This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

Yup standard. I debated with the argtek or dbs. After seeing the results with the dbs I spent the extra count to get it.

Bummer so many people are having issues with the standard. I love it. I'm on the latest and greatest iPad app and firmware works great for me.

Still waiting for dirtybum to get the satellite link working...

I'm loving the standard to Tony, I haven't flown it in probably two weeks, because I've been running tests on those big panels with the P3P/A but it's high time I broke it back out and start running some distance with it because it is every bit as capable of going just as far as it's big brothers and it offers better flight time because it's lighter. What do you mean about satellite link is that a joke or is there a new mod I need to try

I'm loving the standard to Tony, I haven't flown it in probably two weeks, because I've been running tests on those big panels with the P3P/A but it's high time I broke it back out and start running some distance with it because it is every bit as capable of going just as far as it's big brothers and it offers better flight time because it's lighter. What do you mean about satellite link is that a joke or is there a new mod I need to try
Tony most of seen you working on this.
200px-Solar_dish_at_Ben-Gurion_National_Solar_Energy_Center_in_Israel.jpg

Can you post the video?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

In looking for it, I discovered that the longest single battery flight was only 19,200 and not 21,200.
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

The 21,200 was done with a battery mod but still the stock DBS. I cancelled RTH 3 times due to lost connection and could not push past it. So, that's its limit for me with a lot of interference. That flight is here:
HealthyDrones.com - Innovative flight data analysis that matters

I know I should have a screen recording on the Shield so I will look for it later.

Steven

Got 9,929 ft with the PS3 yesterday on top of a ski hill using DBS mod. Could have gone further, but the smart return to home kicked in. Next time I'll shut it off.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Hey guys, it's been a few days since I put any airtime on the P3S. I've been running those distance tests on the P3P/A using the Terminator!
As a result of some of those impressive numbers using the Terminator on both P3P,A,&S Horizon antennas has placed me on their test pilot program for the P3S as well other models.
The way I understand it here in the coming days I should be receiving the Horizon Terminator Extreme 5.8 model. That's the huge 19 dB version!
So at that point we will begin testing again on this thread the P3standard using that antenna, starting UNboosted of course!
Just wanted you to know I have not
abandoned these tests or this thread, I just got a lot of different tests to run with very little time. I'll keep you posted[emoji41]
Hey db, I was told by Horizon the Extreme was two weeks out. This was on the 12th, so we should see them by next week then?

Hey db, I was told by Horizon the Extreme was two weeks out. This was on the 12th, so we should see them by next week then?
I'm guessing you're right, I was told he was going to ship them to Tom as soon as he's off break which will be another week and a half. There will still be lots of summer left[emoji41]

What's your understanding are you going to get the 5.8 panel or the Blackhawk helical

What's your understanding are you going to get the 5.8 panel or the Blackhawk helical
I'll let you know when I get a response. We need that 5.8 as a panel right? It's listed as an optional add on at 74.97. But how would that work, two panels total or three?

The xtreme is (2) panels stacked vertically, so i guess the 3rd 5.8 panel would be on top, so three vertical panels.
Personally I wont except (2) 2.4 panels and (1) 5.8 blackhawk helical. I want to try a 5.8 panel

Okay from the pictures, it looks horizontal.
We'll just have to check it out,another pilot that uses the extreme said his is vertically stacked and that mine would be too, I asked if I could rearrange it and he said it's probably doable

Id like to see the panel horizons is using..did they give any specs for the 5.8 panel?

I post a picture of the 5.8 panel when I get it, but **** you guys are brutal, you'll have me pulling it apart, then you'll find a Hong Kong panel that cost three dollars[emoji41]
Lol im bidding on a Laird 19dbi 5.8 w/sma panel right now..so yeah guna need you to rip it apart for measurements...

Jk...maybe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
designerbags