Can we get an auto update feature on this? :lol:

Re: THE Ultimate Guide for all Phantom Vision and Vision+ ow

planedr said:
Can we get an auto update feature on this? :lol:

Almost done with updates... ;) ;)
I think :D

change log? :)

Mostly in the "Always be prepared for the Worst" section...again.
If I'm not covering everything bad than could happen during a flight, I'm covering nothing at all. ;) ;)

But also some new info/tips in the following sections:
"Starting/Stopping the Motors"
"Flight Environment Requirements"
" - Side Notes"
"Compass Calibration"
"Preventive Maintenance Checklist"

As you can see, I've been busy ... :lol:

Next, If I find some time, I'll test the DJI Ground Station and...My new Moverio glasses :geek: that should arrive next week, I hope.
Can't wait to test them and fly FPV instead of using my tiny smartphone screen.

Again, thanks to all of you who gave me all the material/info needed to make this guide, THE ultimate guide for the Vision/Vision+. :p
You guys helped me a lot with your comments and field experiences (good or bad).

Now I'm waiting for a call from DJI CEO to include this guide with every new phantom sold. ;) ;) ;)

Fantomas said:
change log? :)

Mostly in the "Always be prepared for the Worst" section...again.
If I'm not covering everything bad than could happen during a flight, I'm covering nothing at all. ;) ;)

But also some new info/tips in the following sections:
"Starting/Stopping the Motors"
"Flight Environment Requirements"
" - Side Notes"
"Compass Calibration"
"Preventive Maintenance Checklist"

As you can see, I've been busy ... :lol:

Next, If I find some time, I'll test the DJI Ground Station and...My new Moverio glasses :geek: that should arrive next week, I hope.
Can't wait to test them and fly FPV instead of using my tiny smartphone screen.

Again, thanks to all of you who gave me all the material/info needed to make this guide, THE ultimate guide for the Vision/Vision+. :p
You guys helped me a lot with your comments and field experiences (good or bad).

Now I'm waiting for a call from DJI CEO to include this guide with every new phantom sold. ;) ;) ;)
anything in the manual about the low level battery warning indicator / bar? i.e. percentage when it reaches critical... 15% will auto land... level for RTH... ability to cancel... if auto land initiated, can push full throttle up to keep from descending further to maneuver to safer area... stuff like that...

anything in the manual about the low level battery warning indicator / bar? i.e. percentage when it reaches critical... 15% will auto land... level for RTH... ability to cancel... if auto land initiated, can push full throttle up to keep from descending further to maneuver to safer area... stuff like that...

- yes (Battery status section). Did not specify % because DJI keeps on changing that info with firmware update :(
- yes (Failsafe section)
- sort off (Low battery section). I will add some more details about the "Auto-Land" when battery is low.
Mine is turned off. I don't trust auto-landing...I want to stay in control. :cool:
Got something I can add?

Anything else ?

Hi everyone,

Latest version of THE guide (v. Sep-08-2014) is now available:

I've added a bunch of very cool video/tutorial links all over the place.

Updated the following sections:
- DJI Vision / Radar Function
- Flight Environment Requirements
- Pre-Flight Checklist/Tips & Tricks/Notes
(Mainly in the Low Battery section)
- Ground Station

Minor corrections here and there.

Be sure to download it otherwise you're missing something :)

Here's the link:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1hohc3mceym/DJI Phantom Vision Summary Guide.pdf?dl=0
Let me know what you think.

Enjoy, Fly Safely and Take Care.

Hi everyone,

Latest version of THE guide (v. Sep-16-2014) is now available:

I've added a few more video/tutorial links.
Minor corrections here and there.

Same link as before:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/mv8d1hohc3mceym/DJI Phantom Vision Summary Guide.pdf?dl=0

Darn, just printed and read the "old" one this week. I will print the latest, thanks.

jetlag said:
Darn, just printed and read the "old" one this week. I will print the latest, thanks.

:oops:
I think I'm almost done with the updates, unless someone point me to something I missed...
So far, I think I've covered everything there is to know to keep this thing in one piece :lol:

Do you think this is "THE' guide for the Phantom? :p :p :p
DJI are you listening??? Your user's guide S....

