This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

just checked it out! can't wait to see how it does for him...that 5.8 is smaller than the one on yours DB

just checked it out! can't wait to see how it does for him...that 5.8 is smaller than the one on yours DB

Yep, it's a 17dB , mine was a prototype 19dB! Horizon claims the 17 dB is just as good if not better, and a smaller package.
( if I had to guess though, they are able to build the 17db panels for a little bit cheaper price[emoji41]) but maybe they are better, and at least the smaller panel will cut down on the shipping cost for the supplier anyways

whats the actual dimensions of the extreme 2.4's?.

my 19dbi 5.8 is slightly larger than the CCP's

Wow guys. I don't read books, but this is the best thing I have read to date. Read the thread from start to finish in 3days in spare time hahaha

I have P3S with DBS, only needing about 2klm but I am now inspired to go further!
Getting itchy feet waiting for the 35++klm/hr winds to stop and it to warm up here in Melbourne.
Now looking for battery mods to fly further on the olds farm :)

Alright DB you need to hang out over here with the P3-ers and fly that standard!! I see you been favoring that P4 more than the rest of your fleet! When you doin some more tests with the Terminator Extreme! ?!? Im hoping Beau gets his cable situation so he can post his results on here!

sent from my POS Samsung Galaxy

Alright DB you need to hang out over here with the P3-ers and fly that standard!! I see you been favoring that P4 more than the rest of your fleet! When you doin some more tests with the Terminator Extreme! ?!? Im hoping Beau gets his cable situation so he can post his results on here!

sent from my POS Samsung Galaxy
Db tries to spread out the love all over!

Reactions: Mark The Droner
lol yeah I know I was just playin. I would be doing the same thing.. he already got serious distance distance on the P2V, P3S, P3A/P now its the P4's turn.

Went out to the farm today was keen to fly. Last time in the same place with a windsurfer only got 1000m this time out with itelite dbs mod got out to 1708m (5603ft) had to battle a head 10klm/hr headwind. Ran out of battery. Now I have the bug. Needing a still day and will get to the 2000m easy as had plenty on signal still.
b6ffe3da3f6b95d3402e1404d8503e77.jpg
5a2e95f2558630da988e403dc4c73187.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Went out to the farm today was keen to fly. Last time in the same place with a windsurfer only got 1000m this time out with itelite dbs mod got out to 1708m (5603ft) had to battle a head 10klm/hr headwind. Ran out of battery. Now I have the bug. Needing a still day and will get to the 2000m easy as had plenty on signal still.
b6ffe3da3f6b95d3402e1404d8503e77.jpg
5a2e95f2558630da988e403dc4c73187.jpg

Big Rob from looking at your picture see how it straight you came back try that going out and see if you do any better. Aim the panels at the direction your flying and see if you get any better.

Big Rob from looking at your picture see how it straight you came back try that going out and see if you do any better. Aim the panels at the direction your flying and see if you get any better.

The yellow is how I went out very straight. I did use course lock mode. I think this was the other factor that used up the battery plus the prob guards like DB said. The wind was a real factor as it was only traveling at 2-3meters a second. On the way back she was up to 16m/s. Thanks for the tips guys

Hi there!

I've been following all these tests/mods/setups for the P3S and has been thinking of extending my 5.8G range with better antenna and a possibly with a booster too.
(In CE-mode, I lose control around 865m with stock 5.8G antenna).
865m.jpg

(2.4G is better now with two 8dBi flat panel antennas).

From I've read 5.8G is only uplink/controll from RC to aircraft, right?
If that's the case why using bi-directional boosters for 5.8G?
Wouldn't this work for 5.8G then? 5.8G 3W/4.5W Wireless AV Transmitter Signal Booster Amplifier Extender for FPV

To everyone, keep upp the good (and presumably very fun too) work :)

//Per

Attachments

• upload_2016-7-18_15-34-50.png
    upload_2016-7-18_15-34-50.png
    416.7 KB · Views: 351
  • upload_2016-7-18_15-35-24.png
    upload_2016-7-18_15-35-24.png
    459.1 KB · Views: 311
Reactions: hexagon
Hi there!

I've been following all these tests/mods/setups for the P3S and has been thinking of extending my 5.8G range with better antenna and a possibly with a booster too.
(In CE-mode, I lose control around 865m with stock 5.8G antenna).
865m.jpg

(2.4G is better now with two 8dBi flat panel antennas).

From I've read 5.8G is only uplink/controll from RC to aircraft, right?
If that's the case why using bi-directional boosters for 5.8G?
Wouldn't this work for 5.8G then? 5.8G 3W/4.5W Wireless AV Transmitter Signal Booster Amplifier Extender for FPV

To everyone, keep upp the good (and presumably very fun too) work :)

//Per

It would work we had a conversation about those, they just don't last very long because the wiring isnt soldered on very good.you can get it to work for you though they're just delicate

Reactions: Mark The Droner
It would work we had a conversation about those, they just don't last very long because the wiring isnt soldered on very good.you can get it to work for you though they're just delicate

Thanks

//Per

Pretty good flight from my front step this evening. I'm really happy with this for a stock P3S. I didn't even get a single weak signal warning, I just chickened out! Living in the country has it's perks. Should have pushed it that last bit to call it an even mile!

muTcLcZ.png

My house is in a valley so when I take off I'm flying out over a ridge, hence the altitude from home point.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor