Are you using UAV Bits' Strong arms and....

Reaction score
Are you using UAV bits' strong arms and have you noticed any cracking or issues?

I have purchased and installed a set on one P3P and am installing another set on my other P3P this weekend. I am just wondering if people feel they are having success? Or has anyone had issues even though they have strong arms installed?

I have just seen so MANY threads about the stress cracks (including Chris' terrible incident with the motor mounts completely breaking off) that I am curious how effective the strong arms are.

I have not seen anyone with strong arms say anything less than positive - and I am not really digging for dirt - just thought to ask this question.

i just put them on last night so i can't chime in yet. but am also interested in this.

Yes, about 3 weeks. I have one small crack and hope it stays that way. I can tell that the arms are stronger after installing, there is no flex like before. They are well worth the price so far.

i ordered a set today.
let you know what happens

I have installed the kit a months ago and i dont know what i should think about the strong arm kit. There are a lot more cracking and crunching sounds going on when i slightly try to twist the end of the arms, i havent tested the kit in the air yet. The shells are just not as solid than before, they are slightly more loose. All screws are tight, so maybe this is normal but i have a strange feeling about it.
Maybe the plastic material of the kit is to flexible and thin, the plates are bending like hell.

29x67f7.jpg

. There are a lot more cracking and crunching sounds going on when i slightly try to twist the end of the arms.

Why in the world would you intentionally twist the ends of your copter? No offense meant, but I think you probably will want to stop doing this, strong arm reinforcements or not.

Reactions: phantom13flyer
You cant twist the ends because its obviously stiff but you can check with a slight amount of force if the arms are solid or not. I think with a common sense you should realize that i did not twisted the arms like spaghetti. When you hold the P3 with two hands on both arms you will hear the crunching sound as well. Its not as solid as it was with the stock screws.

You have one screw smaller then the others...The plastic by being more flexible will prevent cracks, I noticed
You cant twist the ends because its obviously stiff but you can check with a slight amount of force if the arms are solid or not. I think with a common sense you should realize that i did not twisted the arms like spaghetti. When you hold the P3 with two hands on both arms you will hear the crunching sound as well. Its not as solid as it was with the stock screws.
I think you got a wrong screw in there one is way smaller then the others on that photo, and on my craft it is way more solid then the stuck screws...Less twisting, etc.

You have one screw smaller then the others...The plastic by being more flexible will prevent cracks, I noticed

I think you got a wrong screw in there one is way smaller then the others on that photo, and on my craft it is way more solid then the stuck screws...Less twisting, etc.
Yes one screw has a smaller head but its the same lenghts and same size, he send me this screw. But since i have this crunching sounds going on at all 4 arms by the slightest amount of force i dont think its because of the screw : p I think the plate in to thin and flexible, thats why its never really 100% solid. Thats why im so concerned about it, this cant be good for the plastic shell

I had been planning to eventually get the kit until I watched the install video on their site. That's when I saw how flexible the pieces actually are. I was surprised how much they flexed when installing the screws. I really don't see how these can help at all with preventing cracks. I do however see how they would help with a motor falling off if the motor mounts are cracked.

Reactions: JoBe
I use the strong arm kit. It seems to to work great and add a lot of strength. For $25 it's great piece of mind for me.

while waiting for my strong arm kit to get here i started looking for wrenches to remove the screws.
here is what i found.
stock motor screws on P3P are 1.5mm hex wrench.
other two screws are Torque screws.
i checked mt Phantom 2 Vision and all six screws are 1.5 mm hex screws.
why did DJI add the two torque screws on the Phantom3 pro
why didn't they stay with the 1.5 mm hex screws all the way round in the Phantom3 Pro?

The strong arms kit is kind of loose like i said, you can hear crunching sounds from the two shells when you hold the P3 on its armtips or when you press in the shell slightly or twisting it slightly, its not 100% solid. I would say that before the strong arm kit the P3 Shell was stiffer. I checked my P2 and the shell is super stiff, you cant push it in with your fingertips at all.

Furthermore i figured out that the strong arms kit left some minor "bite marks" on the shell plastic. I did not tested it in the air, just from mounting the kit it created those bite marks. So im a bit confused now, dont know if i should risk to test fly the P3 with this kit because it really feels loose.

2rmnvgh.jpg

34sjsb4.jpg

I just got mine in the mail. Will test and post a review when i've got the time.

while waiting for my strong arm kit to get here i started looking for wrenches to remove the screws.
here is what i found.
stock motor screws on P3P are 1.5mm hex wrench.
other two screws are Torque screws.
i checked mt Phantom 2 Vision and all six screws are 1.5 mm hex screws.
why did DJI add the two torque screws on the Phantom3 pro
why didn't they stay with the 1.5 mm hex screws all the way round in the Phantom3 Pro?

Typically the torx are put in place by a manufacturer that wants the screws to not be removed by the end user. Torx Security bits have a small shaft that comes up through the center of the torx bit to increase even more the chance of the end user not having the proper bit to remove the screw. DJI did not go all out on protection, just a bit. (pun)

My p3p is on its way back from being repaired for cracks, should have it back in a couple days and I've got a set of the UAVbits in matching gold that will go on there before I ever take off again.

Just installed 2 sets today the fit is nice and snug and I feel makes it more firm,I was going to cut the zip ties off but what the heck there not going to hurt so left them on.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20