Hint: Load THE guide on your smartphone/tablet for future reference. :idea:

This is an awesome piece of work. Essential reading for any p2v+ owner. I keep rereading it and am always learning something I missed. It's jam-packed with good info !! Thank you fantomas !

dpdpkpcom said:
This is an awesome piece of work. Essential reading for any p2v+ owner. I keep rereading it and am always learning something I missed. It's jam-packed with good info !! Thank you fantomas !

Thanks! :p

I'm in the exact same situation. Each time I reread THE guide I find something I forgot...must be my "old" age ;)

Like on my last flight, my bird was about 100ft up the air and a bit too far for my own taste with only 1m left on battery...I just forgot to keep an eye on my battery level and auto-land was off :eek: :eek:
So I started to bring it down as fast as I could but...suddenly I remembered about VRS. :cry:
Just before hitting the panic button, I said to myself: Relaxxx man, you know what to do, it's all in THE guide!
59 seconds later, my aircraft was sitting calmly on the ground right besides me and without a single scratch :D

Hi everyone,

Latest version of THE guide (v. Sep-18-2014) is now available:

Yesterday, I read something about using CL mode to bring back the aircraft when GPS signal is lost.
So I made some changes in my "Baby, Come Back" section.
Again, Minor corrections here and there.

Same link as before:

404 issue is back :-( could someone please email me this?

BIGBEAR29 said:
404 issue is back :-( could someone please email me this?

Send me a PM, I'll send a zipped file back to you.

Fantomas said:
dpdpkpcom said:

Thanks! :p

I'm in the exact same situation. Each time I reread THE guide I find something I forgot...must be my "old" age ;)

Like on my last flight, my bird was about 100ft up the air and a bit too far for my own taste with only 1m left on battery...I just forgot to keep an eye on my battery level and auto-land was off :eek: :eek:
So I started to bring it down as fast as I could but...suddenly I remembered about VRS. :cry:
Just before hitting the panic button, I said to myself: Relaxxx man, you know what to do, it's all in THE guide!
59 seconds later, my aircraft was sitting calmly on the ground right besides me and without a single scratch :D

Lets make this more challenging, shall we. :geek:

What steps did I do to bring it back safely. I'll need the "why" also.
Hint: Guess what...It's all in THE guide...of course :cool:

The winner will get...well...Everyone appreciation and...One less "smash" Phantom ;)

Just read through now, thanks heaps :)

Just one thing that you might want to add For P2V+ owners....... In the Camera Update section at the very end.. I couldn't figure out how to "turn on the camera" it looks like previous versions of the camera has on/off button (according to wiki). Anyways so I cleared the stuff off sdcard and copied the .bin file onto the sdcard.. placed it in camera and powered on the phantom... There was no flashing yellow led on the camera (it was steady yellow the entire time) so I assumed it did not work...
However when I put sdcard back in PC it renamed the file with the ".bak" extension like it said it would in the guide.. so looks like it has updated. Camera is still working which is good :p

Figured I'd mention it in case it helps other new folks... and someone please correct me if does indeed have vision 2+ camera has on/off ??
Is there a way to see camera version to confirm it definitely worked ??

*edit* Ah I see you can see the version in DJI App.. Its got the version I loaded on... problem is I don't know what version I had before :p

justin00 said:
Just read through now, thanks heaps :)

Just one thing that you might want to add For P2V+ owners....... In the Camera Update section at the very end.. I couldn't figure out how to "turn on the camera" it looks like previous versions of the camera has on/off button (according to wiki). Anyways so I cleared the stuff off sdcard and copied the .bin file onto the sdcard.. placed it in camera and powered on the phantom... There was no flashing yellow led on the camera (it was steady yellow the entire time) so I assumed it did not work...
However when I put sdcard back in PC it renamed the file with the ".bak" extension like it said it would in the guide.. so looks like it has updated. Camera is still working which is good :p

Figured I'd mention it in case it helps other new folks... and someone please correct me if does indeed have vision 2+ camera has on/off ??
Is there a way to see camera version to confirm it definitely worked ??

*edit* Ah I see you can see the version in DJI App.. Its got the version I loaded on... problem is I don't know what version I had before :p

There's no on/off for the camera on the P2V+.

If I remember correctly, I did the same thing and nothing happened.
I checked the version using the DJI app and I was already up to date...so that's why it didn't do anything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart