This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

When messaging back-and-forth to Will at Horizon inquiring when I'm going to get my terminator extreme with 5.8 panel I was informed that he is making something for the "standard" guys
That's going to be the same size as the terminator but will include (2) 14dB & (1) 5.8 all in one solid package. Which to me sounds like it will mimic the DBS small panel for the standard only in a more powerful punch
So is the 5.8 going to be 14dbi as well... i think but am not a 100% that the 5.8 in the small itelite is 14dbi...again not sure if im correct

LOL. My unit is pooped. When I first had it, I was able to get out to about 800 feet before the wireless dropped. But two firmware updates ago my range dropped to no more than 400 feet. I can't even get near the altitude ceiling now. Grr... I'm trying to figure it out. My next test will be linking someone else's remote to mine to see if it's my remote or not.

I just checked an old post from DBS and the panel does use the 14dbi 5.8....im hoping that horizons uses a stronger 5.8 since we pretty much know how far we get with the little panel on the standards

Lmao!! Whoa

I just checked an old post from DBS and the panel does use the 14dbi 5.8....im hoping that horizons uses a stronger 5.8 since we pretty much know how far we get with the little panel on the standards
So you're saying even though the typical smaller DBS panel was only eight or nine DB I believe that their 5.8 stuffed in there was a 14?

Yep, 2 - 2.4's @9dbi and 1 - 5.8 @14dbi

LOL. My unit is pooped. When I first had it, I was able to get out to about 800 feet before the wireless dropped. But two firmware updates ago my range dropped to no more than 400 feet. I can't even get near the altitude ceiling now. Grr... I'm trying to figure it out. My next test will be linking someone else's remote to mine to see if it's my remote or not.

If you need a hand let me know

When messaging back-and-forth to Will at Horizon inquiring when I'm going to get my terminator extreme with 5.8 panel I was informed that he is making something for the "standard" guys
That's going to be the same size as the terminator but will include (2) 14dB & (1) 5.8 all in one solid package. Which to me sounds like it will mimic the DBS small panel for the standard only in a more powerful punch
Did he have an ETA on when you will be getting to test it out.

Last edited:
4fc70d967816a7a07f3d72d30e6576ec.jpg
my screen capture just before I lost the data. No mods

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

4fc70d967816a7a07f3d72d30e6576ec.jpg
my screen capture just before I lost the data. No mods

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
Is there something you're trying to show us here PhantomZ? If you're just trying to show us that your stock range was almost 8000 feet then I say that's awesome[emoji41]
If you can do 8000 feet stock, then some of the upgrades that I've used in this thread will benefit you greatly.

Hey db, did you get an ETA on the extreme?

just came across this. maybe a new type of battery in the making,
Magnesium Based Batteries Last Longer

To address the problem of constantly dying batteries in cellphones and other mobile devices, scientists at Toyota have developed a high-capacity alternative to lithium technology. The magnesium based rechargeable batteries are smaller and longer lasting compared to lithium batteries. Key to success: a magnesium friendly electrolyte

Shhhhh! Phoenix don't tell nobody about these! You buy a ton of them wrap them in your own cool label and sell them for double price on the forum here[emoji41]

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor