[TOOL][WIN] Offline TXT FlightRecord to CSV Converter

Hello ferraript and thanks for your great work!

I tried your converter but got the "ERROR in 03/GIMBAL at byte 64". I'm using the older DJI Pilot Android app with my Inspire and I'm not sure if that's the issue. I'm attaching a txt just in case you want to try it.

Assuming this is something that can be fixed, would it be possible to make a command line version of the converter? That would be useful for batching or scripting :)

Thank you!!

Vincenzo

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2016-04-24_[06-41-32].txt
    1.1 MB · Views: 398
I'm using the older DJI Pilot Android app with my Inspire and I'm not sure if that's the issue.
ok I did some modifications so it's working for your DJI Pilot app too

may I ask why are you using it?
is it more stable (and less buggy) than DJI GO for you?

about command line version:
I have to admit that it's interesting idea
So maybe something like this could be done: you run exe with parameters (input file and output file), tool will automatically set them and will try to process the file, then it will end, everything without displaying the GUI
But I've never tried to do something like that so I'll have to look into it

Thanks a million ferraript!!

I'm using the old DJI Pilot because everything works for me as it is and I'm not interested in the latest firmware and DJI GO capabilities... like the old saying, if it ain't broke... :) So I'm not updating firmware nor app.

Please let me know about the command line as it would be very useful also for batch processing.

Ciao!!

V.

Please let me know about the command line as it would be very useful also for batch processing
I have finally managed to get it working.
It can read the file from first parameter and write the output to the file from second parameter. Third optional parameter sets the option to export the JPGs.
But there is no output/log about what the tool actually did.
Is that fine for you?

Reactions: hms
I have finally managed to get it working.
It can read the file from first parameter and write the output to the file from second parameter. Third optional parameter sets the option to export the JPGs.
But there is no output/log about what the tool actually did.
Is that fine for you?
Thanks a million ferraript, that would surely do!! If you can point me to where the command line version is I'll try it inside a batch file to convert multiple files sequencially.

Cheers!!

V.

@ferraript , so glad to see you are still pushing forward with this project. I have a some questions...

1) Do you set the point in which the flight log begins & stops recording? Currently it appears to begin at Motor Start, and stops when a/c lands.

2) As you know the Data Columns for "DETAILS.city" and "DETAILS.area" contain no details. Does dji have this info switched off, or?

3) Also as you know the following RC Data Columns do not contain data, and never have. Is this data that needs to link from the R/C to the A/C in order for this data to co-exist with the P3 flight log?

(RC_GPS.latitude, RC_GPS.longitude, RC_GPS.xSpeed, RC_GPS.ySpeed, RC_GPS.gpsNum, and RC_GPS.gpsStatus)

@flyNfrank :
1) No. That's the way TXT log is written in DJI GO app.
2) No. Actually, TXT log file can be modified by DJI GO app when you review your flight in app. For example, in my case, during the filght, I have wifi/data switched off. So after the flight, TXT log file has empty fields city & area. When I come home, I switch the wifi on and just click on the flight in the DJI GO. And then I download the TXT file to my PC and create the CSV. And voila, area and/or city fields are filled now.
3) At the moment I can't give you exact answer. But for sure I've seen TXT logs that contained data in those columns. Maybe it was Inspire only. Maybe it was in Follow Me mode only. I can't remember.

So new version is out.
The only change is, it can be run from command line.
Usage is explained in Notice 3 of first post
(for example:
TXTlogToCSVtool "C:\temp\inputFile.txt" "C:\temp\outputFile.csv" J
It will try to read inputFile.txt and write the output into outputFile.csv. Third optional parameter (J) means, it will also export JPGs, if they are present in the log.)

Reactions: hms
Wonderful ferraript,

it works perfectly, now I can batch convert all files in a folder with a simple batch file.

@echo off
for /f %%f in ('dir /b *.txt') do (
echo %%f
TXTlogToCSVtool.exe %%f %%f.csv j
)

Thanks again!!

V.

@flyNfrank :
1) No. That's the way TXT log is written in DJI GO app.
2) No. Actually, TXT log file can be modified by DJI GO app when you review your flight in app. For example, in my case, during the filght, I have wifi/data switched off. So after the flight, TXT log file has empty fields city & area. When I come home, I switch the wifi on and just click on the flight in the DJI GO. And then I download the TXT file to my PC and create the CSV. And voila, area and/or city fields are filled now.
3) At the moment I can't give you exact answer. But for sure I've seen TXT logs that contained data in those columns. Maybe it was Inspire only. Maybe it was in Follow Me mode only. I can't remember.

@ferraript,

2) When you say you come home and switch on the wifi and click on the flight.... Are you saying if you click on the flight located in the flight log area of the GO app, this will then write to the log this additional location data detail? And if so, is this only taking place due to there being no wifi present in the duration of the flight? And if so-if so, if wifi is enabled, the mentioned columns will include the data details?

3) Would it be possible that the mentioned columns group be active based on what firmware was in the R/C and the GO app version? ........I have viewed a number of flight logs, but I don't remember ever seeing any data in the column group mentioned. Other then that I think you are probably right about the columns being connected to the orientation modes. Based on what those columns displat data for, it just about has to be where the R/C plays a different role from the other flight types.

Wonderful ferraript,

it works perfectly, now I can batch convert all files in a folder with a simple batch file.

@echo off
for /f %%f in ('dir /b *.txt') do (
echo %%f
TXTlogToCSVtool.exe %%f %%f.csv j
)

Thanks again!!

V.

This is an area that I'm not that familiar with. Are you saying with the recent upgrade you will now be able to convert a number of txt files to csv.....at the same time? If so, would you be able to provide basic details on what is needed to do this? Not only would I like to know for myself, but there is a number of viewers that do not like posting that can benefit as well. Maybe even promote them to get involved. :)

@flyNfrank :
>this will then write to the log this additional location data detail?
Yes

>is this only taking place due to there being no wifi present in the duration of the flight?
Yes

>if wifi is enabled, the mentioned columns will include the data details?
I don't know that. As I wrote, I don't (and won't) fly with data/wifi enabled.
But the idea is simple. DJI GO gets the city/area info online from Google. Without internet connection it can't do it. And if it writes those columns right after the end of the flight, if the internet connection is available, or you need to review the flight in flights' list, is unknown to me. If this information is important to you, you will have to find out for yourself.

>RC_GPS columns:
I just reviewed the logs I've got from users
result is, all Inspire logs contain values in those columns
logs from Phantoms have those columns empty

>Are you saying with the recent upgrade you will now be able to convert a number of txt files to csv.....at the same time?
Not at the same time, one after another.
Maybe VMiceli is some spy that has thousands of logs available from various users.
And with that script, he can easily create CSVs for all the logs.

>would you be able to provide basic details on what is needed to do this?
you can try for yourself too
1. create new directory and copy some txt logs into it
2. also copy my tool into it
3. create new file xyz.bat (you can choose filename, just let the extension be ".bat")
4. into that file, copy the script that VMiceli posted, save the file
5. now run the file and wait, in short time CSVs should be created

You are right, I have used the DAT Converter. You can see it here: Hans 75
But now I have a P4 and the DAT Converter is gone for us.
H.

Been a month now since last update. Seems like forever.

@ferraript ,

Could you share your knowledge on what these 3 data columns consist of?

OSD.isAcceletorOverRange

OSD.isVibrating

OSD.isNotEnoughForce

And also, on the OSD.gpsLevel column where it displays the numbers 0-5.... Does these readings work like a signal/reception type reading where 0 is week and 5 would be best possible?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akinproplumbing