To good to be true

I use both DJI Go and Litchi. I'd recommend learning how to fly using Go, then when you're comfortable, add Litchi.

Be very careful flying around South Beach. You're not allowed to fly over crowds of people, and you're just outside the inner class B airspace of Miami... If you enter Class B accidentally you could find out if your new drone floats...

I also strongly recommend that you use only OEM batteries in your P3S. Keep an eye out for sales on Amazon, Best Buy, Target, etc.

If you want to spend half of what you paid for your drone for another OEM battery, that's fine. However do yourself a favor and research the aftermarket batteries from Banggood, and PowerExtra. I've had 2 PowerExtra batteries for a while now, with over 10 hours of flight time each, and they perform just as well as OEM.

Batteries are what keep you flying, so it all depends on your comfort level. I bought my P3S to play with, so if it falls from the sky, so be it. If it doesn't I've had a lot more fun for a much cheaper price.

Oh boy, your one of those!
If you took 1/10 of a time to r ad my post. I said I will learn first and it's more of a safety measure. I hear some horror stories of birds flying away in way shorter of distances than typical.
There's hundreds others on here stating how far they fly but as I said I feel not think I would take it out of sight.
Good day and thanks to those who were helpful.
Back to looking at doodads!
Yeah. I'm one of "those"; a law abiding citizen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Look for failed battery in the search box and 95% is due to non OEM batteries ...
I did, and I read the first 10-12 results no mention of non OEM batteries. In the UK a P3S refurbished is £315 and a spare battery is £126, that's 40% of the cost, 40% that's insane; you'd be better off buying two to get the spare battery.

There's one really good reason for using OEM batteries mrfish and that's the warranty which the OP has with his Factory Refurbished P2. When it's out of warranty that's a different story.
How would they know? I have never had a warranty refusal on a camera when using non OEM batteries.

The way I understand it if you don't use OEM batteries your bird could have a flyaway because of inferior battery, I would only use DJI propellers also, I just want to limit the chances of a crash or causing something worse than destroying your bird to happen
How does a bad battery cause a flyaway???

This is a flying drone we are talking here, not an electronic gadget you carry on the ground. I have read a few users' feedback in this forum about failed 3rd party batteries, and from my anecdotal observation it happens more frequently than OEM batteries. With phones and cameras, what happened if batteries fail? Will they explode? Not likely (unless you are using a Samsung Note 7). They just shut down and stop working. But when the batteries fail in drones while in the air, they shut down and crash, potentially endanger people and properties on the ground.

And if you think how DJI will know you were flying with a non-OEM batteries? Because they will always request/retrieve the flight log from you after you have crashed your drone and sent in for repair. They can tell from the log file you were not using an OEM battery so all warranty is voided.

im new to the forum and to the drone world. I found a great bundle package on Amazon for a new p3s with extras/pack pack etc... For $350.00
I as very hesitant but pulled the trigger as it was through Amazon.
Well, I revue end an email from Amazon saying my money is being refunded. I was very disappointed but from a recommendation on this site, I found a refurbished (which most say are as good as new) and with standard warranty on Newegg for only $314.00
Pulled the trigger on that and now waiting anxiously "again".
I already ordered some extras like a Rc sticker set, gimble and camera guard/cover and a iPad mini holder. I will wait till the unit arrives before I purchase extra batteries as well as a range extender. ARGTECK is what seems to be a very good one.
I keep reading about the Litch app. Is this something I should get or use the djigo version?
I'm such a noob to this(technology) but anxious to learn and begin some ventures.
Also, are those lens/filters worth getting? I live in South Beach so I can get some great beach shots etc...
Thanks in advance
Mike

I received my $314 refurbished Phantom 3 Standard from Newegg about ten days ago and it works great - absolutely no issues thus far. It has the same warranty as a new 3S and by all appearances looks brand new, in the box, with all standard accessories. This is my first drone so I have been extending flight distance and altitude gradually as I get accustomed to flying it.

I received my $314 refurbished Phantom 3 Standard from Newegg about ten days ago and it works great - absolutely no issues thus far. It has the same warranty as a new 3S and by all appearances looks brand new, in the box, with all standard accessories. This is my first drone so I have been extending flight distance and altitude gradually as I get accustomed to flying It.

Just received mine is yesterday as well( 2 days early) I charged everything last night and just sitting down to see what I have to do beg ire flying her. I'm real bad so downloading an app is a mission. $314 and it was packaged and looks like new. Hope she flys as good as it looks.

I'm going with the djigo app 1st and then I'll try something else (litchi) later.

Two viewpoints:
If DJI will not honor its warranty with 3rd party batteries, and if you want to keep your warranty in force for the full year (even if it involves buy a new DJI battery in six months...) there's not much of a decision to be made. If OTOH, the warranty is not a concern, then the concern becomes exclusively the reliability of the 3rd party flight pack. If it has proven itself reliable through field use (and you'd know quickly, because as they say bad news travels fast), no problem. But ask any Full Size Pilot here if they'd take the chance on dirty Avgas or Jet A because it was "cheaper"...

im new to the forum and to the drone world. I found a great bundle package on Amazon for a new p3s with extras/pack pack etc... For $350.00
I as very hesitant but pulled the trigger as it was through Amazon.
Well, I revue end an email from Amazon saying my money is being refunded. I was very disappointed but from a recommendation on this site, I found a refurbished (which most say are as good as new) and with standard warranty on Newegg for only $314.00
Pulled the trigger on that and now waiting anxiously "again".
I already ordered some extras like a Rc sticker set, gimble and camera guard/cover and a iPad mini holder. I will wait till the unit arrives before I purchase extra batteries as well as a range extender. ARGTECK is what seems to be a very good one.
I keep reading about the Litch app. Is this something I should get or use the djigo version?
I'm such a noob to this(technology) but anxious to learn and begin some ventures.
Also, are those lens/filters worth getting? I live in South Beach so I can get some great beach shots etc...
Thanks in advance
Mike
Personally I'm not one of the fly 3-4 miles sorts, but if you do have a range problem over relatively short distances, try a set of parabolic reflectors first. They're pretty reasonably priced and do not involve taking apart your transmitter (which DJI would frown on as far as the Warranty goes...)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tpren3