THE Ultimate Guide for all Phantom Vision and Vision+ owners

Re: THE Ultimate Guide for all Phantom Vision and Vision+ ow

No updates yet? Come on, we got so used to your daily updates :)

New Phantom 2 Vision owner here and I just found your guide... Excellent work, thanks for pulling all that together!

ciguli said:
No updates yet? Come on, we got so used to your daily updates :)

Version sep-22-2014 is now online...just for you :D

Yes! There is a new version of THE guide (v. Sep-23-2014) and it's available now.

After watching some pretty scary videos about LiPo batteries, I've decided to add something that should have been in the DJI Phantom User's Guide from the beginning (and not in a "Disclaimer" document that nobody read anyway. Raise your hand if you've read that document from DJI...anybody?): A section about "LIPO BATTERY – SAFETY ADVISORY NOTICE"!!!!

Be sure to download it otherwise you're missing something that might save your house :eek:

Same link as before:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1hohc3mceym/DJI Phantom Vision Summary Guide.pdf?dl=0
Let me know what you think.

Enjoy, Fly Safely and Take GOOD Care of your LiPos!

Since It seems I have a reputation to maintain...ie. One update per day :D :D :D

Here's another update. Version Sep-24-2014.
I've made some adjustments to the LiPo Battery and Camera Update Sections.

Same link as before:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1hohc3mceym/DJI Phantom Vision Summary Guide.pdf?dl=0
Let me know what you think.

Enjoy, Fly Safely and Take Care.

Yep, I have 404 on Dropbox web page when I try to access the link...

un hombre said:
Yep, I have 404 on Dropbox web page when I try to access the link...

If you cannot access THE guide online, just send me an Private Message. I'll be glad to send you a copy by email.

Thanks but not necessary anymore, it turns out it works on the PC but not on Android mobile for some reason. Thanks for your effort.

Maybe we missed it, but it never hurts to make sure the camera lens isn't dirty, spotted, smeared, etc., before each flight. Lens cleaning is a subject all by itself.

THANK YOU!!
I was thrilled to see a "hands-on, experienced-user, bottom-line, additional tips and tricks" manual.
With links for additional info!!!

I cannot imagine (well.... yes I can) how much time you have devoted to help this community.
I downloaded and printed your manual.
Although - I would not recommend it for a relaxing, bed-time read.
(But maybe that's just me).

I've already spent too much time following your many informative links.
eg:
Wife: "It's 2:00am, what the he** are you doing online?"
Me: "Research"
Wife: "Idiot".
Me: "sigh".

I'll admit that I'm a noob when it comes to the quadcopter/DJI products.
(I shine in other rooms).
You have produced an extremely valuable, informative, non-judgemental/non-opinionated, learning tool.
Thank you.

I'll admit that I have not have read all the replies to your original post, (I've been too busy reading your document and links).
So this may have been mentioned previously ...
My only suggestion would be that it may be beneficial to slightly reformat your PDF document with larger margins so that it may be more easily printed (auto printing/centering/size-to-fit/duplex, etc.) to allow pages to be stapled/hole-punched as a hard-copy for future reference, and yes .... as possible "bed-time" reading.

All in good fun and respect.

I sure would appreciate better margins (for printing purposes), also! My hp print software disables print margin settings on this document, and three-hole punching rips the guts out of the left side of the page contents. Better margins would make this a wonderful field manual for the Phantom kit.

Channel70Productions said:
Maybe we missed it, but it never hurts to make sure the camera lens isn't dirty, spotted, smeared, etc., before each flight. Lens cleaning is a subject all by itself.

Hi,

Yes, there was a something about checking the lens...But I updated the text a bit more with your comment.

Thanks

DrD said:
I sure would appreciate better margins (for printing purposes), also! My hp print software disables print margin settings on this document, and three-hole punching rips the guts out of the left side of the page contents. Better margins would make this a wonderful field manual for the Phantom kit.

Hum... that means I'm gonna have to repaginate everything :shock:

Let me see what I can do.

Any suggestion of the best margins to use? 1-2-3-4 cm?

My binder has the holes at 1 cm, and the inner edge of the cover at 2 cm, where text can first be read. So anything greater than or equal to 2 cm would be a good fit for the binder type I use. The binder is Acco Press Report Cover, if that helps, in any way. And ... Thanks for all your work! This is a great service and very much appreciated.

-Dale-

geosky said:
I've already spent too much time following your many informative links.
eg:
Wife: "It's 2:00am, what the he** are you doing online?"
Me: "Research"
Wife: "Idiot".
Me: "sigh".

Story of my life ;) ;)

Thanks for your nice comments, BTW :)

Simply awesome list, Fantomas. Thank for your time and effort.

Couple of points if I may. After the Phantom has been submerged in sea water, you'll greatly improve your chances for a full recovery by submerging it fully in fresh water as soon as possible after the dunking and swaying it back and forth while in the water and turning it over a few times. This gets rid of all of the stubborn air bubbles and thus all tiny pockets of salt water that later will result in corrosion. "Bathe" the craft like this for less than a minute and then submerge it in a container filled with rubbing alcohol for a short while, this time making sure you get rid of all pockets of fresh water.

For good measure, leave the unit in a container filled with uncooked rice for a few days, i.e. it has to be covered from head to toe. No peeking. Shaking the container gently every so often is good. Once done, use an air pump to eliminate the rice grains and rice fragments from the craft.

Removing the battery and taking apart the shell beforehand is advisable, yes.

The mere rinsing/air-con method may work too, but not as well as the rubbing alcohol/rice approach. I've found that rinsing doesn't allow the water to get into all inner nooks and crannies. And the air-con cools all components and what-nots until they're quite cold. These then tend to spawn water beads by condensation.

By the way, I'm not sure if this is covered in your guide, but some time ago, I read about this company that applies some synthetic material on electronic circuitry, rendering it all waterproof. Any of our fellow Phantom-flyers know a bit more about this?

Cheers.

Perhaps not really for the guide, more so common sense... but might help some new pilots (like myself, all though I was just doing some testing... familiar, or so I thought with aerodynamics on planes)

Flying in constant low-med winds... not to bad...
Flying in gusting conditions... the ol girl might drop like a stone X amount of feet....

Wasn't even that Gusty.... but it was dropping alll over the place in the gusts... Went from 20 feet to 3 feet in a blink of an eye (this was on GPS mode, 9 sats).. came back up again to height, but really had to struggle right after the gust, thought It was a goner actually :(

I was quite surprised.. I understand how low pressure/reduced airflow over wings can cause a drop, but didn't think a quadcopter would be susceptible to that ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnndyManuka