Incredible shots... I love the overhead of the ground fog with the streets visible, and the shot of the building. They're all great, but these two just really appeal to me.

If it isn't too much trouble, it would be great to see side-by-sides of the raw images and your final edits. I'm really new at this (got it for Christmas), and would love to see how others produce these great final images.

Even just pick one -- maybe the one with the biggest difference between raw and finished -- and describe what you did to it.

Reactions: Jeremiah Fitzjurls
Incredible shots... I love the overhead of the ground fog with the streets visible, and the shot of the building. They're all great, but these two just really appeal to me.

If it isn't too much trouble, it would be great to see side-by-sides of the raw images and your final edits. I'm really new at this (got it for Christmas), and would love to see how others produce these great final images.

Even just pick one -- maybe the one with the biggest difference between raw and finished -- and describe what you did to it.
I'll be sure to post what before and after shots that I can for you as soon as I get home. It's no problem at all. We are all here to try and help eachother become better in any way we can. :)

Sent from my SM-G920V using PhantomPilots mobile app

Alrighty so here's a few side-by-sides from RAW product (no pun intended) to finished product. Software used was Photomatix Pro to merge the bracketed shots together (where noted with *) and then finished editing within Adobe Lightroom usually by going down on highlights, up on shadows, down on whites, up on black and then bringing up the clarity just a bit and adjusting the vibrancy to taste. Up'd the sharpness to 70ish then luminance to around 30ish. (On your Preference) Add gradient filter for horizon as needed depending on overexposure.
2017-01-22 (1).png
2017-01-22 (2).png
2017-01-22 (3).png
2017-01-22 (4).png
2017-01-22 (5).png
2017-01-22.png

@Jeremiah Fitzjurls , wow awesome work.. I hope I am able to learn to take awesome pics like that. Practicing. I just got my Phantom 4 on Christmas. I got the Polar Pro Cinema Series filters (both the Shutter and Vivid collection), and am looking forward to getting to use them. I'm in New Jersey so crappy weather right now, haha. I had a general question for anyone who can answer this... Do you guys use "D-Log or D-Cinelike" when filming videos etc if you're going to edit afterwards, or just keep it as "none" instead? I don't have Adobe Lightroom. All I have is Adobe Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements for me to edit pictures and videos.

I've watched some in depth tutorials on Lightroom and it seems like a great program for both HDR and general photo editing. After comparing Lightroom with Elements I would go for Lightroom 10x over; definitely worth twice the price. I've got Photoshop CS6 on our work computer but it's slow and it's mainly my wife's PC. While I think Lightroom is well worth the $150.00, unfortunately after getting me the P4 and a pretty decent iMac I'm going to have to wait until my birthday or our anniversary or... St. Patrick's day or something.

Cool looking edits Jeremiah and nice composition! Keep posting!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I've watched some in depth tutorials on Lightroom and it seems like a great program for both HDR and general photo editing. After comparing Lightroom with Elements I would go for Lightroom 10x over; definitely worth twice the price. I've got Photoshop CS6 on our work computer but it's slow and it's mainly my wife's PC. While I think Lightroom is well worth the $150.00, unfortunately after getting me the P4 and a pretty decent iMac I'm going to have to wait until my birthday or our anniversary or... St. Patrick's day or something.

Ahh see I'd love to get Lightroom, but I've spent enough money for now lol... The Photoshop Elements 15 & Premiere Elements 15 combo I got was $70... (Normally like $150 according to Best Buy?) I got it as a sale when I just bought my new computer. With all the accessories I bought for my Phantom 4, I can't spend any extra money right now haha. Hopefully the Elements is good enough :) Thanks for the tip though!! When I have the money I'll look into it. Any info on that D-Log/D-Cinelike modes vs Normal?

Thanks for the support! and yes I can definitely side with you on pricing. Lol I'll keep posting around every month or so or whenever I am able to get a nice batch together.

@Jeremiah Fitzjurls , wow awesome work.. I hope I am able to learn to take awesome pics like that. Practicing. I just got my Phantom 4 on Christmas. I got the Polar Pro Cinema Series filters (both the Shutter and Vivid collection), and am looking forward to getting to use them. I'm in New Jersey so crappy weather right now, haha. I had a general question for anyone who can answer this... Do you guys use "D-Log or D-Cinelike" when filming videos etc if you're going to edit afterwards, or just keep it as "none" instead? I don't have Adobe Lightroom. All I have is Adobe Photoshop Elements & Premiere Elements for me to edit pictures and videos.
Very nice with the filters. I haven't gotten myself a set yet (still running stock) and now that I've gotten my feet wet with stills I'm also going to try embarking into the world of video editing which seems to be alto more challenging which I look forward to. And understanding how expensive software can be Id be more than happy with editing some shots for you. No charge of course and they'd be water marked however you'd like. I honestly just really enjoy the editing side of things.

Reactions: antnyp85
Very nice shots!

Any info on that D-Log/D-Cinelike modes vs Normal?

Nothing useful from me as I've just started experimenting with d-log and GoPro's ProTune. Color correction is a whole different ball game. There are tons of great resources both on this forum and the web though. I got Final Cut Pro X with my mac coming from Pinnacle Studios on an old slow windows PC. Larry Jordan has some great videos on YouTube about working with that kind of stuff.

I've done some HDR stuff before but I always end up with strange problems in post. This leads me to a question which has most likely been addressed 1 billion times in another thread and the answer is almost certainly a no brained but: I was taking some bracketed and HDR shots at about 1,000' in some wind the other day and the images turned out awful. Was the wind my problem? Yes? Okay, thanks.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164