To good to be true

Reaction score
im new to the forum and to the drone world. I found a great bundle package on Amazon for a new p3s with extras/pack pack etc... For $350.00
I as very hesitant but pulled the trigger as it was through Amazon.
Well, I revue end an email from Amazon saying my money is being refunded. I was very disappointed but from a recommendation on this site, I found a refurbished (which most say are as good as new) and with standard warranty on Newegg for only $314.00
Pulled the trigger on that and now waiting anxiously "again".
I already ordered some extras like a Rc sticker set, gimble and camera guard/cover and a iPad mini holder. I will wait till the unit arrives before I purchase extra batteries as well as a range extender. ARGTECK is what seems to be a very good one.
I keep reading about the Litch app. Is this something I should get or use the djigo version?
I'm such a noob to this(technology) but anxious to learn and begin some ventures.
Also, are those lens/filters worth getting? I live in South Beach so I can get some great beach shots etc...
Thanks in advance
Mike

Personally I went with the brand new and reguraly get over 7000ft (yes seven thousand) of distance so you don't really need the extender defenetly only buy OEM batteries

Personally I went with the brand new and reguraly get over 7000ft (yes seven thousand) of distance so you don't really need the extender defenetly only buy OEM batteries
If I had the money to blow, then most likely I would gave as well but after reading the reviews of the DJI refurbished units and at a price of $314, I could not resist. Now let's see if and when it arrives, what shape its in. Don't want to boast too much yet and get a lemon.
Your P3 standard goes over 7000' with no booster?
This seems like a rare case as most have not gotten closer se to that. At least from what I have read.
I will wait and learn the unit and see what it gets in my area. Lots of buildings etc... I have a feeling it will take me a while to get the nerve to even fly it a fraction of its range.
More wanted as a safety measure to ensure not losing connection. I'll research batteries when I need them but would be hard to justify spending as much for 2 spare batteries as I did for the drone.

This seems like a rare case as most have not gotten closer se to that. At least from what I have read.
I will wait and learn the unit and see what it gets in my area. Lots of buildings etc... I have a feeling it will take me a while to get the nerve to even fly it a fraction of its range.
You're right. 7,000 feet isn't representative. It entirely depends on the conditions where you're flying.

As you said, wait and see what kind of conditions you get. You can significantly improve it with a cheap parabolic reflector on the antenna, too.

If you go with something more expensive, ARGTek is good, but a lot of people prefer ITElite's dbs range extender.

If I had the money to blow, then most likely I would gave as well but after reading the reviews of the DJI refurbished units and at a price of $314, I could not resist. Now let's see if and when it arrives, what shape its in. Don't want to boast too much yet and get a lemon.
More wanted as a safety measure to ensure not losing connection. I'll research batteries when I need them but would be hard to justify spending as much for 2 spare batteries as I did for the drone.
How i got mine for $70 was a price match on amazon but make sure that the battery is for the Phantom 3 ill look for a link later

The way I understand it if you don't use OEM batteries your bird could have a flyaway because of inferior battery, I would only use DJI propellers also, I just want to limit the chances of a crash or causing something worse than destroying your bird to happen

im new to the forum and to the drone world. I found a great bundle package on Amazon for a new p3s with extras/pack pack etc... For $350.00
I as very hesitant but pulled the trigger as it was through Amazon.
Well, I revue end an email from Amazon saying my money is being refunded. I was very disappointed but from a recommendation on this site, I found a refurbished (which most say are as good as new) and with standard warranty on Newegg for only $314.00
Pulled the trigger on that and now waiting anxiously "again".
I already ordered some extras like a Rc sticker set, gimble and camera guard/cover and a iPad mini holder. I will wait till the unit arrives before I purchase extra batteries as well as a range extender. ARGTECK is what seems to be a very good one.
I keep reading about the Litch app. Is this something I should get or use the djigo version?
I'm such a noob to this(technology) but anxious to learn and begin some ventures.
Also, are those lens/filters worth getting? I live in South Beach so I can get some great beach shots etc...
Thanks in advance
Mike
If you spent 1/10 the amount of time researching the Federal Laws regarding the operation of your new drone, as you have on researching doodads for it, I would feel a lot better. For one, flying beyond VLOS, (Visual Line of Sight) is against Federal Law. That's never more then 1000 feet away in the very best of conditions, if you have kept your eyes on it the whole time. If you have looked away for even a moment, it is next to impossible to re-acquire it at that distance.

Reactions: Falcon900
Your transmitting video over WiFi almost a mile and a half? My p4 has a hard time doing that.

Your transmitting video over WiFi almost a mile and a half? My p4 has a hard time doing that.
My P3S has done a little over 8,000 feet using a windsurfer.

I took my old p3s regularly out over 8k. Well past 11k a few times as well. Have logs and video if anyone doubts it.

Perks off flying in extremely rural area, no Wi-Fi interface at all.
I don't need proof. I don't doubt you at all. I just didn't know WiFi would transmit that far. I live in a rural area as well but I have lots of Forrest around me.

If you spent 1/10 the amount of time researching the Federal Laws regarding the operation of your new drone, as you have on researching doodads for it, I would feel a lot better. For one, flying beyond VLOS, (Visual Line of Sight) is against Federal Law. That's never more then 1000 feet away in the very best of conditions, if you have kept your eyes on it the whole time. If you have looked away for even a moment, it is next to impossible to re-acquire it at that distance.

Oh boy, your one of those!
If you took 1/10 of a time to r ad my post. I said I will learn first and it's more of a safety measure. I hear some horror stories of birds flying away in way shorter of distances than typical.
There's hundreds others on here stating how far they fly but as I said I feel not think I would take it out of sight.
Good day and thanks to those who were helpful.
Back to looking at doodads!

You have to fly the route with DJI app first...with Litchi you set waypoints ahead of time on Googlemaps and let the bird fly itself thru the route, regardless of signal power. I've sent my bird way out of rc signal, and it still completes mission with complete video

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1