions: Mike Mauk
I did a little tree trimming with my P3 and took a 70 foot tumble into a pile of large rocks. You can see by the photo the Strong Arm edge sheered right off but protected the shell. My carbon fiber camera guard also took a hit, did not break and protected the camera. No damage at all. Worth every penny I paid for them.
Yep-- saved the bacon-- be nice if DJI picked up on some of these mods and incorporated them into the later manufacturing runs.

Reactions: Mike Mauk
I have not seen the Strong Arm edge humm need to check that out I do have the carbon fiber gimbal guard

Nice to see the Strong Arm protect the shell in more ways than one! I have the Strong Arms, Camera Guard and also replaced the plastic camera support with a carbon fiber one from UAVbits. Accidents happen and glad the product did it's job!

Nice to see the Strong Arm protect the shell in more ways than one! I have the Strong Arms, Camera Guard and also replaced the plastic camera support with a carbon fiber one from UAVbits. Accidents happen and glad the product did it's job!
REQUIRED UPGRADES: Camera Guard; Arm Guards, Gimbal Guards-- these three items can save their cost, 5 times over when you start talking about Camera, Gimbal and Motor :D replacements:)

thanks for the thread and the information.. I just ordered the strong arms.

Reactions: bobmyers
Yep-- saved the bacon-- be nice if DJI picked up on some of these mods and incorporated them into the later manufacturing runs.

Weight = flight times.

DJI is in the business of making the longest flying quad. This is why -everything- on it is fragile. This is why their 3 axis gimbal is so freakishily light compared to other 3 axis gimbals.

The rest is up to you. If you want to strengthen this, modify that, it's up to you to pick your battles.

Reactions: Dronason

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94