This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

Ok got my earlier Christmas present from Procharged97 today. This is some Serious **** man. And a note to Pro I beat your kids hated you if you did the present at xmas time, I'll give you 125% on wrapping. Db I don't know on yours but it took me 15 minutes. Here are some pictures. I have some different cables coming in Thursday, but I like the setup.
View attachment 55748
View attachment 55749
View attachment 55750
View attachment 55751
Ok got my earlier Christmas present from Procharged97 today. This is some Serious **** man. And a note to Pro I beat your kids hated you if you did the present at xmas time, I'll give you 125% on wrapping. Db I don't know on yours but it took me 15 minutes. Here are some pictures. I have some different cables coming in Thursday, but I like the setup.
View attachment 55748
View attachment 55749
View attachment 55750
View attachment 55751
Hey man! what did you use to attach that antenna to the PVC pipe?

I use flytrex on all my a/c accept standard, because standard is compatible w/ flytrx
Hey DB, l don't know anything bout tracking systems but would like to understand why it isn't compatible? BTW it's been a hell of a read so far. I'm 3 months behind ya but can't wait to see what your future selves r up 2! No Spoilers

Hey DB, l don't know anything bout tracking systems but would like to understand why it isn't compatible? BTW it's been a hell of a read so far. I'm 3 months behind ya but can't wait to see what your future selves r up 2! No Spoilers
Buckeye can I take it your from wood county.
And Db puts it all on the table. Sometimes messy. ;)

I had an Oh **** moment right at the end of the flight! I was within 1000 feet and starting the land when I got motor max speed errors, and the aircraft started spinning around three or four times, even though I straightened it out it was trying to autoland directly over a large cornfield! I've had this happen only on the standard when I load it down with too much batteries/weight!
With some half skilled, half luck piloting I managed to bring it over to the pasture I was standing in. Here's where the lesson begins! It landed upside down and still had preview and safe to fly GPS, so without shutting the controller off I walked over to it and when I picked it up the motor started to spin again and I was 500 feet away from the controller,so I had no way to dissarm the motors!! All I could do is hold it with one hand while trying to unplug the external XT 60 connectors and shut off the main battery with one hand! I managed it but it wasn't fun. I'm just glad I was able to Pilate it over to the pasture or else it would've landed in 8 foot tall corn that looks like a jungle[emoji41]View attachment 59105
I popped a new battery back in and took it for a spin, everything is running fine
U could of just drilled some fence post holes. lol

When flying at an open space, my P3S with stock antenna lost IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL when the drone is just about 90 metres, I thought it would have been longer range like this...when losing image transmission signal I still control the phantom by RC (just no image received)...
Does Anybody know why?
:(

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I don't know why it could be firmware related! Typically with that aircraft you lose the control signal before the video side

@dirtybum, thanks to you, I canceled trading in my P3 4K for P3P after I saw what you did with P3S. So much potential the P3S has.

Btw, did you update the tx-power of your P3S from 17dbm to 27dbm? (2.4Ghz signal)

@dirtybum, thanks to you, I canceled trading in my P3 4K for P3P after I saw what you did with P3S. So much potential the P3S has.

Btw, did you update the tx-power of your P3S from 17dbm to 27dbm? (2.4Ghz signal)

I'm not familiar w/ that upgrade, fill me in please[emoji41]
I just use a combination of really good antennas and boosters ( & bat mods of course)

When flying at an open space, my P3S with stock antenna lost IMAGE TRANSMISSION SIGNAL when the drone is just about 90 metres, I thought it would have been longer range like this...when losing image transmission signal I still control the phantom by RC (just no image received)...
Does Anybody know why?
:(

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Hungluu sound like there is something w
I'm not familiar w/ that upgrade, fill me in please[emoji41]
I just use a combination of really good antennas and boosters ( & bat mods of course)

Reactions: PapaTita
I'm not familiar w/ that upgrade, fill me in please
emoji41.png

This is the original thread:
Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...
credits to @OjczeNasz , @SingLag , @Argonaise , @PapaTita .
Please CMIIW, they basically found a way to increase the tx-power of the 2.4GHz signal from 17dbm to 27dbm for P3S (its 15dbm to 27dbm for P34K) through telnet method (Software method). It helps us who didn't use dbs mod or any booster mod to increase video signal power (and slightly the rc signal?). Usually I lost my video signal at (200-300m) before the rc signal (400-500m). Now the video signal is stronger than the rc signal.

The video above is the fruit of the discussion. PapaTita made the exe file to automatically edit the files (djiled.sh on both rc and drone, and add watchlog.sh on rc).
What the exe file does:
1. It will edit the djiled.sh file in your rc and drone and activate telnet capability.
2. It will save a script watchlog.sh to your rc that can change your tx-power from 17-27dbm and search for empty channel.
3. It will edit the djiled.sh file in your rc to enable the watchlog.sh script to run automatically everytime you turn on your rc and drone.

Reactions: PapaTita
I bloody did it. Made it out to 3259m (10692ft) with my P3S. Has DBS mod and I am in Australia, so I think it is CE mode. Flew it out, though lost both control and video signals. Didn't have any connection back till nearly half way home. Took the prop guards off like DB said, and there was no wind at all. Only needed/wanted to goto 2klm but over the moon with the result!
IMG_5821.PNG

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor