UAV Bits strong arms - drone leans more?

Reaction score
I've just installed the UAV Bits Strong Arms reinforcement kit on my P3A. During the first flight (almost no wind), the drone seems to be leaning more as it flys, causing the props and end of the Phantoms arm to be in the top of the frame a lot more than usual.

I checked the setting about the 30 degrees upwards limit on the gimbal, and its set to not allow that.

Has anyone else noticed after installing reinforcement plates under the P3 motors that the drone arms are in the frame a lot more?

I don't think those strengthening plates can tilt drone on a side. That must be the effect of wind at the site.

If you observe an abnormal tilt, please redo IMU calibration.

Was virtually no wind today, and yet the props/arms in the frame was the worst I've ever had in 120 flights. Camera looking straight ahead.

Even tested it 2 meters off the ground, so I could be sure of the wind - and same problem.

Was virtually no wind today, and yet the props/arms in the frame was the worst I've ever had in 120 flights. Camera looking straight ahead.

Even tested it 2 meters off the ground, so I could be sure of the wind - and same problem.

It could be an illusion or IMU issue.

That's good then. Check if strengthening plates are mounted flat, not adding any angle to motors. I don't think that's possible.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stovebayen