This is gonna be fun! (Distance tests)

When trying to run the patch, it happened...how can I fix it? Pls help ... :(

e54de1d2d4706cfac6786d8f2bb120e9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots
Have you tried in here? I know some people were having issues but theres a lot of good stuff in here.
Phantom 3 Standard range mod , let's do it together...

Hey everyone, i have a phantom 3 standard with dbs panel and 5.8 and 2.4 boosted with sunhans amps however im only powering it with a 7.4v 800 mah battery on each booster. I cant seem to push past the 2.5km (8202ft) without the wifi dropping and not returning.
Would a bigger battery on the amps fix this??

It's my understanding that you're supposed to be using a 12 volt battery for those amps.

12V dual lead battery 3000mah with charger

I think it's a good idea to build your setup "right" - from the beginning. That way, when you have a problem down the road, you don't have to second-guess something you did earlier.

Whether or not changing to a 12 volt battery will increase your range - I can't say.

It's my understanding that you're supposed to be using a 12 volt battery for those amps.

12V dual lead battery 3000mah with charger

I think it's a good idea to build your setup "right" - from the beginning. That way, when you have a problem down the road, you don't have to second-guess something you did earlier.

Whether or not changing to a 12 volt battery will increase your range - I can't say.
Thanks for your reply, i had a feeling i needed a bigger battery so i have actually purchased that exact battery and also a whole set of RG402 leads, so when it all arrives i will test it and post the results.
Thanks again!!

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I have phantom 3 standard and have latest FW and have the ARG Tek wifi range extender kit on my drone and I have done a lot of research on whether or not it actually does give you more range and distant a lot of forums say it does work. I have gone through every scenario possible with making sure I installed it right making sure the clips were fastened tightly hot gluing them on afterwords trying different combinations of the antennas that come with it the 5DBW's, the seven, 10, and still have no extra range what so ever I seen some stuff that says something about downgrading FW BUT everytime i try to i can't select anything to downgrade
4a3b131ffb8d30c80277481fde2bbdf1.jpg
.... I get stuck on this screen.^ does any one know how to fix this issue or buy something that will actually extend my range significantly? As of now I can go about 1400d and 1650h is the highest I've flown her. Thanks guys

I have phantom 3 standard and have latest FW and have the ARG Tek wifi range extender kit on my drone and I have done a lot of research on whether or not it actually does give you more range and distant a lot of forums say it does work. I have gone through every scenario possible with making sure I installed it right making sure the clips were fastened tightly hot gluing them on afterwords trying different combinations of the antennas that come with it the 5DBW's, the seven, 10, and still have no extra range what so ever I seen some stuff that says something about downgrading FW BUT everytime i try to i can't select anything to downgrade
4a3b131ffb8d30c80277481fde2bbdf1.jpg
.... I get stuck on this screen.^ does any one know how to fix this issue or buy something that will actually extend my range significantly? As of now I can go about 1400d and 1650h is the highest I've flown her. Thanks guys

Get a Phantom model that uses Light Bridge technology and not wi-fi.

Is there a reason you need to go over a quarter of a mile high?

I had the argtek on for one day, only got a couple hundred extra feet. Ordered the dbs itelite and i got huge increase. I have a very dense wooded flying area

Sent from my SM-G900V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Mark The Droner
I have the ITELITE and I can get three plus miles with massive tree obstruction flying my crappy POS P2V (stock 500 meters max range).

oh well I wont be doing that then just the ITELITE antenna. But question, which gets better range without the amps and bird-side mods argtek or ITELITE. If they are about the same then there's no point in spending the extra money on the ITELITE.
From watching youtube reviews either option is good.i went with argtek because of price and the fact that you don't have to drill holes in the remote.

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app

From watching youtube reviews either option is good.i went with argtek because of price and the fact that you don't have to drill holes in the remote.

Sent from my SM-T550 using PhantomPilots mobile app
Way worry about drilling a few small holes in a piece of plastic, isn't getting the best antenna mod more important. And the reviews of Argtek vs the Itelite are night and day. There is a small price difference, but not much.

Once you have cracked open the remote and disconnected the stock antennas, you have already done 90% of the installation, to be able to use any external antenna. Might as well install the best! Besides, the DBS-02 clean install does not require drilling any additional holes either!

ITELITE here.
Longest I have gone is about 1600 ft before video drops out. It can get pretty choppy before that though. Not sure why I'm not getting the range some of y'all are with stock P3S and unboosted ITELITE.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4