This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

You're getting very close to what the adavanced or pro does stock. Great fly once again. Looks like you found a very nice spot to fly. From the picture it looks as if your elevated about where your flying at. And just remember the wind can help or hurt you. I had wind push me out a mile in 80 seconds but it took 7 minutes to get back.

Man I envy you guys with your great open areas to fly at!!

I'm kind of in a valley, in the afternoon it gets windy i have been flying early morning. Yeah I know about the tail wind i went out really far almost lost it on the way back 6% battery

Reactions: phxbird57
I wish I had my phantom when i lived in cali..all the open spots and strawberry fields in gilroy would of been great! Im in the sticks of CT now lol..this is my yard which sucks to fly...the other pic is flying back to my house..but you can see its all dense woods and crappy to fly

Attachments

• 1464630317717.jpg
    1464630317717.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 269
  • 1464630340882.jpg
    1464630340882.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 286
Reactions: BruSimm
yeah I'm currently south of gilroy in Salinas, I took it to sand city last week flew at the beach didn't get to far congested airspace.

Reactions: BruSimm
I thought about that !! LOL I would need to know someone there to do that hahaha. my house is pretty close to the peace bridge, should be pretty easy..

You ever hang out at capitola? That would make a sweet video flying in over the ocean then over the town.

I was is san jose but all those areas are fairly close..highway 17...man i miss it out there

You ever hang out at capitola? That would make a sweet video flying in over the ocean then over the town.

I was is san jose but all those areas are fairly close..highway 17...man i miss it out there

Been there a few times.. Thought about going to Santa Cruz but the boardwalk, just haven't gotten around to it !!

Man you gotta do that at the boardwork before you move!! I would love to see a vid or pics of santa cruz from the phantom!

I wish I had my phantom when i lived in cali..all the open spots and strawberry fields in gilroy would of been great! Im in the sticks of CT now lol..this is my yard which sucks to fly...the other pic is flying back to my house..but you can see its all dense woods and crappy to fly
You're lucky if you get 1000 feet out of that yard ProCharged!
Driving through the eastern part of Colorado on my way to Denver it took every bit of self-control to not talk my chick into stopping and doing a long distance run! It's so wide open out there that you can see for 25 miles or more.

lol yeah she probably wouldn't enjoy sitting on the side of the road for a 40min flight.

I was able to go 3600ft in my yard but that was with boosters, I didn't lose signal but it kept flashing and bars would drop and come back..I didn't want it to hit RTH for fear of landing in a tree

lol yeah she probably wouldn't enjoy sitting on the side of the road for a 40min flight.

I was able to go 3600ft in my yard but that was with boosters, I didn't lose signal but it kept flashing and bars would drop and come back..I didn't want it to hit RTH for fear of landing in a tree
That thought is exactly what kept me from mentioning it and you know I push it too far and w/ not that many roads out there I would have to foot hike a mile to go get it through prairie dogs. So that's another 40 minutes she'd be waiting

When messaging back-and-forth to Will at Horizon inquiring when I'm going to get my terminator extreme with 5.8 panel I was informed that he is making something for the "standard" guys
That's going to be the same size as the terminator but will include (2) 14dB & (1) 5.8 all in one solid package. Which to me sounds like it will mimic the DBS small panel for the standard only in a more powerful punch

Reactions: phxbird57
When messaging back-and-forth to Will at Horizon inquiring when I'm going to get my terminator extreme with 5.8 panel I was informed that he is making something for the "standard" guys
That's going to be the same size as the terminator but will include (2) 14dB & (1) 5.8 all in one solid package. Which to me sounds like it will mimic the DBS small panel for the standard only in a more powerful punch

hmmm I'm interested... idea on cost..?

Gilroy! I presently live in Morgan Hill... have some open space, but my PS3 no longer gets past about 400ft... looking into it right now.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor