This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

Oh yea check this out ever make post holes with your Phantom.
View attachment 54950
Ok the rest of the story. I was hoping for some video back unable to get the video file to work. I did not not take any pictures of the drone drilling. I'm going to let it keep what respect it has left.
I was flying it out about 1200ft in front of me 120 ft high with 65 % battery. Ive been having problems most of the day with getting good GPS signals.
I was bring it back and it came up warning GPS signal lost and thing or I can bring it back with out that. then I seen it was landing. Now this is where it gets dumb. Thinking ok I have signal I'll just take back off. Unknowing that when it landed it landed on a Tumbleweed and flipped over. So when I tried to start flying ( yea stop laughing) it started drilling.I could see dust flying in the air and now that happen and quick CSC.
I did take some pictures of it as I cleaned it up now these are after I took an air hose with 20lb press to it.
IMG_20160524_103436049.jpg IMG_20160524_103439607.jpg IMG_20160524_112114994.jpg IMG_20160524_112119422.jpg IMG_20160524_112123917.jpg IMG_20160524_112127864.jpg
The led covers were full of dirt, I had to take them off to get all the dirt out.
Now the part toll 2 motors and 1 ESC board. Lucky I have spare parts :cool:.
It should be backup and flying tonight.

3 mins of straight laughter here! As soon as you said it flipped over and you gunned it! Thanks pheonix[emoji41]

3 mins of straight laughter here! As soon as you said it flipped over and you gunned it! Thanks pheonix[emoji41]
oh and I forgot 4 new blades. really their not to bad concerting it dug a 8 inch deep hole. and I just had it up in my back yard checking it out. after a recalibration of compress and IMU.
IMG_20160524_150949365[1].jpg

I just won the auction for laird 5.8!!! .. $16!!! I'm a budget flyer lol

Im making a telescoping mount from a boat hook that attaches to tripod to raise that panel way up...im going to need to get a small anchor from work to hold the tripod down now!

This is going to be a "beast "set up, The extreme terminator! It's not going to be one for everyone but it's probably gonna be the best signal you've ever had unboosted. Here's a couple images I pulled up. They are very crappy pixelated images, but I just wanted to show you a scale size and arrangementView attachment 54937View attachment 54938
db, you'll be starting without boosters then right? If it's anything like the original Term, we likely won't need them?

Do you see us getting well over 10 miles and back with a duel batt mod in the future?

Oh yeah definitely will get 10 miles this summer, especially with the P3 standard! If we could just get the signal to be solid from start to finish, the P3 standard with the 5.2 MultiStar is a slamdunk 10 mile run.
Say flying into a 2-5 mph slight crosswind!
Yeah I'll definitely be tryin mine unboosted first. I'm guessing eventually will need to boost to 5.8 though. That's the Achilles' heel of the standard

Are the 2.4 antennas generally stronger because there are two of them, or is the 5.8 signal just weaker?

Seems like you learned a lot from using the Vision+ that carried over to the standard. Did the previous models like the Phantom 1 run 1 5.8 and two 2.4's as well?

aza
Oh yeah definitely will get 10 miles this summer, especially with the P3 standard! If we could just get the signal to be solid from start to finish, the P3 standard with the 5.2 MultiStar is a slamdunk 10 mile run.
Say flying into a 2-5 mph slight crosswind!
Yeah I'll definitely be tryin mine unboosted first. I'm guessing eventually will need to boost to 5.8 though. That's the Achilles' heel of the standard
Horizon's installer mentioned we will be getting the 5.8 panel on the extreme, pretty excited about that!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TK-62119